Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo is now better

Pironut

I've recently returned to Warframe and to my surprise Limbo got a rework

With that rework I managed to make my Ogris viable again in endless defense missions

I don't feel very good today so I made a short video explaining how to have fun with Limbo and AOE weapons 

Spoiler

Lots of explosions and lots of numbers I almost crashed my game at one point

Edited by Pironut

He's still extremely annoying to play with in a group still
The UI tint being in the rift is annoying. 
Cataclysm going up makes all my lenz arrows worthless cause I have to go inside the cata so i can go oneshot myself with it or ask for a rift(which im not gonna do just so i can play the game. e-e) 
Stasis is extremely annoying. Could have AoE one shotted that full group of enemies but nah my arrows / bullets are frozen in the air wasting time.

Solo play sure, much better.

1 hour ago, Vesiga said:

Cataclysm going up makes all my lenz arrows worthless cause I have to go inside the cata so i can go oneshot myself with it or ask for a rift(which im not gonna do just so i can play the game. e-e) 
Stasis is extremely annoying. Could have AoE one shotted that full group of enemies but nah my arrows / bullets are frozen in the air wasting time.

I use really low range so I don't put enemies and allies in the rift if I don't want to I just put a small rift bubble and spam rockets then release them when I'm reloading or I need high damage at once, it depends on how you want to play him

7 hours ago, Vesiga said:

If the Limbo is bad, yeah. He's not pug friendly but totally squad friendly.

Also please avoid talking about something totally not related to the OP. How his build can be annoying ?

Any of the things you talk about are 100% bad Limbos doing things they should do in another mission type or just bad players. (Except the UI tint wich is totally subjective)

Edited by Xgomme

On 9/4/2017 at 1:24 PM, Xgomme said:

If the Limbo is bad, yeah. He's not pug friendly but totally squad friendly.

Also please avoid talking about something totally not related to the OP. How his build can be annoying ?

Any of the things you talk about are 100% bad Limbos doing things they should do in another mission type or just bad players. (Except the UI tint wich is totally subjective)

It's 100% related. Limbo's ability kit is aggravating to play with. Which is a direct reply to saying he's better, because no, he's still annoying. 

Limbos kit is obnoxious in groups. 

Sure, you can try to set something up with friends to make him work, but lets be real here, why should a team have to revolve what theyre going to do around him? 
If thats what those people want to do, then yeah sure, fine, but that's a rare case. People want to play how they want to play, Limbo works AGAINST that. 
Having to be in the rift to damage rifted enemies is obnoxious when you have weapons that have to be shot from a distance or youll kill yourself. 
The energy lay over on your screen makes some peoples eyes uncomfortable. 
Stasis is disruptive of the gameplay flow. 
Cataclysm applies to having to be rifted to do anything. 

Yes I know you can use abilities to damage things out of the rift. 
but what comes in to play for that is, what frame are you? Trinity? oh too bad so sad you can't do anything now. 

What piro say about the small range, is okay, his way doesnt negatively effect the team as bad as how EVERY other limbo player plays. 
but lets focus on the majority shall we?

TL;DR 
Limbo works against most cases of gameplay unless you set up your kit just for him, and that's completely ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Vesiga said:

It's 100% related. Limbo's ability kit is aggravating to play with. Which is a direct reply to saying he's better, because no, he's still annoying. 

Limbos kit is obnoxious in groups. 

Sure, you can try to set something up with friends to make him work, but lets be real here, why should a team have to revolve what theyre going to do around him? 
If thats what those people want to do, then yeah sure, fine, but that's a rare case. People want to play how they want to play, Limbo works AGAINST that. 
Having to be in the rift to damage rifted enemies is obnoxious when you have weapons that have to be shot from a distance or youll kill yourself. 
The energy lay over on your screen makes some peoples eyes uncomfortable. 
Stasis is disruptive of the gameplay flow. 
Cataclysm applies to having to be rifted to do anything. 

Yes I know you can use abilities to damage things out of the rift. 
but what comes in to play for that is, what frame are you? Trinity? oh too bad so sad you can't do anything now. 

What piro say about the small range, is okay, his way doesnt negatively effect the team as bad as how EVERY other limbo player plays. 
but lets focus on the majority shall we?

TL;DR 
Limbo works against most cases of gameplay unless you set up your kit just for him, and that's completely ridiculous. 

In my experience the Limbo can totally adapt to the team and the mission type. 

Most visual problems you talk about are the same with any other big abilities (Frost, Nova, Mag, Mirage, well, any warframe)

"People want to play how they play" That's why I said he's not public friendly for sure, but hey, Ember making the mission boring is a real problem to me too.

I don't see the problem with Trin and Limbo paired, But I see a lot of problems with lazy Ember, Banshee, Equinox players these days... (Banshee and Eq are awesome don't get me wrong, they just have a press X to win option I really dislike)

To me it's the same selfish deal than people going full dps in a public game. You'll just ruin othe people games... If the Limbo/Ember/Horse had in mind that he's playing in a squad, you would not see that. All those problems are not related to Limbo, just hints what is wrong with the actual state of some frames and actual state of people lazy mentality.

Most people salty about Limbo will say the same thing along the lines of "Uhhh, ma damages". Those players should play solo.

TLDR : "Limbo works against most cases of gameplay unless you set up your kit just for him, and that's completely ridiculous. "
Cf my first post. If the Limbo is not spamming like a tardis machine, you'll have 0 problems. The majority of Embers don't know how to play the game, that's not the reason why I want a rework for her, just because her kit is bad. Limbo's actual kit is totally nice.

The real thing we need imo, is a sort of squad scalling. I don't mind Ember doing nothing but walking ALONE in her mission, but when I have one in my mission I would like her "balanced" for medium levels, and actually more than "ok" in HL missions. (Could be the same with Limbo, some parts of his gameplay are not really needed on squadmates if ever it's still driving people crazy)

Edited by Xgomme

Limbos kit made to keep away mobs and he have useful abilities. The problem only with his abilities is the fact he needs to control an area directly to be useful and other frames need less space to do the same. Te pick up thing was a problem, solved but he cannot be changed in any way to be more useful than this simply just peoples get butthurt, because he is an area control frame and his abilities designed for this. He can save mates with his first and kill on low level mobs. His stasis can stop enemies in change the bullets not abled to use. This is a built in drawback for reason otherwise he would be too op. His third ability in my opinion is the weakest but yet useful. The last ability is good because he can replenish energy with kills and passively. Also his passive meant to be energy regen and avoid fight and he does it fine.

Public matches are random so everybody coming with what he feels he wish to use. Directly made groups better for Limbo because he can be useful for the team which ask for him. I personally haven't any problems with Limbos and not often happens that scenario if a wild Limbo follow you and banish you. Simply that can be reported so those players not really want a ban for it so not a common thing. Accidentaly they can banish you but at least you are immune to any damage.

I see only 2-3 point where he can be tweaked if his first could be toggle ability to change to single or multiple targets and also the ability could scale with enemy levels. His stasis can be enable for friendly targets to use their guns if they are banished. His cataclysm seems fine now but maybe it can be change in a different coloring way to be less problematic in visually. Otherwise I feel it is fine now.