Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist version of Panthera (Mutalist Panthera)

AllFiery

As the title says. I really like how the Panthera is really fun to use, though I see some people say that it sucks and barely even use it, so I came up with an idea that can be fun. :) 

Spoiler

Mutalist Panthera

Critical chance = 35.0%

Ceitical multiplier = 3.5%

Status chance = 40%

Fire rate = 8 rounds per second.

Flight speed = 40 m/s

Impact = 0

Puncture = 0

Slash = 50.0

Viral = 150.0

Feature changes:

Trigger type = Instead of Semi-auto it will turn into Auto.

Sawblade mode removed.

Once the projectile hits a target, it will sense the nearest enemy and charge at its location. If there is no enemy around, it will disperse leaving a 3 sec gas of virus (since it's alive and all)

Stat notes:

- Yes, the Slash damage is reduced, because I thought maybe the infestation reduced its sharpness.

- No Puncture and Impact because I think Viral + Slash is powerful enough.

- Removed and Sawblade mode in sacrifice of it becoming auto, senses next targets and AoE viral.

- Removed Impact and Puncture and reduced Slash for increased Status chance, Critical chance and Critical multiplier.

- 3 secs AoE viral because I think its good enough to avoid too much OP-ness.

- Viral damage stat is from the secondary attack so that the Sawblade mode is worth losing.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. I think if a lot of people like it, it may come true... that, or maybe when DE feels like adding it :/ who knows. I'm just sharing my ideas because I think it's fun. :3

(Note that I am not that good at designing stats, so I might need help.)

Edited by Trapzz07

This seems to be pretty powerful, so powerful that in case you added Corrosive it would instakill pretty much anything with its secondary fire mode considering how much status chance it would have. (iirc. it's possible to have this combination without Toxin being added to the Viral damage stat)

I like the idea but maybe its base Viral damage will need to be adjusted if it would have that good status and crit stats or it would need to have a downside like DE added a small ammo pool and innate ammo mutation for Lenz so it forces players to be on the move.

What would the secondary fire mode be in the Mutalist version?

24 minutes ago, kgabor said:

This seems to be pretty powerful, so powerful that in case you added Corrosive it would instakill pretty much anything with its secondary fire mode considering how much status chance it would have. (iirc. it's possible to have this combination without Toxin being added to the Viral damage stat)

I like the idea but maybe its base Viral damage will need to be adjusted if it would have that good status and crit stats or it would need to have a downside like DE added a small ammo pool and innate ammo mutation for Lenz so it forces players to be on the move.

What would the secondary fire mode be in the Mutalist version?

Oh, when I say "Sawblade mode removes" I meant the secondary fire is removed. So no secondary fire :I

and yea, the viral is powerful... maybe half is good enough?

Edited by Trapzz07

It would eat ammo pretty quick with its fire rate so it could be considered a downside for one with Panthera-s average ammo pool, maybe even just adding a damage falloff (since it's a Viral damage weapon) would balance it out, i guess it would also be a projectile weapon like the normal Panthera, not hitscan, it also couldn't use the augment mod tied to Panthera because it works with its secondary fire.

Considering these downsides imo. 150 Viral damage wouldn't be overpowered even without damage falloff (Phage has more than double that amount with less than half of that status, no crits and a wind up mechanic), so that it could be an alternative for Phage at mid range and a really nice crit-status hybrid weapon.

6 hours ago, kgabor said:

Considering these downsides imo. 150 Viral damage wouldn't be overpowered even without damage falloff (Phage has more than double that amount with less than half of that status, no crits and a wind up mechanic), so that it could be an alternative for Phage at mid range and a really nice crit-status hybrid weapon.

Alright, I've changed the Viral damage into 150 so it would be more fair and all.

Pantera is just ultra powerfull, people saying it sucks are just wrong :clem:

But +1, it's my favorite weapon and mutalist variants are often pretty intersting. But maybe with a real new gimmick

Also your rework is from before Pantera rework ? Cause it's already an auto weapon

I would love infested Pantera as a sort of infested chainsaw, primary fire will burst projectiles and alt fire would be a chainsaw short ranged attack, dealing extra damages on mobs with primary fire projectiles on them for example