Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross platform?

twackedout

Question

4 answers to this question

If cross platforming ever does happen it will likely be exclusively between PS4 and Xbox. this being because DE can consisistantly keep those two platforms synced in builds making cross platform possible. however cross platform will likely never happen on PC because PC is like a guinea pig for development, where bugs and other issues get fixed before being passed to console (that and it cost's DE time+money to submit their builds to Cert for console while PC is instant and free)

However DE hasn't said anything about cross platform as far as i'm aware. if it does happen we will need to hear from them first.

14 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

If cross platforming ever does happen it will likely be exclusively between PS4 and Xbox. this being because DE can consisistantly keep those two platforms synced in builds making cross platform possible. however cross platform will likely never happen on PC because PC is like a guinea pig for development, where bugs and other issues get fixed before being passed to console (that and it cost's DE time+money to submit their builds to Cert for console while PC is instant and free)

I have limited knowledge of these things, but I'd think PC and Xbox is more likely, as the Xbox One's OS isn't all that different from Windows 10, which would (theoretically) make that easier.  Your argument does seem pretty likely though.

11 minutes ago, lightdragon64 said:

However DE hasn't said anything about cross platform as far as i'm aware. if it does happen we will need to hear from them first.

Actually, back when Warframe first released on PS4, DE said there would be cross platform between it and PC but, as you said above, Sony requires every update to be certified by them before to gets released on PS4 and DE didn't want to make PC players wait for PS4 updates to be certified, then Warframe released of Xbox One, which just exacerbated the problem, so it never happened.