Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When choosing to extract or battle

MinimumWage

Edit: I made a mistake when explaining.  I didnt mean unanimous (it alrdy does that) I meant majority.

Have it be a majority vote decision, forcing the whole team to stay together.  When it's 2-2 it goes 50-50 chance or either or, but this is solved ahead of time with clear communication.  3-1 voting forces the A****** (me) to join the rest of the squad.

I just did a mission where 3 of us voted to battle, and 1 dude went to extract.  At the literal last second the other 2 that voted 'battle' switched over to extract, and I was left in the mission alone.  That's such a d!ck move, I literally played for nothing cause I lost everything forcing to abort.  Who would want the option to stay in a mission when it can't be done solo?  Just make it majority, I remember it used to be that way, whose bright idea was it to change it?

Edited by MinimumWage
mis-explained

Like what @DarkRuler2500 stated: DE has already added a feature to defense/interception missions where if the votes are unanimous, it instantly starts the next round(s).

Plus, if you can't do a mission solo, you should've extracted if you knew that. No need for someone to carry you. It was never a thing where if part of the squad wanted to stay, the whole squad is forced to stay. That's practically forcing all the players to stay on a sinking ship. So no, I'd rather not want that.

Edited by BrokenBullet

7 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Right now when all 4 voted for battle, it will immediately proceed.
So this issue is already fixed!

pretty much, unless you mean that 3 people chose to battle, one didnt and then "last second" the other two chose to leave, honestly a rare problem.

17 minutes ago, BrokenBullet said:

if you can't do a mission solo, you should've extracted if you knew that. No need for someone to carry you.

Yeah sure except stuff like Interception exists.

And maybe everyone was using non-maxed loadouts, but the Squad pulled through because of teamwork and rainbows,
making you feel like you could trust this group of shlubs, so that the sudden but inevitable betrayal only hit harder.

:(

19 minutes ago, Soki01 said:

3 people chose to battle, one didnt and then "last second" the other two chose to leave, honestly a rare problem.

Not rare enough, there have been many topics on this. A (further) change is needed.

I have never had this issue on PC. But on console it happend 90% of the time. But with the new fix I'd imagine it don't happen now.

If it happened to you on PC now, is it that You stayed Neutral on the voting? they cose to stay seen you neutral (AFK) one guy decides to leave others follow; that is how the game is and is played. Because like someone said if All of you voted to stay it Instantly starts it is impossible for all to vote one way or the other and then change vote.

Edited by AlabamaHit

1 hour ago, BrokenBullet said:

Like what @DarkRuler2500 stated: DE has already added a feature to defense/interception missions where if the votes are unanimous, it instantly starts the next round(s).

Plus,(1) if you can't do a mission solo, you should've extracted if you knew that. No need for someone to carry you. (2) It was never a thing where if part of the squad wanted to stay, the whole squad is forced to stay. That's practically forcing all the players to stay on a sinking ship. So no, I'd rather not want that.

1) Your statement defeats the purpose of playing a team game.  Missions are made higher level for the purpose of working together.  We were doing an exp farm where no one has full load outs.  Team work is required to win, otherwise you'll be stuck playing low lvl missions all day to try and level.  That may be what you do, but others like to do it more effeciently.

2) It actually was a thing.  Last time I was seriously into this game (about 2 years ago) it was a majority vote decision.  If it was 3-1, the squad would be forced to stick together whichever the 3 voted.  Communicating ahead of time when to extract solved any problems of misvoting, and the majority result prevented people from getting screwed over (like I did).  IF the rare chance happened where 3 of them decided to stay instead of leaving at the appointed wave, then they're a-holes and you would just afk and let them get you free exp / loot cause when they vote next to extract, you leave the mission successful with them even if you didnt vote.