Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Game Mechanic] Break Down Doors

Mercurus

I think it would be cool for certain frames to be able to bust down locked doors using an ability or using certain melee weapons.  Perhaps the Rhino warframe has an "X" appear on a locked door and after some ripping, bending, and tearing the door into a warframe sized opening. In certain circumstances it may be faster to bust through than find a terminal to hack. Not to mention it might be a little intimidating for the Grineer and Corpus.

There should also be different animations, for example, Ember would melt a hole to jump through while Frost may freeze and shatter a portion of the door.

Edited by Mercurus

Stormandreas, yeah I was thinking this would be used for lock downs, which would be its conveniently disabled for doors that would lead off map.

These should be slightly cinematic animations similar to stealth kills.

I think it would be cool for certain frames to be able to bust down locked doors using an ability or using certain melee weapons.  

It's a cool idea, but this right here is the problem.

Which frames.

Rhino or Vauban make logical sense, but what about all the Trinity, Nyx, Ember, Ash, etc etc players? What if they want to do a neat little mechanic or mini game to help their squad out? 

It's a good idea, but it needs to be for all frames, or an ability enabled by a specific weapon. Maybe a tenno oxy torch? <_< 

11.11.11, all warframes could have some sort of capability (whether its creative or brute force) to get through locked blast doors.  However, I was leaning towards only certain frames as to add more depth to certain roles. I also thought it would be amazing to punch through using some Furax or hammering through with a Fragor.

It is a mechanic that would need to be balanced for sure, ultimately it would be introduced to improve game play and the overall exciting kick-&amp;#&#33; feel of the game.

11.11.11, all warframes could have some sort of capability (whether its creative or brute force) to get through locked blast doors.  However, I was leaning towards only certain frames as to add more depth to certain roles. I also thought it would be amazing to punch through using some Furax or hammering through with a Fragor.

It is a mechanic that would need to be balanced for sure, ultimately it would be introduced to improve game play and the overall exciting kick-&amp;#&#33; feel of the game.

I could see the Furax or Fragor working well - perhaps they could just make it a mod card for all melee weapons? 

Though that leaves the Flux - which I have always wished could be used to slice open obstacles...

As for your 'only certain frames' idea. I get where you're coming from, it adds further depth and variation to the existing repertoire of roles for obvious contenders like Rhino and Vauban - but I just can't shake the feeling that such an addition would just drive a further wedge between people who have personal preferences for other frames. I mean, the other day I actually saw someone in a pug, berate some poor other player simply for picking a Mag - because apparently "she sucks and has no use to the team what so ever" I just don't see that we need to  be feeding more of that nonsense. 

Maybe just a seperate 'tool' type weapon would be best. An orokin oxy torch, or tenno bolt cutters or something. Could add an interesting dynamic in that it's a weak melee weapon, but compliments your teams maneuverability. Would help encourage teamplay and planning out gear load-outs. 

Edited by 11.11.11

Nice Obama video!

Who does use the ciphers anyways? It has to be the least purchased item.

I would look forward to one particular scenario. The corpus crewman runs into the "service closet" to initiate a lockdown, then bust the door down while he's locked in there.

My pace when playing this game is like running hurtles.  Sprinting, hurtle, sprinting, hurtle. Hurtles being heavy units, hacking for data units, etc. Back tracking to find a terminal to hack during lock-downs throws my pace off more than the typical hurtle.

Edited by Mercurus