Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PVP and Clan Territory Ideas

XtremePyroSonic

I was just wondering I have played this game and it's simply amazing and I was wondering if a PvP will be available and if there is gonna be like a clan territory thing maybe doing several mission to rack up points and if you surpass the points of your enemies then that territory is yours. It's just an idea it doesn't have to be like that.

Like the solar system, Global Agenda had a similar system.

You would have a solar system to fight over. Probably 3-4 times bigger, teams/alliances would have teams of 5 secure area's and defend. There would be a resource counter in which you used those resources to research or build different items to help win games.

In Warframe, they could use a similar system with the Solar systems. Have 3 (1 US, 1Oceanic, 1 EU) and allow players to compete to "own" the whole system. If they end up owning the all system, they would get a prize and that "season" would end.

To make it so people could MAINTAIN area's, much like the Alert system, allow teams to put up two Ships (much like regular PvE missions) customized by the players who own the area (consuming resources) that other teams must beat/kill in order to assault the node (5v5 match)

Say each node gives 10 resources every 30 minutes. It costs 50 resources to build 1 ship (2 ship max per node)

Certain nodes (far end where ppl woud ussually start at) give 15 instead of 10.

Clan and Alliance Limits - Clans 20 members, Alliance 60 members.

Amount of nodes per map ( 4 teams avg x 20 nodes per team) = 60 nodes per map. This isn't too small nor too big as if someone wants to really take over a whole system, they really need to organize a strong alliance.

Also another thing is resource bidding. If two-four teams want to attack the same node, they must now bid for that node with resources. Thus keeping the more organized groups from simply taking over the whole system quickly (they must now spend resources else where to advance their goals)

Edited by Aodan

The story makes it kinda hard to make those systems work. What i can imagine is that the Tanno could use some good sparring with fellow Tanno. And they have arena like bases wich are dedicated to this friendly brutal competition.

This would increase the life of the game greatly, but also would make the crybabies go made about pay2win. As you can buy warframes and weapons for cash.

I have quite a few clanmates interested in Warframe but zero pvp kills it for them. I don't care either way, I would however like to know if the devs are planning on doing pvp or not so I know what to look forward to.

This game is completely unbalanced for PvP. It would be the least fun thing ever.

"Hi, I'm Mag. Did you know that now you can't use any of your guns? And any teammates near you can't either? And if anyone fires shots in your general direction they turn 180 degrees and shoot you in the butt?"

"Hi. I'm Loki. Notice that I am jumping into a bottomless pit of lava. *Switch teleport* Now you're falling into a bottomless pit of lava."

"Hi. I'm Ash. And you, as well as all of your teammates, are already dead because I used my ultimate."

"Hi. I'm Excalibur. And you, as well as all of your teammates, are already dead because I used my ultimate."

"Hi. I'm Rhino. Do you enjoy being on your &#! and incapable of doing anything? Because I enjoy making that happen to you."

These abilities are extremely fun to have and work really well in PvE, because the computer cannot complain on forums about how unfair it is to be instantly killed (if it can you may have a bigger problem than your game balance being broken). Players can. I guarantee you, if Warframe had PvP they'd either have to nerf half the abilities into the ground or it would literally kill the game.

Edited by MJ12

I have quite a few clanmates interested in Warframe but zero pvp kills it for them.

Your friends are interested in another shooter, not in a cooperative dungeon crawler, then.

This game is completely unbalanced for PvP. It would be the least fun thing ever.

FULL ACK.

Warframe is based around one to four extremely powerful warriors taking on hundreds of enemies with ease, lots of bullets and shiny swords, bashing them into bits and shredding their pixel existences. There is hardly any room for PvP - it would kill PvE to balance it, unless PvP would be completely seperate. Which then begs the question: Why include it? Warframe is a fun and elegant monster basher, not so much "another shooter". It is different, a type of game that hasn't been made in a while. If your buddies don't think playing Diablo Hellfire is fun, even today, getting together in a LAN party with an IPX network emulator, they probably won't enjoy Warframe in the long run.

If losing people that like PvP means hat PvE stays beautiful and gets better, I won't cry for those lost. Asking for PvP in Warframe is asking for a different game.

the team working on that game could probably add something like that....i really like the pvp idea ...about the story that makes it hard tho...i think that at some point the game developers could add something like.."the corrupted tanno" if we have lost our memories (if im right) then we might have also lost our purpose...and that makes us bad...well as first idea it sucks really bad...but its only an idea right ^^!? also the clan idea and territories in the solar system....SOUNDS AWESOME AS HELL ..but that can also be an idea for the pvp mode...a clan-only pvp would still be awesome as hell..plus i dont think that it really messes with the story behind this game...so i think it may be pretty easy to something like that...well easy in terms of the idea...but the developing of such thing...probably another story

Your friends are interested in another shooter, not in a cooperative dungeon crawler, then.

FULL ACK.

Warframe is based around one to four extremely powerful warriors taking on hundreds of enemies with ease, lots of bullets and shiny swords, bashing them into bits and shredding their pixel existences. There is hardly any room for PvP - it would kill PvE to balance it, unless PvP would be completely seperate. Which then begs the question: Why include it? Warframe is a fun and elegant monster basher, not so much "another shooter". It is different, a type of game that hasn't been made in a while. If your buddies don't think playing Diablo Hellfire is fun, even today, getting together in a LAN party with an IPX network emulator, they probably won't enjoy Warframe in the long run.

If losing people that like PvP means hat PvE stays beautiful and gets better, I won't cry for those lost. Asking for PvP in Warframe is asking for a different game.

i dont think that pvp would ruin pve...take as an example the game battleforge..it is free..it has pve and it has pvp...the population in this game is not much and its a "card game" (yu-gi-oh style tho) not many play the pve mode...but there are not enough people in this game and the developing team behind the game is pretty small..that means almost no updates....so asking for a different game...no i dont think so..i think it is possible to do something like that in a game like warframe..it might not be effective but that doesnt mean that it wont be fun...(whatever that means xD) not to mention that warframe is a really really unique game...imagine how much more population it would get if it supported and pleased both the pve lovers and the pvp ones...there are not many free to play pve shooters out there right?

i dont think that pvp would ruin pve...take as an example the game battleforge..it is free..it has pve and it has pvp...the population in this game is not much and its a "card game" (yu-gi-oh style tho) not many play the pve mode...but there are not enough people in this game and the developing team behind the game is pretty small..that means almost no updates....so asking for a different game...no i dont think so..i think it is possible to do something like that in a game like warframe..it might not be effective but that doesnt mean that it wont be fun...(whatever that means xD) not to mention that warframe is a really really unique game...imagine how much more population it would get if it supported and pleased both the pve lovers and the pvp ones...there are not many free to play pve shooters out there right?

So... Are you guys just completely ignoring that the abilities in this game, many of which are ridiculously overpowered, would have to be nerfed into the ground for PvP? Because you can't balance Magnetize or Radial Disarm or Radial Javelin or Bladestorm for PVP. Or hell, even Switch Teleport would be hilarious and terrible.

And I'm not even getting into weapons balance or energy balance, just abilities.

The answer to "imagine how much more population it would get" if it supported pvp is "negative one hundred percent because it would kill the game".

This game is crying for a PVP or Competitive PVE.

It's crying for no PvP, if anything, because it has little to no stage PvP can be based on right meow. Thinking shooter = PvP is a fallacy. This is a Dungeon Crawler game, not a vs. humans shooter. You can tell because there is no lobby with bots to fight that have equal abilities, but a boatload of weaker enemies that try to kill you with numbers and zerg tactics.

I would rather see a pvp type mission that allows 2 parties to see who can complete the mission first or the fastest.

This does make some sense, but is more of a leaderboard thing than PvP. It is competitive, but not vs. humans as enemies.

also the clan idea and territories in the solar system....SOUNDS AWESOME AS HELL ..but that can also be an idea for the pvp mode...a clan-only pvp would still be awesome as hell..plus i dont think that it really messes with the story behind this game...so i think it may be pretty easy to something like that...well easy in terms of the idea...but the developing of such thing...probably another story

Investing development resources to accomodate a way over-accomodated portion of gamers, despite PvP being the complete opposite of what Warframe is right now, is a massive undertaking. This could easily kill the game. As in, end it's existence, causing the project to fail.

i dont think that pvp would ruin pve...

...imagine how much more population it would get if it supported and pleased both the pve lovers and the pvp ones...there are not many free to play pve shooters out there right?

Again, don't equate Warframe to your generic shooter. It is not. It is a 3rd person dungeon crawler, where a party fights hordes of monsters. PvP would scream for balancing so hard, it would either nerf the frames into the ground, or you would have to seperate the two game modes so far, it might aswell be a second game. The first option ruins the game, the second option shows how unbefitting PvP would be.

I am really not trying to be a $&*^ here, but aren't there enough PvP games?

PvP would obviously kill this game. Just look at it. Most abilities would have to be eliminated and replaced with nerfed, unoriginal ones. This is a Coop MMO, stop trying to change it. If you want PvP, go play Planetside 2, if you enjoy no teamwork at all, just zerging around.

This is a chance for something VERY original and different than everything else. And from what I've heard, a LOT of things are gonna change, like having your own ship ;)

Asking for PvP in Warframe is asking for a different game.

Pretty much. The game is not designed with PvP in mind, and coming from Firefall's community I can tell you how much the desire to have both a PvE open world and an "e-sports" (screw buzzwords) PvP system has lead to a divide in the community. Said divide in the community lead to a direct separation of PvE and PvP in the game, which could very well lead to the development of two games within one that don't resemble each other at all, or at least, have vastly different gameplay. It also leads to snowball fights between the now divided community. And sometimes they put rocks in their snowballs.

Point being, this game is not being made with PvP in mind. It's in the same vein as Borderlands, with all its drop-in coop glory and an awesome combat system.

If there were to be any type of "PvP" in this game, I'd only see it go so far as time trials or "shooting gallery" missions, where multiple players tried to have the most kills on a map (although with post-mission stats, you can technically do that already).

If you really want to fight other space ninjas, I'm sure DE has some nasty surprises planned for you.

I do think there might be a simple duel mode that works with the vibe of the game (I even thought Borderlands 2 was fun with this as a way of mixing it up for a few minutes) and there could be creative ways of keeping the supreme power and uniqueness of the abilities alive within it. A very short battle that hinges on very limited energy supply might be an interesting way to approach this.

Things change but right now our goals are: Making the best PvE ever with new locations, crazy enemies, and brutal weapons. Fostering a positive & cooperative community of players. Making one sick, awesome game, rather than two mediocre ones.

I think that rather than "it can't be done" it would just take some planning to do it properly. I agree it would require a bit of thinking to not block every op move that makes this game satisfying, on the other hand having counter abilities, specific defensive mods and balanced damage count could do the trick making the game more tactic without changing it into a whole different game. I wouldn't blame the devs if that would be considered too much work though, it's just an idea after all.

About the difference between paying players and not paying ones, well it's already there and many people asked to find a solution already. Should the latter be solved I don't think the other one should be discarded that easily.

As for DESteve's answer, well it's nice to hear that, I'm looking forward for more variety in this game. The art is amazing, I'm looking forward for that.

I usually don't post anything, but i will give my opinion.

For me, a simple solution could be...

A diferent skill tree on PVP. Or directly no skills available for PVP and Instead of that could be boosts or weapons spread on the map. Like the online of Uncharted (PS3), just an example.

But i agree, this game is already great, but can come legendary if the developers include PVP on it.

But i agree, this game is already great, but can come legendary if the developers include PVP on it.

This is the problem I see. How would PvP make it legendary? Diablo 1, Hellfire and 2 didn't have PvP, and although Blizzard dropped the ball hard on 3, those former two are legends. I would still play Diablo 1 Hellfire with friends if I could get a group together. That game was amazing. I spent countless hours playing that. And it didn't have a sliver of PvP.

To put things in perspective, I have been playing Counterstrike from Beta 3.5 to 1.6, in clans and on pub servers, been playing a combined total of over 1500 hours in the Battlefield series, wrote guides on BF:BC2, ran training and drills for a European Section 8 squad, 15 guys in total, inside a large clan for quite some time, played Warrock until it became Pay2Win excessively and many other PvP games, with abandon. I'm not a PvE carebear who is afriad of downing opponents. In my brief WoW time, I spent most of my time in the battlegrounds.

Warframe isn't the game for PvP. It's almost an hommage to the coop PvE games of old. Just like Torchlight is.

This is the problem I see. How would PvP make it legendary? Diablo 1, Hellfire and 2 didn't have PvP, and although Blizzard dropped the ball hard on 3, those former two are legends. I would still play Diablo 1 Hellfire with friends if I could get a group together. That game was amazing. I spent countless hours playing that. And it didn't have a sliver of PvP.

I agree with this those are legendary games indeed, but in a time where the mmo genre it was nothing, but now a days can't just expect to survive with just PVE, took the example of Diablo, D1 is the only version without PVP on it. Im not saying that the game will die if PVP is not included, is awesome and maybe is just fine with PVE, but the large amount of players that play mmo, and of course the largest amount of donators always look first on PVP. Every mmo is PVP or PVE/PVP based, in fact PVE is just a way to improve for the PVP in most of the cases.

What im telling is that people who play online games is looking foward to play with friends against other people not against mobs.

But again the game is great and it has a really good pve on it, but the pvp factor needs to be taken into account, cause is the most important part of mmo games, and lots of companies lost players or they even have been forced to close their games cause of the pvp (lame pvp or poor content).

I know this game is not like the others around, but i strongly believe that should have some PVP content, not asap of course, but it should be taken into consideration for future upgrades.

I agree with this those are legendary games indeed, but in a time where the mmo genre it was nothing, but now a days can't just expect to survive with just PVE, took the example of Diablo, D1 is the only version without PVP on it. Im not saying that the game will die if PVP is not included, is awesome and maybe is just fine with PVE, but the large amount of players that play mmo, and of course the largest amount of donators always look first on PVP. Every mmo is PVP or PVE/PVP based, in fact PVE is just a way to improve for the PVP in most of the cases.

What im telling is that people who play online games is looking foward to play with friends against other people not against mobs.

But again the game is great and it has a really good pve on it, but the pvp factor needs to be taken into account, cause is the most important part of mmo games, and lots of companies lost players or they even have been forced to close their games cause of the pvp (lame pvp or poor content).

I know this game is not like the others around, but i strongly believe that should have some PVP content, not asap of course, but it should be taken into consideration for future upgrades.

Look you can blather on with blatant falsehoods all you want but Diablo II/III had terrible PvP and sold well. Borderlands has terrible PvP and sells well. The vast majority of MMO players play on PvE servers. PvP is popular... Because until recently there weren't many co-op multiplayer game modes. But the success of Horde Mode and ME3 MP show that it really isn't important at all.

This game is not balanced for PvP. There is literally no starting point for any sort of balance. It's not just Pro, it's also how Warframes often have enemy manipulating abilities like stuns, knockdowns, and disarms that are hilariously frustrating for anything resembling normal PvP. These are bread and butter abilities.

Any PvP version of Warframe would literally be a new game that had some shared assets. That's the kind of time and effort you're looking at for non-tacked on PvP.