Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon's Shadow Step doesn't always work

Hecro

As soon as the Naramon focus is activated, it's supposed to pull of Shadow Step every time you hit critical strikes with a melee weapon, right?

Well, it might not.

WmRJgmM.jpg

(The next image I enclose is the proof that this focus is occasionally working).

KRkaGoV.jpg

It honestly is underwhelming to depend on how the server wakes up the day in playing in in order to pull off this passive.

I tested it just now using maiming strike. Shadow step appears to activate 100% of the time.

Yellow slash/bleed effects do not count for it - this appears to be what your first image is showing. But, it is hard to tell on still images, so I could be wrong about that.

2 minutes ago, Hecro said:

The point is that the strike, if it's on yellow, it must turn you invisible, no matter the status.

I disagree.

Shadow step explicitly states "critical damage with a melee weapon". If the critical strike is not from direct melee damage, there is abosulety no reason for shadow step to trigger.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I disagree.

Shadow step explicitly states "critical damage with a melee weapon". If the critical strike is not from direct melee damage, there is abosulety no reason for shadow step to trigger.

I thought we were speaking about melee hits all this time?

Just now, Hecro said:

I thought we were speaking about melee hits all this time?

If a yellow bleed proc triggered Shadow step, then it would be indiscriminate between sources. Shadow step is exclusively melee critical damage. As in, critical damage when you hit the enemy with your melee.

Just now, krc473 said:

If a yellow bleed proc triggered Shadow step, then it would be indiscriminate between sources. Shadow step is exclusively melee critical damage. As in, critical damage when you hit the enemy with your melee.

Ow, I always thought that if it's yellow it's a critical hit.

There are two different types of yellow numbers with melee weapons, the crits and the stealth hits. Stealth damage doesn't activate shadow step by itself unless the stealth hit is also a crit, and it is really difficult to tell whether a stealth hit is crit or not since it will be yellow regardless. 

You'll know it's stealth damage when the damage number is yellow and pretty high, like in your first pic. Stealth damage has 8x multiplier.

2 hours ago, (PS4)leduanjohan said:

You'll know it's stealth damage when the damage number is yellow and pretty high, like in your first pic. Stealth damage has 8x multiplier.

However, the stealth multiplier passive didn't come up

Edited by Hecro