Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Charged Chamber Or Give Us Primed!

Namacyst

There's less diversity when mods stack. It's like the sidearm situation. It's fun as hell to tear everything apart with Despair, but sometimes I miss Twin Vipers, Lex, and Akbolto being the best at different things, now that Despair is better at everything. Chilling Grasp and Incendiary Coat used to be fun. Now they're permanently sidelined.

Just how the hell are they sidelined?! If it's fun to use, then USE it. Why would you let something as gear tier dictate what to use? Don't go limiting other peoples options just because you follow tiers.

yes my mistake i meant the Braton Vandal.

The Primed Chamber WILL appear in the future.

And yes ONLY 100 people get it, for 2 weeks. yes less than .0033%. Why? Because they put in much more effort than everyone else. To be able to have a very successful game u have to cater to a large audience or a variety of different audiences.

And lastly having a PvP competition in a PvE game is not inherently bad. It is all about the implementation.

No, having a warframe for TWO WEEKS available to ONLY 100 people is a bad idea. It's terrible, it's hard to explain how giving it to next to no one is a bad idea, but I'm sure you could figure it out... (aka, anyone with a life is screwed if they want it...)

And yeah, primed WILL appear, AS AN EVENT EXCLUSIVE. If they had told us this at first, people could have TOLD them why it was a bad idea.

dont see how this is a problem. only 100 people have primed chanber. that number is so so so tiny that you may aswell just forget you ever heard of primed chamber, keep your charged chamber, for all intents and puroposes its equal compaired to primed chamber because when will you ever have a situation where your compairing your weapon with a weapon that has primed on it? probably never... so it matters why?

Edited by cocodog13

That's part of the problem... it was only given to 100 people...

As a bonus reward, along side a sparkly new sniper rifle and blueprints for a slightly less sparkly one. That everyone who participated got. Point is that you don't want the shiny silver poo, you want the sparkly gold poo that only the ones who actually did more than the bare minimum wanted because they have it.

Just live with the fact that you'll have to wait for the next event to get the sparkly gold poo, and THEN you'll have to... Le Gasp... Put a lot of time to receive it.

Edit: Am I being a bit of a jerk right now? Yes, because the guys who keep saying they want a reward they didn't put the time in are being colossal crybabies.

Edited by SLI-fox

Just how the hell are they sidelined?! If it's fun to use, then USE it. Why would you let something as gear tier dictate what to use? Don't go limiting other peoples options just because you follow tiers.

Why do you want one obvious "best" build, instead of a hard choice between many good but different-playing builds?

Edited by JollierThanThou

Why do you want one obvious "best" build, instead of a hard choice between many good but different-playing builds?

Because there is no one "best" build. Sure, theirs min-maxed builds in just about every game, but does that mean everyone has to be min-maxed? Hell no!

Bit of background. If you played Dark Souls during the pre-artorias DLC, you'd know of the Giant Mom builds. Those builds were boring as all get out, and as soon as people got bored they either left the game or went on to make some of the most inventive builds.

Because there is no one "best" build. Sure, theirs min-maxed builds in just about every game, but does that mean everyone has to be min-maxed? Hell no!

Bit of background. If you played Dark Souls during the pre-artorias DLC, you'd know of the Giant Mom builds. Those builds were boring as all get out, and as soon as people got bored they either left the game or went on to make some of the most inventive builds.

Sure there is:

Accelerated Blast
Blaze
Flechette
Hell's Chamber
Point Blank
Shotgun Spazz
Tactical Pump
On-Faction Elemental Mod

As far as the Dark Souls example goes, I think it's important to have variety at the top end of the power curve, too, not just the middle. If there's one clear outlier, players get bored.
Edited by JollierThanThou

That's great. Really it is, you got yourself an extremely fast firing, hard hitting shotgun there. This ain't gunz, and there ain't no K-style, and there are far more options than just THAT shotgun, and many different playstyles.

As a bonus reward, along side a sparkly new sniper rifle and blueprints for a slightly less sparkly one. That everyone who participated got. Point is that you don't want the shiny silver poo, you want the sparkly gold poo that only the ones who actually did more than the bare minimum wanted because they have it.

Just live with the fact that you'll have to wait for the next event to get the sparkly gold poo, and THEN you'll have to... Le Gasp... Put a lot of time to receive it.

Edit: Am I being a bit of a jerk right now? Yes, because the guys who keep saying they want a reward they didn't put the time in are being colossal crybabies.

A bonus which they did not say would be exclusive AND the way to obtain it was done VERY poorly (OR the reward was. having a top 100 is fine, but the reward should be cosmetic, not a more powerful mod)

"you want the sparkly gold poo that only the ones who actually did more than the bare minimum wanted because they have it."

LOL you act like they killed 21 instead of 20 balloons. Most of the top 100 didn't sleep, or abused a bug to get there.

Most of the top 100 didn't sleep, or abused a bug to get there.

But some did abuse bugs and exploited respawn mechanics to get there and as is said before.. as long as only one of them did that, the Primed Chamber mod should not be exclusive to those 100.

It's sad that only one is ruining it for the rest of the 100 but in my opinion you can't speak of "deserved" or "earned" in this case. Maybe the next Event will be better, exploit and buguse free and the mod (or some other mod) will return as a reward.. but for this event it's just unfair, badly organised and it's not acceptable to give so much more power (compared to the Charged Chamber mod) to people who did not play fair and then keep it exclusive in any way.

That's my view on the Primed Chamber but i would like it more to just forget it and buff the Charged Chamber to 80% as i said. That way those 100 keep their goodie and the rest of the playerbase does not feel betrayed and handled unfairly in that matter. And the best is... both sides, the "PRO Event.. those 100 deserve it.. you are just greedy and act pseudo-entitled" people and the "100 not enough...Event unfair..Charged chamber too weak" people like me... can finally shut the F*** up.

I agree with this. It's extremely unfair to the avarage player that they can't obtain such a mod.

This mentality is what ruins mmos.  Everyone doesnt have to have everything.  Hard work should be rewarded.  I didn't get it.  I'm glad it is that way.  Welfare in mmos makes my blood boil.  Work hard and get rewarded or dont. End of story.

Edited by Alohoe

-snip-

I agree (I was saying some didn't sleep, or they did abuse bugs)

This mentality is what ruins mmos.  Everyone doesnt have to have everything.  Hard work should be rewarded.  I didn't get it.  I'm glad it is that way.  Welfare in mmos makes my blood boil.  Work hard and get rewarded or dont. End of story.

Like abusing bugs? Boy is that hard compared to doing it fairly...

As for "hard work" Would killing 100 balloons be considered hard? would 250? Why should people who killed that many get nothing? Or did only the top 100 work hard?

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

No, having a warframe for TWO WEEKS available to ONLY 100 people is a bad idea. It's terrible, it's hard to explain how giving it to next to no one is a bad idea, but I'm sure you could figure it out... (aka, anyone with a life is screwed if they want it...)

And yeah, primed WILL appear, AS AN EVENT EXCLUSIVE. If they had told us this at first, people could have TOLD them why it was a bad idea.

So u are basically saying that everyone should get the same rewards, while it doesn't matter how much effort they put into it? U are probably one of the persons who did the 20 kills and doesn't seem to realize that if it wasn't for the people who killed a lot of informers nobody would have gotten anything out of the event.

"If they had told us this at first, people could have TOLD them why it was a bad idea." How can u claim that the majority of people agree with that opinion without any evidence?

On a side note. Words like "terrible, stupid and bad" are not an argument and therefore have no place in an argumentation.

So u are basically saying that everyone should get the same rewards, while it doesn't matter how much effort they put into it? U are probably one of the persons who did the 20 kills and doesn't seem to realize that if it wasn't for the people who killed a lot of informers nobody would have gotten anything out of the event.

"If they had told us this at first, people could have TOLD them why it was a bad idea." How can u claim that the majority of people agree with that opinion without any evidence?

On a side note. Words like "terrible, stupid and bad" are not an argument and therefore have no place in an argumentation.

Most arguments are based on ones own feelings towards something and those words describe it well within an argumentation. If we had won without the Top 100? .. i believe yes.. as much as i believe that we never would have lost. Noone knows if DE isn't turning the wheels in the background so their special content will be handed out.

For the Event basically being in the Top 100 meant something like "who can stay awake longer" or "who has a friend that can play the account while you sleep". If you then have a well equipped AE Warframe like Ember you just had to run through a map keeping your 4th skill running. It was not hard.. it was not challenging.. "do it the longest and you win". That's all it was. You may call that effort, yes.. but "working hard for it" is just the wrong way of describing how one could get into the Top 100 and to say they "earned" a Primed Chamber for that... well.. everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Edited by Namacyst

@Kvothe

The Primed Chamber mod and Snipetron Vandal were rewarded for doing "x". Neither are a "door prize" (something you get for just showing up to a convention/game event etc as you walk in the door). The door prize in the Grineer Drone event would be the normal Snipetron BP because all you had to do was participate in the event (at least one kill). 

To get the Vandal version or the Primed Chamber mod you had too meet "x" requirements, at least 20 kills or top 100 kills respectively. They are not something thats given to everyone who "walked in the door". Its really as simple as that.

Are you honestly trying to say only rewarding .0033% is better than rewarding anyone who can achieve X kills?

Neither is assuming a person only did X amount of whatever.

No, I wasn't one who did 20, and no, not everyone should get the same rewards, there should be a tier system, whoever kills X amount gets X reward. i.e. tiers for 20, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, etc. (also, good try with the strawman there...)

@Kvothe

The Primed Chamber mod and Snipetron Vandal were rewarded for doing "x". Neither are a "door prize" (something you get for just showing up to a convention/game event etc as you walk in the door). The door prize in the Grineer Drone event would be the normal Snipetron BP because all you had to do was participate in the event (at least one kill). 

To get the Vandal version or the Primed Chamber mod you had too meet "x" requirements, at least 20 kills or top 100 kills respectively. They are not something thats given to everyone who "walked in the door". Its really as simple as that.

See above. The snipetron vandal was fine, it was tiered well, the primed WAS NOT tiered well.

That's great. Really it is, you got yourself an extremely fast firing, hard hitting shotgun there. This ain't gunz, and there ain't no K-style, and there are far more options than just THAT shotgun, and many different playstyles.

I'm not asking how many playstyles exist, but whether the new mod makes that number increase or decrease. As long as Accelerated Blast stacks with Flechette, the number of correct shotgun builds goes down. I'm glad Dark Souls and GunZ players were able to work around the lack of balance in those games. But I'd rather play a game where the developers give you an opportunity to make genuine trade-offs with your weapon. If there are seven best shotgun mods, then every shotgun effectively has one mod slot.

@Kvothe

The X variable u are looking for in your tier system is 2000.

And the .0033% are arbitrary because it assumes everyone participated in the event.

Most arguments are based on ones own feelings towards something and those words describe it well within an argumentation. If we had won without the Top 100? .. i believe yes.. as much as i believe that we never would have lost. Noone knows if DE isn't turning the wheels in the background so their special content will be handed out.

For the Event basically being in the Top 100 meant something like "who can stay awake longer" or "who has a friend that can play the account while you sleep". If you then have a well equipped AE Warframe like Ember you just had to run through a map keeping your 4th skill running. It was not hard.. it was not challenging.. "do it the longest and you win". That's all it was. You may call that effort, yes.. but "working hard for it" is just the wrong way of describing how one could get into the Top 100 and to say they "earned" a Primed Chamber for that... well.. everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Feelings are based on thought patterns and therefore differ from person to person. They don't contribute in any meaningful way in a argumentation. That the progression bar was rigged may be true.

And i think getting in the top 100 was only about persistence. Which in my opinion is a challenge. I got 3000 kills and i did sleep. Nobody but me was playing on my account. I didn't abuse any exploits. I also played Saryn. But i agree the event should be more about skill than persistence. But a skill based kind of challenge also has its problems, because not everyone has the same resources.(Warframes/Weapons/Mods)

Edited by SolPhoenix

@Kvothe

The X variable u are looking for in your tier system is 2000.

And the .0033% are arbitrary because it assumes everyone participated in the event.

True, but that's the number of players they say they have, and it doesn't take long to get to earth to fight lvl 15+ grineer.

And by tier syste, I mean MANY tiers, with 2000 or whatever the highest is having some cool cosmetic reward (think unusuals from tf2), with the others having either minor cosmetic prizes (1-2 colors or something, helmet bp of your choice, etc etc) or maybe even very small plat prizes (5-10, probably be at the 500ish mark)

A tier system has its advantages and disadvantages. An advantage would be that u will always know what reward u will get. For example a problem with the current system is that someone who killed 2005 informers gets the same reward as someone who killed 20.

A disadvantage would be that there will be no leaderboard, because there is no reason to kill more once u have enough kills to get every reward.

But in the end it doesn't solve the problem Namacyst has, because only a minority will get the most desired rewards. Charged Chamber is the second most useless mod and Prime Chamber is currently extremely exclusive.

Edited by SolPhoenix

Frost Prime DE says its exclusive and everyone can get it now.

Primed chamber, DE dont say anything but for some reason its exclusive.

De logic and YES THE FROST PRIME EVENT IS GOING TO HAUNT YOU FOR THE ETERNITY DE !

Frost Prime DE says its exclusive and everyone can get it now.

Primed chamber, DE dont say anything but for some reason its exclusive.

De logic and YES THE FROST PRIME EVENT IS GOING TO HAUNT YOU FOR THE ETERNITY DE !

It isn't exclusive - it is an event award. If you want it you get it from and event. 

That isn't the same thing as exclusive.

Braton Vandal? Exclusive. It was given out once and if you didn't snag it too bad.

Primed Chamber? Trophy Card. You get it from an event. Not just the Informer event - from whatever event they hand it out in.

Informer Event was the first time this Trophy card was handed out - it will not be the last.