Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Charged Chamber Or Give Us Primed!

Namacyst

You totally missed his point.

You aren't fustrated? That's weird I thought because I personally, got fustrated about something specific, everyone had to feel the same way. What a dumb argument.

It boils down to the fact that the compensation mod, was way too weak compared to the mod that only 100 people got to get. And primed wasnt the main reward? "MAIN REWARD" ? Okay, when reading the rewards on the event notes, how many people do YOU think was looking MAINLY at the Primed mod describtion?

Snipetron vandal was a great reward, but Primed was as "main" as that was. The only difference is, not everyone had the chance to go the extra 500.000 miles to get the best of the rewards at stake.

And to add to my statement about Charged being useless. I'm sure it has it's usage, even the element resist mods does, but it's not enough. To put it blunt. Also, Obviously not everything I said was fact, some of it is as you said, opinion. Nor did I want to make it seem that every word was meant to sound like a fact. You simply misunderstood what I said.

What people were aiming to get from the event is irrelevant. The event video, the event dialogue, the event thread talked about a supply of weapons where players could get the Snipetron again, which's something people had been complaining about for a while.

I misunderstood nothing, the way you phrased things just bothers me, because you state your opinion as fact and/or quote irrelevant things to "boost" your point. Your entire argument is a logical fallacy.

I'm not against a buff to Charged Chamber, the reasoning and arguments YOU have for the buff, however, including saying the event was unfair are just pure crap.

The only argument anyone should have for a buff to Charged Chamber is that it is not worth the mod points for the buff it gives. IN COMPARISON TO NOTHING. Just on it's own.

However, that is also an opinion, mathematically, a 40% buff to a 4-shotter like the regular Snipetron, or other guns, like the Lex, Hek, Snipetron Vandal, Latron, etc, means the difference between one-shotting a heavy and then finishing out the rest of the squad. (regardless of some weapons I mentioned not being eligible for the mod)

It's not a mod meant to increase DPS, it's a mod made to make one shotting/bringing down tougher enemies faster in a single clip. You have your 6 shots on the Vandal, a grineer napalm and his goons are coming, you reload, take out the Napalm with the first shot and then the goons with regular shots.

You could have the same argument about Puncture mods, there's a whole giant thread dedicated to Puncture mods, which I support buffing. Yet I still use Metal Auger on my Snipetron Vandal, because puncturing one and sometimes two grineers, for a double or triple kill is worth it to me. Regardless of mathematically having a lower DPS, I like it, and I want to use it.

You like the mod, but don't want to use it. Instead of aiming for the event version and making a thread with suggestions for DE on how to make Primed Chamber more accessible since it WAS NOT the main reward of the previous event, you made a thread to complain about the teaser version they added, (teaser. version. as in, it's supposed to tease you into getting the complete thing) and cussed about everyone who got the reward being a no-lifer or exploiter and how it wasn't fair.

EDIT: As Blatantfool just said above, I'm sure DE will make Primed Chamber more accessible in future events.

Edited by Gregio

Would be weird if they didn't. They have improved the game quite a lot already, according to the feedback they've gotten from the players.

Agreed. There is too much evidence that putting everything on the shoulders of a Top 100 Leaderboard doesn't really make the people happy. 

I think we'll see them change up their strategy the next time an event comes around.

What people were aiming to get from the event is irrelevant. The event video, the event dialogue, the event thread talked about a supply of weapons where players could get the Snipetron again, which's something people had been complaining for a while.

I misunderstood nothing, the way you phrased things just bothers me, because you state your opinion as fact and/or quote irrelevant things to "boost" your point. Your entire argument is a logical fallacy.

I'm not against a buff to Charged Chamber, the reasoning and arguments YOU have for the buff, however, including saying the event was unfair are just pure crap.

The only argument anyone should have for a buff to Charged Chamber is that it is not worth the mod points for the buff it gives. IN COMPARISON TO NOTHING. Just on it's own.

However, that is also an opinion, mathematically, a 40% buff to a 4-shotter like the regular Snipetron, or other guns, like the Lex, Hek, Snipetron Vandal, Latron, etc, means the difference between one-shotting a heavy and then finishing out the rest of the squad. (regardless of some weapons I mentioned not being eligible for the mod)

It's not a mod meant to increase DPS, it's a mod made to make one shotting tougher enemies faster. You have your 6 shots on the Vandal, a grineer napalm and his goons are coming, you reload, take out the Napalm with the first shot and then the goons with regular shots.

You could have the same argument about Puncture mods, there's a whole giant thread dedicated to Puncture mods, which I support buffing. Yet I still use Metal Auger on my Snipetron Vandal, because puncturing one and sometimes two grineers, for a double or triple kill is worth it to me. Regardless of mathematically having a lower DPS, I like it, and I want to use it.

You like the mod, but don't want to use it. Instead of aiming for the event version and making a thread with suggestions for DE on how to make Primed Chamber more accessible since it WAS NOT the main reward of the previous event, you made a thread to complain about the teaser version they added, you made a thread to complain about the teaser version (teaser. version. as in, it's supposed to tease you into getting the complete thing) and cussed about everyone who got the reward being a no-lifer or exploiter and how it wasn't fair.

Could you please shorten that in a private message? I'll happily hear you out, but that's too much text for me to go through at this point, I'll just end up getting more annoyed that I am right now.

Edit. If not, let's just agree to disagree, and I'll read it later.

Edited by Zareek

"Take it as a man and be weaker"

No. Take it like a man and do something to make yourself stronger. Not just let it slide.

Men demand their food to be taken back in resturaunts. Women are the ones who say nothing.

You are telling me to do the exact opposite of what a man would do. *In essence*

Since when does it make you weak when you're having patience?

Just 100 people received this mod. That's barely anything compared to the current amount of players playing this game.

Why don't you just pretend that this mod didn't even exist in the first place?

Also, you're being very impatient right now.

And that makes you weak.

No, they're VERY different, the way the BP gathering worked, FP as an exclusive was a BAD idea, and harmed no one by allowing everyone to get it. Primed chamber is the polar opposite, it wasn't stated to be exclusive, but then is.

It doesn't change the fact that the people that are complaining about it are still using pretty much the same argument that were used in the braton vandal/Braton topics They didn't get it, they're jealous, they ask for it to be released again or nerf the better version. It's really that simple, you can't release a event that's going to make everyone happy. but asking for things to be nerfed or released again with an argument that says nothing more than "I didn't get the special item, so now I'm going to go straight to the forums and complain about how this special item should be nerfed or released again cause I didn't get it" and it sucks cause DE actually caves into these kind of arguments (looking at you Brandal) I'm still standing by what I said, it's more than likely going to be released so I would just wait until it's released again rather than trying to make it suck or just another common mod that everyone has now cause people complained too much.

It doesn't change the fact that the people that are complaining about it are still using pretty much the same argument that were used in the braton vandal/Braton topics They didn't get it, they're jealous, they ask for it to be released again or nerf the better version. It's really that simple, you can't release a event that's going to make everyone happy. but asking for things to be nerfed or released again with an argument that says nothing more than "I didn't get the special item, so now I'm going to go straight to the forums and complain about how this special item should be nerfed or released again cause I didn't get it" and it sucks cause DE actually caves into these kind of arguments (looking at you Brandal) I'm still standing by what I said, it's more than likely going to be released so I would just wait until it's released again rather than trying to make it suck or just another common mod that everyone has now cause people complained too much.

But EVERYONE knew the brandals would be exclusive, EVERYONE could get them. 100 people, ~.003333....3% could get this mod.

But EVERYONE knew the brandals would be exclusive, EVERYONE could get them. 100 people, ~.003333....3% could get this mod.

Which is probably why, like I said they gave a lesser mod  so people wouldn't feel entirely left out. They know they can't make everyone happy but at least they didn't completely crap on your hopes by giving nothing at all. You got a lesser mod that's honestly not a bad mod, it's being greedy past that point.

Edited by TheDoctah

Which is probably why, like I said they gave a lesser mod  so people wouldn't feel entirely left out. They know they can't make everyone happy but at least they didn't completely crap on your hopes by giving nothing at all. You got a lesser mod that's honestly not a bad mod, it's being greedy past that point.

That was a step in the right direction. The lesser version just seems "Too" lesser, for some people. It wouldn't hurt to improve it a bit.

That was a step in the right direction. The lesser version just seems "Too" lesser, for some people. It wouldn't hurt to improve it a bit.

That's indeed true. But I'd change it's rarity and drop chance to rare instead of uncommon.

I can't really imagine such a mod to be classified as uncommon.

Just lower the mod point cost. Start at 2 points for unranked, increasing by one per rank, maxing out at 5. 

the "lesser" version is a piece of garbage. 9 points, for 1 shot to deal 40% more damage, compared to the 7 points for 1 shot dealing 100% more damage (per clip)

That's indeed true. But I'd change it's rarity and drop chance to rare instead of uncommon.

I can't really imagine such a mod to be classified as uncommon.

Not unless they make the mod itself worthy of being a rare. I find the stats it gives pathetic. So for now, I think it's perfect as an uncommon. But that's just me. I'm just pissy and negative about it thats all.

Just lower the mod point cost. Start at 2 points for unranked, increasing by one per rank, maxing out at 5. 

The Energy cost is not the Problem.. the performance given for using a mod slot is.

40% damage increase for the first shot in the magazine is underwhelming at best. We all agree that Primed/charged Chamber mods don't have a use all the time.. meaning they don't apply their benefits to every shot but the first one and 40% is a joke.

80% for 9 Energy as i suggested is worth a mod slot. Another option would be to make it a dual mod like the nightmare ones giving 10% Reload speed and damage for the first shot of a magzine. That way it would be a sidegrade for the Primed chamber meaning Primed is used for very heavy hitting and Charge could be used to turn the Sniper into a fast reloading carbine so you can play it as "first shot only" sniper, reloading after each shot manually to get the damage bonus. It would make it worth a mod slot more and u could even stack it with the normal reload speed mod. That change would require the mod to be a Rare drop of course and i don't know if stacking charged chamber with reload bonus with the normal reload mod would make it OP.

Edited by Namacyst

What is it? 40% at the moment? Then I would say just make it 50% at best.

exclusive mods can be ok, but don't make them flat out better in the numbers, make the amount of mod points need to equip them less, or how much you have to level it before it maxes out, or even a slight buff, but certainly NOT double the power for cheaper.