The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel+Companion?

el_chanis

9 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

any veterans, remind me if sentinel+companion wasn't ta thing.  I could swear it was way back, assuming its been removed.  

sadly, it never was a thing. I can imagine the S#&$storm DE woulded got if they removed one.

I for one would enjoy being able to have both a sentinel and a companion equipped at the same time - I'd be more than glad to sacrifice a sentinel weapon for it.  For all the ppl complaining about the balance issues, any it could bring are trivial in my opinion - people will find ways ways to make use of extreme cheese either way.  It's also worth noting that not everyone is a min-maxer, or cares about trying to use the most broken combination ever.  If you bother to put the time and effort into sentinels / companions, it would be nice to be able to make more use of them instead of having them just collecting dust in stasis /  arsenal because you can only use one or the other.  Sure, companions can be quite strong, but warframes and their weapons/abilities are much stronger and i tend to see people prefering the QoL and utility that sentinels bring more frequently than what companions do.  And as it was already pointed out, it would be a potential solution for those who would like to use a companion but still make use of Vaccuum.

1 hour ago, Sin1989 said:

I for one would enjoy being able to have both a sentinel and a companion equipped at the same time - I'd be more than glad to sacrifice a sentinel weapon for it.  For all the ppl complaining about the balance issues, any it could bring are trivial in my opinion - people will find ways ways to make use of extreme cheese either way.  It's also worth noting that not everyone is a min-maxer, or cares about trying to use the most broken combination ever.  If you bother to put the time and effort into sentinels / companions, it would be nice to be able to make more use of them instead of having them just collecting dust in stasis /  arsenal because you can only use one or the other.  Sure, companions can be quite strong, but warframes and their weapons/abilities are much stronger and i tend to see people prefering the QoL and utility that sentinels bring more frequently than what companions do.  And as it was already pointed out, it would be a potential solution for those who would like to use a companion but still make use of Vaccuum.

I didn't suggested the removal of the sentinels's weapons because many ppl (me included) invested many formas, catalyst and even rivens, to try to optimize them. And while i would love to loose all of that to get my pet, i can only imagine how salty the playerbase can get with such measure. Maybe as an option? Sentinel+gun, or sentinel+pet?

10 minutes ago, el_chanis said:

I didn't suggested the removal of the sentinels's weapons because many ppl (me included) invested many formas, catalyst and even rivens, to try to optimize them. And while i would love to loose all of that to get my pet, i can only imagine how salty the playerbase can get with such measure. Maybe as an option? Sentinel+gun, or sentinel+pet?

That's what i meant - you can either run sentinel+gun or sentinel+pet.  I didn't mean to imply removing sentinel weapons entirely, my apologies if it seemed that way lol.