Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Short Invincibility After Revive

Otakuwolf

I think is really needed, especially when there are certain hazards that can rip off all your health and shields in one hit and you can take damage as soon as you respawn.

For example, today i had to spend 3 revives because after being knocked back on the exact line of fire of an orokin laserbeam (the kind that keeps firing to the same direction and never moves) i kept reviving on the same spot, and everytime i respawned i kept dieing and i couldn't move away without getting hit and damaged right after respawning.

I don't mean much but i think that at least 3 seconds of invincibility upon revival would be nice, at least to move away from those lasers or from whatever thing that can insta-kill you and try again.

I think is really needed, especially when there are certain hazards that can rip off all your health and shields in one hit and you can take damage as soon as you respawn.

For example, today i had to spend 3 revives because after being knocked back on the exact line of fire of an orokin laserbeam (the kind that keeps firing to the same direction and never moves) i kept reviving on the same spot, and everytime i respawned i kept dieing and i couldn't move away without getting hit and damaged right after respawning.

I don't mean much but i think that at least 3 seconds of invincibility upon revival would be nice, at least to move away from those lasers or from whatever thing that can insta-kill you and try again.

Vindictus did some like this 10seconds? after a grace was used you couldn't be hurt giving you time to get up and more. It can't be exploited in warframe because of the fact you have a maximum of 4 per mission even if your buying them for each run. I wouldn't mind this i died 2x in row because I messed up a jump and landed in a beam in the void that killed me as soon as I used revival.

If you use a shade sentinel, you can stealth pretty fast after getting up (if the enemy is close that is). it's a great way to "recover" a bit after getting revived.

Shade is useful, but the thing us I know some players that simply don't like or don't want to use Shade. I'm all for chanding and adapting my playstyle to get through missions, but some people want to play a certain way.

This respawn immunity idea would help tremendously for those players.

Shade is useful, but the thing us I know some players that simply don't like or don't want to use Shade. I'm all for chanding and adapting my playstyle to get through missions, but some people want to play a certain way.

This respawn immunity idea would help tremendously for those players.

Yeah I agree. Even 2 seconds after being able to move after a revive would be a great help. Of course those 2 seconds would lock your ability to attack as well while its on going. I was just suggesting the shade sentinel for a temporary solution til we see such a feature, if they plan on making it.

Yeah I agree. Even 2 seconds after being able to move after a revive would be a great help. Of course those 2 seconds would lock your ability to attack as well while its on going. I was just suggesting the shade sentinel for a temporary solution til we see such a feature, if they plan on making it.

I like the idea of not being able to attack. It would make sure you don't take too much advantage of your invincibility.

Would be cool for a sentinel mod. I know there are some talks about one that makes the sentry give their life for you or something as well, AND one that gives the resser a shield if the dying one is in a tricky spot like laser beams.

dieing

*Shivers*

If you use a shade sentinel, you can stealth pretty fast after getting up (if the enemy is close that is). it's a great way to "recover" a bit after getting revived.

Shade doesen't protect you from environmental hazards, nor it protects you from damage

A great help for two seconds ? Have you ever tryed to count two seconds ? Besides when you respawn you don't have much energy anyway so you can't do really use powerful skills anyway.

I really don't understand what's so helpful about 3 seconds of invinc after respawn, have you tryed to count them ? 1...2...3, what can you do in 3 seconds ? Not much except maybe find a safer spot but that's it.

I really don't get why is people so hardcore about something so simple like a "recovery time", this is a thing that always existed in games to give a chance to the players to "recover" from a KO and start playing again, but if the game doesen't even let you get up before killing you right away how are you supposed to fight back or play the game ? How could it be "too much of a help" ? Most of the times you revive you don't even have too much energy anyway so you can't use ults (and even if you could it would change nothing, especially in multiplayer matches), nor you can try to kill every single enemy in three seconds because we all know this game has a thing for infinite respawns so, you can't use skills because you don't have much energy, you can't attack... as i sayd, all you can do in 3 seconds is get up, run and get to a safer spot, and that's it and to proove it just be without energy, count 3 seconds while surrounded and let's see what you can do then.

Oh and besides, if a recovery time is "Too much of a help" then why don't we remove the revives completely at this point ? Those are also too much of a help anyway because you keep playing and you can keep spawning abilities even after dieing...