Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Insane Spy Vaults

(PSN)CrimsonAxure

I think there should be new spy vaults that are insane. By insane, i mean even the best spy runners can't complete with ease. Vaults that actually require stealth and skill. Where the travel time is nothing, get into the mission, run maybe 100 meters, you're at the spy vault. A giant spy vault where pretty much the entire tileset is protecting a single console. We do have Orokin spy, but after you understand it, it's quite easy. It will pretty much be a raid but it's a spy mission. There is no fast way in. There are enemies everywhere, stealth frame required type spy missions. I thought that would be really cool, because right now, there are some vaults that i can complete within 20 seconds. Even Orokin spy, it was impossible at first, but now that i know what i'm doing, it's easy. The spy shouldn't be a node that has to be completed in order to move forward in the game, it should be an optional node on a planet that you can do if you wish. The mission rewards should be really rewarding, because it won't be like the regular spy, it will be insanely hard. Spy is my favorite mission type, but i think it's too easy as of now (for me). Because the moment i found the shortcuts, it went from taking 15 minutes to complete to taking under 5 minutes to complete. There should be multiple ways through with each of them being really hard, I think there should be vents, but only for resting. I think we need an even harder and longer type of spy mission. The reason why i think it should be optional is because some people struggle with the regular vaults, so it would be really unfair if you had to complete insane mode spy in order to move forward. The rewards should be normal rewards, but it can drop ANY rare mod (With the drop chance of acolyte mods, corrupted mods, drift mods being really low), Axi relics, lots of endo, and mountains of common, ANY resources. This might seem OP, but it would be insanely hard to complete. 1 for Grineer, 1 for Corpus, and 1 for Orokin. 

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

Stealth and skill aren't always hand in hand. And challenging can be different things to different players. Something like this might be useful as an optional thing however, akin to nightmare alerts, but I think some have suggested for more challenging spy, no energy; alarms are triggered for the spy vaults if the main alarms are triggered; or tough opponents spawn in the room. Most focus on removing powers, but some players like the idea of less logical puzzles akin to the Lua spy that make a player either think outside the box or watch a video to understand the less logical flow of them. What do you feel is a more 'challenging' spy?

6 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Stealth and skill aren't always hand in hand. And challenging can be different things to different players. Something like this might be useful as an optional thing however, akin to nightmare alerts, but I think some have suggested for more challenging spy, no energy; alarms are triggered for the spy vaults if the main alarms are triggered; or tough opponents spawn in the room. Most focus on removing powers, but some players like the idea of less logical puzzles akin to the Lua spy that make a player either think outside the box or watch a video to understand the less logical flow of them. What do you feel is a more 'challenging' spy?

Things like Lua spy, but you have to do a lot more just to proceed through a single room

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

24 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

1 for Grineer, 1 for Corpus, and 1 for Orokin

Or how about making it against the Sentients?

If not, then it better be against: Nightwatch Grineer; an equivelent to Nightwatch for Corpus; Warframe Specters (like in the junctions, but with better AI) for Orokin.

8 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Or how about making it against the Sentients?

If not, then it better be against: Nightwatch Grineer; an equivelent to Nightwatch for Corpus; Warframe Specters (like in the junctions, but with better AI) for Orokin.

The idea making it against sentients is a really cool idea, but the mission has to be hard but completable, i think sentients would be kinda overkill unless the sentients in the spy vault is a lot weaker than the sentients you fight normally on exterminate or something. For corpus and grineer, i have no idea what the Nightwatch stuff is, but i'm guessing it's an upgraded version of the enemies like the grineer enemies on the Kuva fortress. Really like the idea.

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

38 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

Things like Lua spy, but you have to do a lot more just to proceed through a single room

But this is not a solution, once you get the hang of it, your newly proposed spy mission will be easy as well, just longer. I think the best solution,  if this were to be implemented, would be a more randomized vault and as someone above suggested, no energy/ability spy missions. 

5 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

But this is not a solution, once you get the hang of it, your newly proposed spy mission will be easy as well, just longer. I think the best solution,  if this were to be implemented, would be a more randomized vault and as someone above suggested, no energy/ability spy missions. 

I was going to write something like that but then i thought how would randomly generated spy vaults work?

1 hour ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

I was going to write something like that but then i thought how would randomly generated spy vaults work?

It could work if each part has a clear, safe beginning and an end to make sure that X thing in the next generated tile doesn't make it impossible to bypass. Patrols that go through multiple tiles wouldn't be that big of an issue since they can be stealthily dealt with by melee or a silent weapon. The rest is just coming up with interesting but doable stuff between said start and end.

The issue is, even than, if you learn each individual section it can become easy. There's no way to make something not easy constantly. People learn and there's just so much even random rooms can do.

All in all, I would love to have a much more stealth oriented mission type. Even the current Spy missions can be blazed through, because you only need to be not detected in those three rooms.