Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Big Shield As A Melee Weapon? :d

Misilo

it just came to my mind a shield, big one, like the greneer shield guy but more tenno-style to bring more defensive support and cover to your teamates when you dont have a warframe that has a defensive power to block all the bullets while others are trying to revive someone, it could be like this:

-basic attack a low dmg bash that staggers the enemy

-Charged attack can be a charged bash that ragdolls the enemy (or maybe multiple targets)

-and the block to use the shield as it should be (lol) full blocking attacks in front of you while draining stamine WHILE u are blocking with the shield, but not like other melee weapons that drains stamina when blocking AND PLUS deflecting attacks

Just an idea that i needed to show up :P

I think it'd be cool if the finisher was the bottom of the shield coming down on the enemy, cutting them in half.

But I think we already have a lot of melee weapons right now.

Edited by inorite3

Ninjas dont use Shotguns, Rifles, light machine guns, heavy armored suits, etc....

... rocket launchers, toxin launchers, lazor guns, battle axes ...

I think it'd be cool if the finisher was the bottom of the shield coming down on the enemy, cutting them in half.

But I think we already have a lot of melee weapons right now.

lots of melee weapons, yes. but not many melee weapons based on supporting instead of offensive rush stuff

no

you, sir are a paragon of validating your points of view, and providing detailed exposition as why you think that way.

Ninjas dont use Shotguns, Rifles, light machine guns, heavy armored suits, etc....

... rocket launchers, toxin launchers, lazor guns, battle axes ...

... sniper rifles, a BIG F-ING HAMMER.

i support the idea of a shield in the game... that would be a totally awesome way to enhance team play, but it would also require new mods. and well... my block button hasn`t seen ANY use... i pressed it once, just to see what it actually looks like...

not amelee weapon,  in my view, but a swap for the secondary. AKA, the pistol.

this gives you A: the ablity to draw and use the sheild, and B: the ablity to go knight templar on your enemy with sword and sheild.

I support this if only for the chance to see a space spartan sheild wall hold out agaist a invested swarm.

I'd love to see some kind of Sword & Board melee weapon.

My ideas for it would be this:

-Shield is wielded in the left hand

-Melee weapon is wielded in the right hand

-Blocking expands the shield to a size slightly smaller than Volt's electric shield

-The shield can be aimed 360 degrees. And can protect allies from shots too

-The user is reduced to a walking pace while the shield is up

-The shield blocks 100% of attacks passing though it, allied or not, but if the shield is on the recieving end of a certain level of average DPS from enemies then the user's stamina drains faster and faster

-The user can shoot their side-arm while blocking

-Normal attacks while the shield is up will cause a shield bash that has a high stun percentage but low damage

-Charge attacks while the shield is up will cause the user to rush forward a short distance and knock away targets in their path while also knocking them down

-Normal attacks use the Skana/Long Sword wielded in the right hand

-Charge attacks use the Skana/Long Sword wielded in the right hand.

I'd love to see some kind of Sword & Board melee weapon.

My ideas for it would be this:

-Shield is wielded in the left hand

-Melee weapon is wielded in the right hand

-Blocking expands the shield to a size slightly smaller than Volt's electric shield

-The shield can be aimed 360 degrees. And can protect allies from shots too

-The user is reduced to a walking pace while the shield is up

-The shield blocks 100% of attacks passing though it, allied or not, but if the shield is on the recieving end of a certain level of average DPS from enemies then the user's stamina drains faster and faster

-The user can shoot their side-arm while blocking

-Normal attacks while the shield is up will cause a shield bash that has a high stun percentage but low damage

-Charge attacks while the shield is up will cause the user to rush forward a short distance and knock away targets in their path while also knocking them down

-Normal attacks use the Skana/Long Sword wielded in the right hand

-Charge attacks use the Skana/Long Sword wielded in the right hand.

I would love this so hard. Have the shield be stored as a wristlet what generates energy.