Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SERIOUSLY GRENADES? SERIOUSLY?

Cyler

Yes, capslock.

I just ragequitted after 5 minutes of gameplay and I doubt I'll start that game again for the next 5 days until these ****ing grenades are nerfed.

Farming the earth boss, 3 people, doing everything right, knocking him down etc.

10% life lost. Throws grenade. Dead. Revive. 10% life lost. Throws grenade. Dead. Revive. 10% life lost. Throws grenade, this time I'm smart and run away. Dead. 0 revives left. **** you.

Ragequit. Everybody's complaining about them, seriously devs, do something.

My answers for upcoming questions:

Yeah, you could play in a group, I had that, too. The chance of surviving is higher then, but when 3 teammates are dying the 4th can't revive everybody.

I know, 3 teammates wouldn't die if they wouldn't stand together, if you ever played the earth boss you'd know that's impossible.

Edited by Cyler

He throw grenade if you are doing melee atk in him and it will be fatal ( I remember surviving one or two times). If you are shooting from a distance you can see the grenade and avoid it. I don't see any problem in it.

Edit: I'm sure in every room you can split and shoot him in front and others in the back.

Edited by Probta

Really other than getting hit by an extremely lucky toss the only thing that really hits me with grenades is Jackal. But then he cheats and blasts like 20 of them all at once covering an area. If you're in the middle of it and they're spread enough. Nothing you can do will get you out of the explosion.

I shoot the earth boss to death. Killing him requires steady dps not allowing his shield to regen. Or high frontloaded burst that his shield simply can't handle.

I wonder how nobody here has this issue besides me. Everytime I'm farming the earth boss with teammates, we die at least 2x because of grenades...

I think I'll fraps a gameplay in a week when I start WF the next time^^

Edited by Cyler

Don't even need 500+ shields. They seem quite survivable with even just 100 or 150 shields. Provided they didn't manage to hit you in the head with it. The biggest thing they do in this game tbh is work as reason to stay mobile and not bunker down and try playing the game as a cover shooter. Most cases they aren't prone to actually throwing a grenade unless you sit still too long in cover. Barring that I've had rare occasions of them looking at their feet while running away from me and throwing a grenade straight down and having it explode.

Mind you I can survive grenades easily now, however as I begun playing the game, they were pretty unfair at times.

I've literally never had this be an issue. I think I've died to a grenade once total and it was one of Jackal's.

With enough shield you won't die to them insantly, you may have been lucky though.

Grenades in this game are absolutely silent and undetectable, except if you manage to see an enemy throwing it, you will never know they have been thrown...

I would at least appreciate if there was some sort of glow on these grenades, a grenade indicator, or if enemies had to shout "GRENADE!" or finish a grenade throwing animation before they can deploy the grenade.

Plus, enemies will throw grenades at you even at close ranges, and afaik not damage themselves doing it...

I don't think that's quite fair.

At least have them take damage from their own grenades, or give a minimum range for grenade tosses.

Edited by Sherbniz

I dont think it should be nerfed, i have had issues where i have been downed, but it does make the game more interesting. For instance when i go and run behind cover the grineer throw a grenade which forces me out of cover. I think if there werent any grenades, this game wouldnt be as exciting as you know that a single grieneer has the potential to down you. I know if you dont have more than 300 shields it sucks, as a single grenade can kill you, but i think that it good as it is. In no way would i think it would be right to decrease its damage, if anything make a variation so they can have fire, explosive ad ice(cryo) if anything :) (fire is more effective when used whe shields are down) (cryo freezes you for 3-5 seconds) If anything make it more effective o higher levels.

I doubt random kills make a game more interesting, if you could at least dodge them, THAT would make it interesting. Ever seen the bosses in WoW? That's interesting, not a random instadeathball thrown in your face :/ I got nothing against more tactics, more thinking in the game, but not that :|

PS: I got 300 shield + 187HP = instadeath for me, not sure why I'm the only one...

Edited by Cyler

Jackal is an ace with those Grenades though. Gotta say that. If I wanted to put together a Basketball team best believe I'd want him shooting from half court for me.

Only half the court? Psh. That's Hyena talk.

Also pretty sure Grineernades does around 400-500 consider They usually take all my shield (mid 400 at the time) and damage some of my health and Jackal nades just pulverize your soul though.

Earth boss grenade is a good eample why we need to do something about it. He has a tendency to throw it on his foot and it blows up, unannounced, killing who ever caught in 3-5 meter. Just one armswing and BAM, downed.

Seriously, at least gives us sometime to react to it. The current grenade doesn't even bounce. It touches the floor and blows up within less than a second - No warning, No indicator, No audio que. NOTHING.

I know that with practice player can potentially dodge it but it isn't a friendly mechanic.

Grenades don't have to bounce. The ones they throw stick to whatever surface they contact. I've seen them get caught on the ceiling, another enemy, even on the bullet attractor field Mag can use. There's no real reason for them to beep or make noise when thrown. And they don't need to glow or be flashy. They're just a simple looking sliver cylinder. Though since corpus ship maps are silver/gray mostly seeing one when thrown is difficult.

The only change I would add is the grenades not hurting them if they get a bad toss and have it explode in their face.

Grenades have a nasty habit of surprising you. They appear to do more damage on direct hits, too, so a glancing blow is survivable but a grenade to the face is not.

It doesn't happen too often but after playing for a while you encounter it numerous times. Big examples stick out in my head

-try revive a downed player only to get grenaded and we all die (I'm looking at you, HEK)

-random grenades lobbed over cover exploding instantly on impact, ruining your clean pants

-mobs throwing grenades onto their own dudes when you melee (I guess this fits the whole grineer expendability, except they don't take FF)

-jackal grenades have a humongous AoE and dmg and are nigh on im&!$$ible to run from even if you see them coming

I guess my main beef is that you can't avoid them. It's nice for realism and all that but this is a game.

The grenades predisposition towards roastng your rump with no possible way to avoid it, only survive, isn't that enjoyable.

I'll admit that grineer's grenade don't instant kill but bosses do. I play with 3 other friends and 1 was infront the other 2 were on his left and right side and the last guy was behind and we still got instant killed. 1 Grenade killed all 4 of us. We were keeping our distance but still got killed. We all have 300+ Shield and HP. Still Instant kill.

Anyone who says these grenades are tuned properly isn't paying attention or is playing with nothing but rank 30 mods. I did Jackal with 500 hp and 250+ shields and he was still able to one shot me with his grenades - even when I was standing behind a pillar outside his line of sight. What makes this worse is that grenades seem to have the ability to make you die faster in downed state - when I get knocked out by a grenade I almost always bleed out within 5-10 seconds instead of the much longer time the devs say it's supposed to take. And no, I'm not shooting at him to make him angry at me; I'm playing Trinity.

Okay, I just tank Everest boss grenade and it took all 640 shield I got and 170 health from my Rhino with like 300 armor.

Consider 150 is like 66% damage reduction on health.... I'd say boss grenades is a frickin goddamn Holy Hand Grenade.

HALLELUYAH~