Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP and Clan Territory Ideas

XtremePyroSonic

Simple, the only issue with pvp here would the speacial abilty right ? Then modify this skill for PvP only.And if u dont like pvp, dont play ^^

I would love to see a horde mode(like in GoW2-3) with ranking or a duel like Borderland(just for fun).

I feel like I am a DJ, back in 1985, scratching my vinyl like Grandmaster Flash isn't able to touch it.

Think about it for a second. What is Warframe? It is a 3rd person game, where you look over the shoulder of a character. You can peek around corners without being seen. You have weapons that have stun chances of up to 33%. You can put someone in a stunlock with melee attacks. You have auto-movements that lock you in motions that are 100% predictable. You have frames of different sizes.

That alone spells problems with hotboxes, frustrating gameplay, unfair advantages, unbalanced sessions. That is without abilities.

The next thing, with abilities, would be an endless development cycle of ability balance, map balance, game mode balance. As a result, DE would lose out on manpower to develop the PvE game. They either have slow development on PvE and PvP, or they drop PvE and commit to PvP. If they don't commit to PvP, it will cause a metric shitstorm in the forums. If you have been around for a bit and played different games, you know what I am talking about.

But Warframe is, by no means or measure, a basis for PvP.

Look at Diablo. Torchlight. That is the kind of game Warframe is. A cooperative, instanced dungeon crawler. You and your buddies against mobs. Why ruin a beautiful thing with no-scope 720 rocketjump 12 year olds?

I have quite a few clanmates interested in Warframe but zero pvp kills it for them. I don't care either way, I would however like to know if the devs are planning on doing pvp or not so I know what to look forward to.

please do your research , like in hell the game would have PvP the DE team have even said they are not putting PvP in this game , its earlie CBT and yous are all ready wanting PvP in the game where more than enough bugs are getting found every day along with serious problems etc etc

please if they put PvP in this game i would quit faster than you could say PvP , this game is special on its own a PvE mixture with Co-op there is nothing more like it , if you want to go play PvP then go play another game but the fact stands they wont put it in , but off course there are still going to be newbies moaning and complaining why PvP is not in it and how it should be put it

please do your research , like in hell the game would have PvP the DE team have even said they are not putting PvP in this game , its earlie CBT and yous are all ready wanting PvP in the game where more than enough bugs are getting found every day along with serious problems etc etc

please if they put PvP in this game i would quit faster than you could say PvP , this game is special on its own a PvE mixture with Co-op there is nothing more like it , if you want to go play PvP then go play another game but the fact stands they wont put it in , but off course there are still going to be newbies moaning and complaining why PvP is not in it and how it should be put it

Amen brother............... every day I find some more dumb post of newbies complaining about so many nonesenses

to the people who think pvp would actually kill the game...wth man.

really theres plenty of ways it could be done right, makes sense if the devs arent worried about putting pvp in but you cant say there isn't a way to make Tenno pvp fun as hell. Games like vindictus, even tho the pvp is not what i expected and thats why i dontplay the game now, it still has a duel system that keeps you from using your abilities and the "capture the flag" pvp would work too if people actually played it. Just say they take away the pve abilites besides the first 2 maybe, and have people rely on their weapon mods more.

i just dont see the point in being able to soup up our warframes and weapons so much when getting it all halfway is enough to blow thru most of the missions.

Locking it down...lots of opinions on both sides of the fence regarding PvP v. PvE. Warframe is curently concentrating on PvE but PvP is not off the table, just not in the near future. Thanks for the discussions everyone, glad to see the Warframe forums getting lively!