The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Augments that need to be looked at

DarkRuler2500

By now there is a huge number of augment mods released for Warframe abilities. However a very large amount of them need to be looked at and tweaked to be even worth considered in occupying one of the Warframe mod slots. You're welcome to add your own suggestions or to disagree with me on my opinion regarding some mods.

latest?cb=20160209133209
This mod is crap because it just increases melee multiplier by 100% of the original value. So +100% means 6 seconds before the timer resets.
Body Count just adds +12 seconds flat, Drifting Contact adds +10 seconds flat. Both are seriously more effective!

My idea: For each enemy already marked by Bladestorm, attack speed is increased by 5/10/15/20 and marking costs are reduced by 20/30/40/50 percent.

latest?cb=20160209133523

Not a bad idea but poorly included into the game. I'd suggest that the fusion of the rumblers should NOT decrease the movement speed at all!
Also the taunting range should not be an active skill but be a passive of this Rumbler. Right now he does the taunt actively on each single target.
Please make the taunt an AOE that just forces enemies around him directly to attack him.

latest?cb=20170227092542

Sadly the opening for finishers is very short for enemies entering the Silence area. This drastically reduces the usefulness of this augment mod.
I'd suggest a flat increase in melee damage versus all targets that currently haven't noticed Banshee neither visually nor acustically.

latest?cb=20160329232044

This mod should be included into the main ability skill because it is not worth anythign to be considered at. Also the main 1st skill is weak and should need a buff and this might just be it. As for the augment mod i'd suggest something like this.

SPECTRAL ROAR: For each second active, increase the range by 0,5m, the damage by 50%, the status chance by 10% and the energy over time costs by 0,5/s. Maximum value achieved after 10 seconds.

latest?cb=20160209133928

Pretty much like Spectral Screams Afterburn this skill should be included into the main abilities effect. It is a nice addition but it is hardly worth a slot.
As for a possible replacement I'd suggest:

FIRE FRIGHT: Enemies being affected by a Heat status effect will take 1.5x, 2.0x, 2.5x, 3.0x the original damage from FIRE BLAST.

latest?cb=20160209134630

Cleansing status effects from allies is a nice thing but I suppose this would be a good idea for including it into the main skill. The TIDAL SURGE is a costly rush skill with hardly any other benefits. This could be a very cool addition. As for the mod there might be this for a good idea.

TSUNAMI SURGE: For each meter traveled with TIDAL SURGE the damage of the wave is increased by 10/15/20/25 percent.

latest?cb=20160209135134

Since Polarize no longer only affects shields but armor as well I'd suggest a small addition to this augment.
Mag gains 50% of the depleted shields as overshield but also gains 50% of destroyed armor as bonus armor for 10/12.5/15/20 seconds.

latest?cb=20160209135813

This skill really should be included into the main skill. Null Star is hardly even casted at all because it lacks damage and range but it could prove a nice addition if the blast within melee range is an optional feature. As for the mod a possible change could be.

STAR CLOAK: Whenever a projectile type attack from enemies is closing in onto Nova the stars can intercept the projectile, causing it to explode prematurely. The explosion deals damage to all enemies being hit by that explosion.

latest?cb=20160209140539

This skill should not spawn the orbs upon death of the specific target. The orbs should drop after a certain percentage of damage is dealt to the target. Perhaps even increase the chance to 50/50 of health or energy orb. Also I'd remove the 1cast at a time rule for the base skill WELL OF LIFE.

latest?cb=20160209140657

A fun-mod and it serves no real purpose. So add it into the main skill and replace the augment with something more worth.

ASSAULT LINE: Pulling an enemy towards you will increase the damage of the next execution attack by 20/45/70/100 percent. Pulling yourself on a wall will increase the damage of your next slam attack by 20/45/70/100 percent.

This list is not complete but it has the most pressing augment mods inside from my perspective!
If you feel something is missing or if you disagree (or agree) with some of my opinions, feel free to discusss in this thread. :)

Rising Storm scales with duration mods. It's an alternate way to give you more combo duration without having to use a mod slot for it on your melee weapon.

Savage Silence not only opens enemies up for finishers, but activates stealth damage multiplier against all stunned enemies. This used to work without the augment before, but they stealth nerfed this at the same time they buffed excalibur, giving him finishers on blind without the augment. I wish they'd revert this stealth nerf.

I hope that once the devs get around to improving Augments, that Augments can be more significant in what they do and provide a trade-off in how an ability is modified.

One clear example of what I'm trying to get at, is Nyx's Absorb that changes how the ability works from a stationary ability to one where she can walk.

So the Augments that simply add/buff abilities could in time provide something more for players, to slot one in over going for other mods like Range or Power Strength, and maybe simply add to the base abilities.

One that easily comes to mind is Frost's Snow Globe, an augment idea is have the ability transform into a Snow Mist that would have increased range with a reduced effects on enemies, but still synergyze with Ice Wave and Avalanche. So the Augment would go from being able to cast up to four Snow Globes, it would be a single Snow Mist.

I have more ideas, but this is the direction that would be neat to see for Augments in the future.