Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Improving Graphics Quality For Nvidia And Amd Gpu (Sweetfx In 64Bit Mode, Screens For Amd)

Abenoki

Question

Here is a quick guide to improving the overall graphics quality for both GPU brands without sacrificing a bunch of performance

Most of this is from the AMD side as thats what i own but hopefully you Nvidia users can figure out it for your respective settings

The Tools you need are:

RadeonPro (need this to have SweetFX in 64bit mode on both)

You GPU settings menu

SweetFX 1.4 files

Part 1: This First part can also be done in RadeonPro for AMD users

First Go into your respective GPU settings menu (Catalyst Control for AMD and Nvidia Control Panel)

Go to manage your 3D Settings

Make a Separate Profile for Warframex64

AMD users this should be your settings

screen1.jpg

Nvidia users your AA samples should be 8xCS or higher (idk exactly what it is called in Nvidia panel) 8xCS should be light enough weight and give good image quality

You also may have to set your Anisotropic filtering to x8 for FPS as AMD uses a lighter weight algorithm (from what i know it may have changed) set it to x16 and if you have frame dips drop it to x8

Also make sure and format optimization is on as from my experience it does little to degrade image quality and more for performance. I tested on AMD with it off and on and there was no noticeable difference besides FPS.

Also, Adaptive Anti Aliasing for Nvidia is called TrAA

Part 2:

Now hopefully you have SweetFX and RadeonPro downloaded and RadeonPro installed

Extract SweetFX to a folder of your choice other than the game folder (i Suggest C:\SweetFX)

Install and Run RadeonPro

Click on the icon with a little green + and browse to your warframex64 executable

for steam users its under your steamapps\common\warframe folder

Also while your at it Click the check box by SMAA and set it to Ultra (not 100% sure is this will work for Nvidia)

Nvidia users may have to set SMAA to custom and set the values in the screenshot to get it to work (try it and let me know)

screen2.jpg

This will create a profile for Warframe

Now Click on the Gear icon next to the red icon

Go to the SweetFX settings and enable it, and set a toggle key (I made mine Alt+S)

Where it says SweetFX files location and click the change button and direct it to where you extracted your SweetFX files

Click Save once you are done

screen3.jpg

Now go to the Launcher Tab and where it says launcher select custom

under launcher details click browse and go to the tools folder where your warframex64 is and select the launcher.exe

screen3-5.jpg

AMD ONLY PART

Look at the images they should be simple enough to understand

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

END AMD ONLY 

Now go to the SweetFX Tab and place a Check next to Bloom, HDR, Luma, Vibrance, Curves, and Dither

Settings for each should be (dont change any i dont list)

Bloom - Threshold 24.25, Power 1.300

HDR -  Power 0.98, Radius 0.80

Luma- strength .78, Clamp 0.100

Vibrance -  0.25

Curves - Contrast 0.45

Dither - Method 2

screen6.jpg

Once all this is done right click on your profile in the left pane and click apply now (shouldnt have to but i like too)

screen7.jpg

Now open warframe and enable fullscreen mode (borderless causes issues with detection of the application)

screen8.jpg

now enjoy your spiffy warframe graphics :>

This will all work for AMD users, Nvidia users please let me know if any of this doesnt work for you 

Nvidia users some of the Mipmap and LOD things can be done in your control panel or in Nvidia Inspector, try them out but i dont know how to use them or what to set

and one more time IT MUST BE RUN IN FULLSCREEN TO WORK

EDIT: My system specs are as follows

4ghz AMD FX 8120

8gb DDR3 1600

AMD Radeon HD 6970

Edited by Ecotox

14 answers to this question

I have a AMD HD 6950 but lost the driver disc after i formated my computer, i still have the controll center for it though, will i be able to do this?

Download the latest from the AMD website, but yes you should be able to 

Thank you so much dude i've been lagging in games like this for soo long now and finaly it solved =)

If your having lag make sure to set Anti Aliasing to 4xEQ and Anisotropic Filtering to x8, and SMAA to medium or high and that should help when it comes to these settings C:

Glad to have helped

Edited by Ecotox

Nvidia users make sure to report your results so i know how it works for you guys

Nvidia Inspector is better for Nvidia cards.

Never, ever use Radeon software on an Nvidia card.

As for settings, I force AA through Nvidia Inspector, because it lets you set it to something other than the piss poor FXAA provided by the game.

Beyond that, SweetFX doesn't really do all that much for Warframe. Maybe "sharpens" the appearance, but it doesn't really add any noticeable effects beyond what's already in the game.

Nvidia Inspector is better for Nvidia cards.

Never, ever use Radeon software on an Nvidia card.

As for settings, I force AA through Nvidia Inspector, because it lets you set it to something other than the &!$$ poor FXAA provided by the game.

Beyond that, SweetFX doesn't really do all that much for Warframe. Maybe "sharpens" the appearance, but it doesn't really add any noticeable effects beyond what's already in the game.

Ik what inpsector is :P RadeonPro is so you can do SweetFX in 64bit mode (it includes sweetfx integration that works in 64bit), and for AMD users the extra settings, Nvidia inspector would be extras for Nvidia users

as for sweetFX, it did alot to sharpen the image and enhance the lighting for me as well as the color and tone, never claimed added effects :P This is about increasing graphics "quality" not "adding effects" hence the title of "improving"

took me a bit of testing settings and research to find what worked well and didnt drop my FPS below a lower limit of 50FPS

my FPS stays within 50-60

Edited by Ecotox

Hmm I can't seem to get RadeonPro or SweetFX to work with my game. I do the settings correctly. Notice no change at all. Tried the toggle SweetFX to see if it works and no change (yes I set up a hotkey.)

Edit: Got it working after I restarted my comp. Game looks nicer to me. Thanks for the guide!

Edited by StratoS117

I have installed RadeonPro and SweetFX.

If any improvements have been made, they are trivial. The game pretty much feels the same. And if anything else, it may just made my GPU run hotter.

Edited by Lucilius

Hmm I can't seem to get RadeonPro or SweetFX to work with my game. I do the settings correctly. Notice no change at all. Tried the toggle SweetFX to see if it works and no change (yes I set up a hotkey.)

Edit: Got it working after I restarted my comp. Game looks nicer to me. Thanks for the guide!

Me, I just uninstalled it. Am not impressed.