Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Platinum As Daily Login Rewards?

CaptainohCaptain

I know, the world is rolling about money and getting benefits from selling goods either physical or informational, that every piece of warframe inventory that changes a gameplay available via non-platinum ways, that "developers need a food and shelter" and stuff etc. etc. But! Sometimes lending a coin leads to notable returns.

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but adding, let's say 1-3/3-5/5-8 platinum as possible first/second/third tier rewards won't give much of a posibility to enjoy world of platinum, it WILL give a small, purely psychological sense of "Everything-can-be-bought-without-putting-a-dollar". While simple math gives us a whole weeks of "Loyality" everyday logins to get even something. Everyone gets the fruits, while it makes whining about platinum even more pathetic, shopper timer says "Cha-ching!".

They've talked about putting 'required' longevity items like weapon/warframe slots as Mastery Rank rewards. Catalysts and Reactors are in the alert system. Formas are obtainable via Void, daily logins (my personal source of Forma), and alerts.

What else is there?

you can already get every core item without having to pay for it. There is no need to reward players for actually nothing.

Don't get me wrong, small amounts won't give any reliable degree of gain. Revives? It restores every day. Reactors/Catalysts? Not even close, 3 ideal in row to get one. Resources? Nah, you'll get a whole loads of them by simply farming. And it's an infinity to get enough for weapon/warframe/possibility to rush build/boosters, everything.

Like I said,

>every piece of warframe inventory that changes a gameplay available via non-platinum ways

I know it. And also, as a player who bought fairly amount of platinum, these little piles won't be sufficient. Still, teasing a whole lot.

With people asking for free platinum all the time:

- Compare warframe to the last 10 games you've bought for 50+ bucks...

- You can get up to 75% discount, all the cosmetics you'll ever want and a long lasting supply of endgame stuff for not even 10 bucks, even kids can pay that amount from their allowance

Have you ever looked at other f2p games?

- free revives -> nope, you ever run out you're f***ed

- free endgame gear -> nope, funny mechanics that break your stuff while upgrading

- every toon/weapon in the game -> nope, but you can pay xx to become great hero and pull uber sword out of stone

- access to everything the game has to offer -> nope, buy crystals/passes whatever

- decent graphics -> nope, it had decent graphics 5 years ago in korea...

Edit: Carrot on a stick to make you come back for more? They give everyone 50 plat to start with.

Edited by Helljack84

That again. Tell me, have you read the post or jumped straight to the answer after reading a headline? Cause it's absolutely looks like a second. I'm not talking about reliable platinum, I'm talking about teasing ghost of netherwoods that lies far, far away on the island called Dreamland, which on lockdown by three thousand of doped nuclear unicorns of despair.

- Compare warframe to the last 10 games you've bought for 50+ bucks...

- You can get up to 75% discount, all the cosmetics you'll ever want and a long lasting supply of endgame stuff for not even 10 bucks, even kids can pay that amount from their allowance

Have you ever looked at other f2p games?

- free revives -> nope, you ever run out you're f***ed

- free endgame gear -> nope, funny mechanics that break your stuff while upgrading

- every toon/weapon in the game -> nope, but you can pay xx to become great hero and pull uber sword out of stone

- access to everything the game has to offer -> nope, buy crystals/passes whatever

- decent graphics -> nope, it had decent graphics 5 years ago in korea...

You forgot what just about every other f2p game DOES have - a chance to win or acquire in game cash. In this case "platinum". That's how they keep a segment of people coming back for more. There's nothing wrong with giving away free platinum - it's a chance. Actually I think they should give some away on the regular - like every 7 days give people 25 platinum. Nobody has yet to present a case that actually makes it look like a bad thing. One of you said every "regular" item can be found in the game - well platinum buys more than just "regular" items, and btw sales and discounts on in-game cash is not new to F2P gaming - its been going on for decades now. I know Warframe is a great game experience, but the pay model is not unique and there is no reason to enhance it with a little carrot on a stick action.

You guys should come to grips with it, because it is going to happen - just watch.

Oh and btw, paying for colors is not a bonus - that's just desperate. I hope DE is doing well because that is really, really reaching.

Edited by magusat999

This. A discount IS giving you the platinum through login rewards, you just have to spend a very small amount of money first.

Of course, everything except for slots and cosmetics can be obtained without spending real money. And really, if you need more than 3-4 frames or 8-12 weapons, then all you need to do is wait a few weeks to buy the next $60 game when it drops in price and that will save you enough to buy one of the lower tier plat packages.

You forgot what just about every other f2p game DOES have - a chance to win or acquire in game cash.

As per your usual style of comments, this statement is very wrong.

There are LOTS and LOTS of F2P games where "real cash" and "virtual money" stays separate forever.

You guys should come to grips with it, because it is going to happen - just watch.

Care to bet some plat on that?

Those of you looking for more free plat might have forgotten the numerous livestream givaways and other scattered events around the web which offer plat. e.g. I recently got 75 more from that Alienware thing that happened a couple days ago. Even given my modest playtime in this game, I'd probably never have spent any money at all given the amount of plat I would have accrued if any of your free plat systems were in place.

As it is, I've spent a measily 15 bucks on this game so far, (including $10 on that heavily discounted steam starter pack) and I now have 820 platinum, which is much more than I even need. If you're smart about it and have a little patience, you barely have to spend anything on this game to get what you want. So much in this game is completely free and pretty easy to obtain anyway that I've still got 300 or so left over in case I need more potatoes and forma.

You forgot what just about every other f2p game DOES have - a chance to win or acquire in game cash. In this case "platinum".

There is just not a single reason to do that. You can already obtain every item ingame by just playing. There is no need to give away the real currency for nothing. Thats just ridiculous.

im not very fond to this idea but i like to keep open mind to things

so

idea itself aint bad.. if it were some small amount or as Wynn said: "Won't hurt the game to have say the 5 day reward have a 5% chance for 75 plat."

it wont hurt anyone cause odds to get that (for example) 75 plats on 5th day reward (5% chance) is well...small..

and to keep value on tracks lets say under 75 would be nice as Icouldjustkissyou said in a first place

im not very fond to this idea but i like to keep open mind to things

I can tell you how it's going to go:

Suppose one day DE adds a way to just gain plat based on RNG.

The next week forums will explode with topics "RNG is terrible, it's not giving me plat, QQ".

Suppose one day DE addes a way to gain plat based on grinding.

The next week forums will explode with topics "Grinding for plat is too hard (too easy), the game is broken, QQ".

I can tell you how it's going to go:

Suppose one day DE adds a way to just gain plat based on RNG.

The next week forums will explode with topics "RNG is terrible, it's not giving me plat, QQ".

Suppose one day DE addes a way to gain plat based on grinding.

The next week forums will explode with topics "Grinding for plat is too hard (too easy), the game is broken, QQ".

You forgot those who whine whenever they miss an special alert because of XYZ.