Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Void Fissures

Alcoholism

So I just wanted to give some feedback on the void fissures missions in regards to what I find to be the most dysfunctional and annoying: excavation.

All the other missions it seems people are able to effectively communicate and decide as a team what to do, a lot of the time it is really self-explanatory and you don't even need to type in chat. But what I find with excavation is players can't seem to decide on an excavation drill, fighting over which one to protect in chat and others in the confusion continuing to put reactors into them speeding up the process. Meanwhile nobody has enough reactant before the end of the round and everyone is practically raging at each other at this point resulting in players just leaving the game or running straight to the exit.

What I'm suggesting is to reduce the possibility to "miss" a chance at rewards during excavation. It is the one mission type with the highest chance of failure which is the direct result of human error. In a defence you just protect a pod which is usually quite simple as everyone is working together in one place. Exterminate, capture, rescue etc.. pretty easy to get reactant before heading to extraction. In survival you get 5 minutes to collect reactant which again is pretty simple and straight forward. Look at excavation, players are conflicted; reactant isn't as abundant in one place when the players are split up protecting 2 excavators. You might not think it happens often but I see it extremely often in comparison to other mission types where there is no real conflict of interest at all. I purposefully avoid protecting one of the excavators (playing as frost) and focus on just the one because I'd rather have the other one die than both being completed at the same time resulting in next round starting before getting enough reactant. And oh boy do people get mad at that, but what choice is there when you have people dumping cores into the excavators.. It just opens the door for trolling as well, because someone can just keep filling up the drills just to create conflict.

My suggestion, change the drills so that they spawn based on the previous drill %. When Drill A is 20% remaining, spawn marker for Drill B. When Drill B is 20% remaining, spawn marker for Drill C and so on.. This will also help with the problem of players accidentally spawning a drill because they ran through an area that just happened to have a marker spawn over it. It may seem a little slower paced, but it reduces the risk of having two drills running consecutively and players being utterly toxic towards one another. In a void fissure mission, speed isn't that important, it's the loot that matters. If of course you want to up the difficulty after lets say 3 rounds, you can then start spawning two at a time for those hardcore players.

Or it could just be sped up by giving more reactant spawns from corrupted and splitting the energy carrier spawns between the active excavators since they only focus on one, that way everyone could have 10/10 before the next round starts and excavations would be faster, would be possible to run more than one excavator at once in fissures and it would take 0 cooperation from teams to do so so it would actually work in public matchmaking while not slowing down the process.

Or DE could finally do away with the incredibly arbitrary and utterly unnecessary Reactant drops. They don't add any meaningful game play, they cause problems with power cell drops on Excavation missions and life support on Survival and punish players for using fast movement and playing Warframe in a fun, exciting manner.

They gave us this amazing movement system and they keep finding ways to punish our using it and.instead make us walk slowly through missions, careful not to miss a pickup...

I think it's time for that to change. Just kill Reactant already. It doesn't add anything anyway and Actually subtracts from.the game play Experience.