Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2018-08-09 at 1:45 PM, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Funnily enough, I saw it as more similar to the Drakgoon what with the charged trigger. Still, with the delay between firing, I'd be surprised if it doesn't start reminding people of it. Anyway, thanks so much! I'm glad you like how oddball the Kelvin is. 

I added in the altfire because the idea of a gun you have to aim away from enemies for maximum effectiveness was hilarious.

Besides, Anyo is exactly the kind of person who would buy something like this because it was cheap, with no regards for the consequences. 

Shame we haven't seen much of Luxor Foundry, though. It seems to be one of those things that'll be relegated to the pre-update muck of Warframe, like Arn Etina.

AH! Sincerest apologies. Both weapons are shotguns, but, my mind was so focused on the cryotic globular grenade that my thoughts leaned much more towards our current other shotgrenadier weapon.

Certainly makes for an interesting shooting experience. I imagine it'd be quite helpful when spattered down in front of one of the Grineers eximi "meat blockades" of soldiers in formation.

According to their design aesthetic, Luxor Forge has been the designer of every single Corpus mainline weapon up until the Arca series poofed into being. I'd say L.F. has been less "resigned to the dust-bin" as Arn Erin was and more of become a piece of "nonessential background material". You'll know them by their work, but, it doesn't scream as loudly as it did with, say, the Braton.

2 hours ago, Unus said:

AH! Sincerest apologies. Both weapons are shotguns, but, my mind was so focused on the cryotic globular grenade that my thoughts leaned much more towards our current other shotgrenadier weapon.

Don't even trip, dawg! Even I gotta admit that the altfire is much more interesting than the primary.

...unless the altfire becomes the primary =D

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Certainly makes for an interesting shooting experience. I imagine it'd be quite helpful when spattered down in front of one of the Grineers eximi "meat blockades" of soldiers in formation.

That is exactly the kind of situation where it would shine! Just make sure to aim the altfire over the heads of all the eximuses. Eximi? Eh, whatever plural works 😛

2 hours ago, Unus said:

According to their design aesthetic, Luxor Forge has been the designer of every single Corpus mainline weapon up until the Arca series poofed into being. I'd say L.F. has been less "resigned to the dust-bin" as Arn Erin was and more of become a piece of "nonessential background material". You'll know them by their work, but, it doesn't scream as loudly as it did with, say, the Braton.

Or they're just one of many factories hammering out designs that could be thousands of years old. It's hard to say.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Don't even trip, dawg! Even I gotta admit that the altfire is much more interesting than the primary.

...unless the altfire becomes the primary =D

That is exactly the kind of situation where it would shine! Just make sure to aim the altfire over the heads of all the eximuses. Eximi? Eh, whatever plural works 😛

Or they're just one of many factories hammering out designs that could be thousands of years old. It's hard to say.

Always a possability, really up to what you prefer!

I've never actually found out just what it is, even after being here for so long, heh.

I think it's just the big "Luxor Forge" tag on the side of the Braton that makes me think that there the big dog on the block as far as weapon designs go, with Arca being a tiny niche company scrapeing by on a few good ideas.

Think Beretta versus a Mom-and-Pop store, but, multipled.

As an aside, would you be willing to help me out in a decision I'm making?

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't see why not! I have a little art dump coming, but I'm not sure how to fill the rest of the page. So I have a good amount of time.

OH, it's not an art slave request! I've pestered you enough with just that one as is!

No no, just need ya to look at my latest posting over in the Pit, lend me an answer here or there or privately or as an emoji, no more, no less.

Art Dump 6: Son of And Also Father of Art Dump 7, Making Art Dump 6 Its Own Grandfather And Causing It to Lack the Delta Brainwave Pattern

warframe_art_dump_5_by_haruaxeman-dckc0v

NOTE: This is from top to bottom, left to right. Which SHOULD work... mostly... hopefully...

Let me know which one of these you want me to draw first!

Cetacea: Tenno status autoshotgun (I'm beginning to think I have a problem) with high damage and range compared to other shotguns... but only horizontal recoil, and lower magazine size at about 12. Has inherent punch-through. It has high shot-for-shot damage, and its side-to-side recoil makes it a great close-range spray gun, but the Somesha and Sobek have better sustained DPS at range, and nearly twice as many rounds. Plus, they'll probably be less annoying to use. 

Osteon: Tenno battle rifle made from Sentient Bone during the War. Has a zoom function, and a similar Target Analysis bonus to the Arca Scisco. Inspired by this WEIRD homemade Mosin-Nagant stock I saw once. This is mostly a thought experiment to make a battle rifle that won't be immediately outclassed by my various semiauto pistols. Loads from an M1 Garand-like en-bloc setup.

Should I remove the metal pipe from the pistol grip to the handguard in the final version of this? Tell me what you think.

Kilowa: Corpus taser rapier (with some cattle prod influence) used for dueling at various Corpus academies. Has inherent electric damage! This idea actually came to me in a dream.

Nolgra: Grineer recoilless gyrojet assault rifle (or LMG?) designed for EVA and underwater activity. Fires minirockets that explode on impact. Non-hitscan, but with absolutely no recoil. At all. (NOTE: The name is a Grineer corruption of the term "null-grav") This cannot have punch-through. Has nothing at all to do with @Unus's concept for a similar weapon. 

Dynamo: Tenno-made new-player friendly hybrid of the Lex and Sicarus. It has close to the power of the Lex (but not by much) with the option to switch from semiauto to burstfire. Burstfire has higher status, semiauto has higher crit. Coincidentally, I know what the Prime version will look like:

Trigunartbook12.jpg

Taknok: Grineer pump-action radiation grenade launcher. It might have a shotgun altfire, but then... it might not. On self-damage, it does not give you status. I'm not that evil!

Neophytou: Tenno high-capacity (12 rounds!) crit/slash pump-action shotgun fed from twin magazine tubes. Artstyle inspired by the Burston. Has long range, punch-through, and middling-to-average damage by semiauto shotgun standards. Rather like the old Sobek, it's balanced (somewhat) by a long reload. 

Aeolus: Tenno semiauto sniper rifle that turns you invisible after a period of time ADS. This persists after enough time ADS, but it's temporary. The scope actually reads heat sources, being able to see enemies through walls. A mod drop that replicates this is afrom Corrupted enemies.

Vaculyst: Sentient-made rocket launcher that creates an implosion instead of an explosion. Rather like the Kulstar, this can be remotely detonated. (I have no idea what damage type this will use)

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

11 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Art Dump 6: Son of And Also Father of Art Dump 7, Making Art Dump 6 Its Own Grandfather And Causing It to Lack the Delta Brainwave Pattern

warframe_art_dump_5_by_haruaxeman-dckc0v

NOTE: This is from top to bottom, left to right. Which SHOULD work... mostly... hopefully...

Let me know which one of these you want me to draw first!

Cetacea: Tenno status autoshotgun (I'm beginning to think I have a problem) with high damage and range compared to other shotguns... but only horizontal recoil, and lower magazine size at about 12. Has inherent punch-through. It has high shot-for-shot damage, and its side-to-side recoil makes it a great close-range spray gun, but the Somesha and Sobek have better sustained DPS at range, and nearly twice as many rounds. Plus, they'll probably be less annoying to use. 

Osteon: Tenno battle rifle made from Sentient Bone during the War. Has a zoom function, and a similar Target Analysis bonus to the Arca Scisco. Inspired by this WEIRD homemade Mosin-Nagant stock I saw once. This is mostly a thought experiment to make a battle rifle that won't be immediately outclassed by my various semiauto pistols. Loads from an M1 Garand-like en-bloc setup.

Should I remove the metal pipe from the pistol grip to the handguard in the final version of this? Tell me what you think.

Kilowa: Corpus taser rapier (with some cattle prod influence) used for dueling at various Corpus academies. Has inherent electric damage! This idea actually came to me in a dream.

Nolgra: Grineer recoilless gyrojet assault rifle (or LMG?) designed for EVA and underwater activity. Fires minirockets that explode on impact. Non-hitscan, but with absolutely no recoil. At all. (NOTE: The name is a Grineer corruption of the term "null-grav") This cannot have punch-through. Has nothing at all to do with @Unus's concept for a similar weapon. 

Dynamo: Tenno-made new-player friendly hybrid of the Lex and Sicarus. It has close to the power of the Lex (but not by much) with the option to switch from semiauto to burstfire. Burstfire has higher status, semiauto has higher crit. Coincidentally, I know what the Prime version will look like:

Trigunartbook12.jpg

Taknok: Grineer pump-action radiation grenade launcher. It might have a shotgun altfire, but then... it might not. On self-damage, it does not give you status. I'm not that evil!

Neophytou: Tenno high-capacity (12 rounds!) crit/slash pump-action shotgun fed from twin magazine tubes. Artstyle inspired by the Burston. Has long range, punch-through, and middling-to-average damage by semiauto shotgun standards. Rather like the old Sobek, it's balanced (somewhat) by a long reload. 

Aeolus: Tenno semiauto sniper rifle that turns you invisible after a period of time ADS. This persists after enough time ADS, but it's temporary. The scope actually reads heat sources, being able to see enemies through walls. A mod drop that replicates this is afrom Corrupted enemies.

Vaculyst: Sentient-made rocket launcher that creates an implosion instead of an explosion. Rather like the Kulstar, this can be remotely detonated. (I have no idea what damage type this will use)

Alright suh, as I'm currently experiencing a bit of a weird "crisis of Pit" currently, think I'll have a look around at the latest set, give you something I can't seem to acquire.

(Futurama, oh the memories.)

Could you explain what you mean by "move the pistol grip to the hand guard"? I may just be tired and misunderstanding.

(Disregard, I see it now! Hm. . . can you, uh, "compress" it down a bit more? Perhaps, leave it there, but, push it down closer to the rest of the weapon's frame?)

Looking it over, yeah, yours is, by tech standards, much more primitive then the piece I'm working on. Mine's a bit more. . . exotic? Specially in the Ammo and mag department, though for a related use.

Heh, personal opinionwise based on the pics? I'd like to see you tangle with the Vaculyst.

It reminds me of an augment I have in my collection for the Ogris, "Implosive-Explosive Payload". It splits each rocket in half, and delays in firing the second rocket. The first rocket creates a thermonuclear implosion that sucks foes in, while the second rocket is sucked into the epicenter as the thermonuke detonation takes place and adds augments the blast with more OOMPH. 

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Unus said:

(Disregard, I see it now! Hm. . . can you, uh, "compress" it down a bit more? Perhaps, leave it there, but, push it down closer to the rest of the weapon's frame?)

That works! My big issue here was that, even though it replicates the Mosin Nagant stock I used as an inspiration, it... well, it makes the silhouette look a bit fatter than it should. And Tenno weapons are supposed to be narrow and sleek. With a few (*Looks at Strun and Boar*) really oddball exceptions.

...Those two really have not aged well.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, personal opinionwise based on the pics? I'd like to see you tangle with the Vaculyst.

Thought you'd like that! As everything on this update goes, it's the most unique.

Any suggestions for what damage type it could use? I was toying with magnetic when pulling enemies in, and then blast, but... that just felt weird. Decisions, decisions...

7 hours ago, Unus said:

It reminds me of an augment I have in my collection for the Ogris, "Implosive-Explosive Payload". It splits each rocket in half, and delays in firing the second rocket. The first rocket creates a thermonuclear implosion that sucks foes in, while the second rocket is sucked into the epicenter as the thermonuke detonation takes place and adds augments the blast with more OOMPH. 

...That's a really cool idea. In fact, there's so much to that augment that you could easily make a new rocket launcher with it. Maybe it could be something from Harkonnar Foundry, be orange and green...

While I'm still responding... any thoughts on anything else? Including the Dynamo Prime? 😛

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

That works! My big issue here was that, even though it replicates the Mosin Nagant stock I used as an inspiration, it... well, it makes the silhouette look a bit fatter than it should. And Tenno weapons are supposed to be narrow and sleek. With a few (*Looks at Strun and Boar*) really oddball exceptions.

...Those two really have not aged well.

Thought you'd like that! As everything on this update goes, it's the most unique.

Any suggestions for what damage type it could use? I was toying with magnetic when pulling enemies in, and then blast, but... that just felt weird. Decisions, decisions...

...That's a really cool idea. In fact, there's so much to that augment that you could easily make a new rocket launcher with it. Maybe it could be something from Harkonnar Foundry, be orange and green...

While I'm still responding... any thoughts on anything else? Including the Dynamo Prime? 😛

Hmm. . . I think it could stick to the magnetic damage to it's entirety, act as a sort of extremely strong magnetic field for violently drawing folks in, then switch the polarity and BOOM knock em miles away. Or, squish them between the two fields.

Eh, I mean, with a launcher that already existed, I figured I could make do with what we already had. Just take what what we already have and tweak just a bit to make it new and sparkly, as augments are meant to be!

Hm. . . honestly? I said all that was on my mind for the current piece. Since you asked specifically for the D.P. though, I'll put down something a bit extra down for it.

Specifically, that "Prime-basis" pic, who's and what IS that and where's it from.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Hmm. . . I think it could stick to the magnetic damage to it's entirety, act as a sort of extremely strong magnetic field for violently drawing folks in, then switch the polarity and BOOM knock em miles away. Or, squish them between the two fields.

I'm thinking that I'll go with the first one. We don't exactly have a damage type that represents gravity, but... that seems close enough.

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Eh, I mean, with a launcher that already existed, I figured I could make do with what we already had. Just take what what we already have and tweak just a bit to make it new and sparkly, as augments are meant to be!

Like how with 2 augments you turn a Sobek into a monster? I see what you mean!

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . honestly? I said all that was on my mind for the current piece. Since you asked specifically for the D.P. though, I'll put down something a bit extra down for it.

Specifically, that "Prime-basis" pic, who's and what IS that and where's it from.

It is Trigun minor villain Brilliant Dynamites Neon's pistol, which is inspired by both the Automag and Wildey Magnum pistols.

Trigunbanditcomp.jpeg

BDN himself bears a spooky resemblance to Mesa. As does Beyond The Grave from Gungrave.

...I'm convinced Mesa is a huge Yasuhiro Nightow reference.

32 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Definitely just use magnetic. It’s your best bet since Gravitational Anomalies in game deal magnetic procs 

...That's such a good point that I'm almost angry I didn't think of it. I LIKE IT!

Good call! Thanks, Jado.

If you're wondering the Vaculyst's design comes from, it's this thing from Oban Star Racers. The red coloring, the rounded surfaces, the arcs... it just screamed Sentient.

crog_trident_by_atarashii21-d4io5r7.png

12 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm thinking that I'll go with the first one. We don't exactly have a damage type that represents gravity, but... that seems close enough.

Like how with 2 augments you turn a Sobek into a monster? I see what you mean!

It is Trigun minor villain Brilliant Dynamites Neon's pistol, which is inspired by both the Automag and Wildey Magnum pistols.

Trigunbanditcomp.jpeg

BDN himself bears a spooky resemblance to Mesa. As does Beyond The Grave from Gungrave.

...I'm convinced Mesa is a huge Yasuhiro Nightow reference.

Fair. As Mr. Jado attests, magnetics seems to be the placeholder for a "gravitational" damage type in game.

Xactly suh. By the time you stick those augments into the weapon, it hardly acts like it's original self any more.

Huh, raygunish looking fellow there.

Oh, I wouldn't know suh, my background in Japanese animation consists almost entirely of a few Ghibli films, scattered disconnected chunks of Dragon Ball Z, and random spatters of disconnected bleach, with a single series taking up my. "Fan following" slot.

Now, onwards to the three new weapons that came to me recently, the g-rocket rifle, the "explosion thrower" and the kinetic-kill rocket.

7 hours ago, Unus said:

Huh, raygunish looking fellow there.

Oh, I wouldn't know suh, my background in Japanese animation consists almost entirely of a few Ghibli films, scattered disconnected chunks of Dragon Ball Z, and random spatters of disconnected bleach, with a single series taking up my. "Fan following" slot.

Is he now? Huh.

For real though, take a look at Trigun and Gungrave. Once you look at some of the animations, the style, it will be impossible to unsee how Mesa references the work of Yasuhiro Nightow.

7a4f87251ae66946009e409b017fd0cd.jpg

Now all I need is a Warframe version of this thing. And a gimmick that makes it useful. Thankfully, I drew one earlier, so I should be fine!

I'm thinking high impact and puncture focus, maybe some zoom... And ricocheting. Decent crit (17% crit, 30% status?) but predominantly a status weapon. Be up to the players to decide if they want to go 100% status or add in some primed crit mods...

Is he now? Huh.

For real though, take a look at Trigun and Gungrave. Once you look at some of the animations, the style, it will be impossible to unsee how Mesa references the work of Yasuhiro Nightow.

7a4f87251ae66946009e409b017fd0cd.jpg

Now all I need is a Warframe version of this thing. And a gimmick that makes it useful. Thankfully, I drew one earlier, so I should be fine!

I'm thinking high impact and puncture focus, maybe some zoom... And ricocheting. Decent crit (17% crit, 30% status?) but predominantly a status weapon. Be up to the players to decide if they want to go 100% status or add in some primed crit mods...

Oh, I meant the gun, not the man wielding it, poligies.

AH! A fellow ricochet pistol! I made a pirate chain-pistol a fair ways back that used blunted bullets to achieve maximum bounce.

For you though, hm. . . perhaps each bounce increases damage? "Charging a kinetic battery within each round that stores up potential energy from the impacts to unleash once it hits a target"?Kinda emulateing the old wild-west. . .uh, "computerless memetic" of the lawman aiming his bullet richochets just right in order to disarm or kill a villain.

Tenno 'Estampida' Hunting Revolver

tenno__estampida__revolver_by_haruaxeman

"A heavy Tenno revolver firing heavy overpenetrating rounds for massive trauma. Comes with increased zoom."

Stats

Damage: 140
      Impact: 66
      Puncture: 46
      Slash: 28
Crit Chance: 36%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Headshot Multiplier: 4.5x

Magazine Size: 6
Fire Rate: 2.4
Enemy Punch-Through - 2m
Reload Time: 2.6s
Non-hitscan

Special Traits

+50% bonus headshot damage.
High enemy punch-through, no object punch-through

Description

The Estampida performs like a sniper rifle cut down to pistol size, firing massive armor-piercing, staggering non-hitscan rounds that overpenetrate enemies with ease and ricochet on hard surfaces. It comes with a zoom mode that can be activated by tapping the altfire key. Said zoom mode has more in common with the Veldt or Argonak, as basic zoom mode doesn't use a scope. 

It's primarily focused on impact and puncture, though it does have Slash damage. Again, I'm not a monster.

It could easily be built for status and crit. That said, personally I'd go for crit with three dual-stat rounds for maximum damage.
The Estampida has high enemy punch-through, and ricochets on hard surfaces. After exhausting its object punch-through, it will bounce on hard surfaces up to three times while overpenetrating enemies. This still does damage, mind, though kills with ricochets do not increase the combo bonus. That just feels... weird. While its slightly lower rate of fire can make it feel somewhat sluggish at close range, its overpenetration and ricochets should help with that, giving it excellent crowd control.

Also: Although the rounds aren't hitscan, they're fast enough you probably won't notice. Just like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Being non-hitscan is mostly an aesthetic choice so you can watch the vapor trail.

Aim for a line of enemies and see how many you can take down in one shot! This should feel rewarding, powerful, and like a tiny little sniper rifle.

Comparisons to similar weapons

•  Depezador Prime - the Depezador Prime has a higher fire rate, more rounds, and more crit. Especially after the combo. All this said, it's probably better at close-mid range, which is helped by the shotgun altfire. The Estampida has higher damage and status, though, and is better at long range.
    •  ...I don't know if this is true for the Telos and base versions, but I like the idea of the Estampida outstripping the base version of the Depezador.
  • Arca Scisco - The Scisco has higher magazine size and more crit. Also, it has a better scope, but less damage.
  • Knell - The Knell has higher damage (naturally) but nowhere near the crowd control. The Estampida still performs better in close-range gunfights, though both are outperformed in that respect by the Depezador. Though the Knell wasn't made for close-range gunfights. You can use the Estampida at close-medium range, it's just that there's better stuff out there. Better stuff that does not overpenetrate, but whatevs.

Artist Notes

First and foremost, let's talk about how this should feel. I toyed with making it 3-barreled, but that just... I just didn't like it. It didn't click with me. Finally, I decided that it should emulate one of my favorite revolvers in gaming - The Masher from Borderlands 1!

...Nah, I'm just kidding. This is meant to feel like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Which I expected to hate when I first used it, but in a weird way, it grew on me. The genuinely useful sight, the range, the way it felt so rewarding when I managed insane headshots (I still remember nailing a headshot with it when I was wallrunning at full tilt) with it, and the way it felt like a sniper rifle in pistol form. Considering the overpenetration and the fact that it comes with a pre-installed ricochet mod, it's probably like a pistol version of the Halo sniper. So if you haven't played Titanfall 2, just imagine this as the Halo sniper rifle in pistol form.

Now, art-wise, things get interesting. I love Warframe. I love Trigun. I love that Mesa is a walking reference to both Trigun and other Yasuhiron Nightow works, like Gungrave.

There's a lot of references to Nightow in Mesa's design - the little cylinders all over her call to mind the tubes that Nightow draws all over Trigun's spacesuits, the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave's twin Cerberus pistols, her outfit reminds me of Beyond The Grave (from Gungrave) and Brilliant Dynamites Neon, (from TRIGUN, SON! 🙂 ) the Mesa Falcon Helmet makes her look even more like both of them, her animations with the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave himself...

I even colored Mesa in reds and yellows just to make her remind me of Trigun. 

With all these references made, and a few more Nightow-styled weapons I want to do, (SOON™) I figured that a Trigun-like revolver was a fun idea. I tried to do this about 3 times, but each time I tried, they were just... well, either too silly, (like the time I went for a 3-barreled version because visual pun) or had relatively uninteresting silhouettes that really didn't preserve the, uh... Nightow-ness... of the revolver. It looked more like a Chiappa Rhino, honestly. Meh.

Then I finally had a breakthrough! I decided to add the hammer assembly of the Settler Pistol from Rage and various Mateba revolvers, for the sake of making a unique silhouette.

Some more fun notes about this, artistically: Yes, I did use the Clone Stamp tool to add in parts from the Knell. What're you gonna do about it? Also, one of the panels on the front, just above the barrel (Yes, the barrel is in the 6 o'clock position. This is fairly common) was going to be brown, but I changed that. I just didn't like it.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

Functionally? Really cool, and probably super satisfying to use.

Artistically (and this is nitpicking)? I feel like it’s not... ‘Tenno’ enough. It looks a little too modern, too ‘normal’.

It needs some exaggerated shapes ‘n curves to it, I feel. I can tell from the notes that you really thought this one out, and I feel like making it weird with 3 barrels would have actually been a great idea, as it would’ve made it stand out against the other revolvers we have out there (in terms of visuals).

To be blunt, and with no offence meant, it looks a little bland

13 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Functionally? Really cool, and probably super satisfying to use.

Artistically (and this is nitpicking)? I feel like it’s not... ‘Tenno’ enough. It looks a little too modern, too ‘normal’.

It needs some exaggerated shapes ‘n curves to it, I feel. I can tell from the notes that you really thought this one out, and I feel like making it weird with 3 barrels would have actually been a great idea, as it would’ve made it stand out against the other revolvers we have out there (in terms of visuals).

To be blunt, and with no offence meant, it looks a little bland

No hard feelings. I was worried the whole time it'd look too much like a Destiny handcannon or a Chiappa Rhino, (You've probably seen these in at least one sci-fi movie, they're basically the modern equivalent of the Calico SMG in terms of getting used as props) and I've always been of the opinion that the audience are likely to feel any of your criticisms but magnified. As for giving it 3 barrels, I wanted to, but it was just really hard to do that while making it feel like Vash's revolver. 

...This isn't sounding very understanding, I can tell, but the point is I get the criticism here cause I made those same comments while I was making it.

I'm glad you like how it'd function, though!

Tenno 'Estampida' Revolver

tenno__estampida__revolver_by_haruaxeman

"A heavy Tenno revolver firing heavy overpenetrating rounds for massive trauma. Comes with increased zoom."

Stats

32% status
15% crit chance
2.2x crit multiplier 
6 rounds

Special Traits

1.5x bonus on headshots (Yes, in addition to the normal 2x bonus on headshots. And crits. This isn't affected by mods. I'm not a monster, after all.)
Increased Zoom
High punch-through
Target Analysis-like combo bonus (like the Arca Scisco)

Description

The Estampida performs like a sniper rifle cut down to pistol size, firing massive armor-piercing, staggering non-hitscan rounds that overpenetrate enemies with ease and ricochet on hard surfaces. It comes with a zoom mode that can be activated by tapping the altfire key. Said zoom mode has more in common with the Veldt or Argonak, as basic zoom mode doesn't use a scope. 

It's primarily focused on impact and puncture, though it does have Slash damage. Again, I'm not a monster.

While it does come with decent crit that can be made passable with Primed Mods, status is likely the best place to go. Much like the Arca Scisco, it comes with a Target Analysis bonus that increases performance after repeated hits. Except in this case, it increases status duration and crit chance. It has no effect on status chance itself, because you'll probably build for high status anyway. I just didn't see the point.

The Estampida's rounds ricochet off a target whenever they've exhausted their punch-through. This still does damage, mind, though kills with ricochets do not increase the combo bonus. That just feels... weird. While its slightly lower rate of fire can make it feel somewhat sluggish at close range, its overpenetration and ricochets should help with that, giving it excellent crowd control.

Also: Although the rounds aren't hitscan, they're fast enough you probably won't notice. Just like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Being non-hitscan is mostly an aesthetic choice so you can watch the vapor trail.

Aim for a line of enemies and see how many you can take down in one shot! This should feel rewarding, powerful, and like a tiny little sniper rifle.

Comparisons to similar weapons

•  Depezador Prime - the Depezador Prime has a higher fire rate, more rounds, and more crit. Especially after the combo. All this said, it's probably better at close-mid range, which is helped by the shotgun altfire. The Estampida has higher damage and status, though, and is better at long range.
    •  ...I don't know if this is true for the Telos and base versions, but I like the idea of the Estampida outstripping the base version of the Depezador.
  • Arca Scisco - The Scisco has higher magazine size and more crit. Also, it has a better scope, but less damage.
  • Knell - The Knell has higher damage (naturally) but nowhere near the crowd control. The Estampida still performs better in close-range gunfights, though both are outperformed in that respect by the Depezador. Though the Knell wasn't made for close-range gunfights.

Artist Notes

First and foremost, let's talk about how this should feel. I toyed with making it 3-barreled, but that just... I just didn't like it. It didn't click with me. Finally, I decided that it should emulate one of my favorite revolvers in gaming - The Masher from Borderlands 1!

...Nah, I'm just kidding. This is meant to feel like the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2. Which I expected to hate when I first used it, but in a weird way, it grew on me. The genuinely useful sight, the range, the way it felt so rewarding when I managed insane headshots (I still remember nailing a headshot with it when I was wallrunning at full tilt) with it, and the way it felt like a sniper rifle in pistol form. Considering the overpenetration and the fact that it comes with a pre-installed ricochet mod, it's probably like a pistol version of the Halo sniper. So if you haven't played Titanfall 2, just imagine this as the Halo sniper rifle in pistol form.

Now, art-wise, things get interesting. I love Warframe. I love Trigun. I love that Mesa is a walking reference to both Trigun and other Yasuhiron Nightow works, like Gungrave.

There's a lot of references to Nightow in Mesa's design - the little cylinders all over her call to mind the tubes that Nightow draws all over Trigun's spacesuits, the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave's twin Cerberus pistols, her outfit reminds me of Beyond The Grave (from Gungrave) and Brilliant Dynamites Neon, (from TRIGUN, SON! 🙂 ) the Mesa Falcon Helmet makes her look even more like both of them, her animations with the Peacemakers remind me of Beyond The Grave himself...

I even colored Mesa in reds and yellows just to make her remind me of Trigun. 

With all these references made, and a few more Nightow-styled weapons I want to do, (SOON™) I figured that a Trigun-like revolver was a fun idea. I tried to do this about 3 times, but each time I tried, they were just... well, either too silly, (like the time I went for a 3-barreled version because visual pun) or had relatively uninteresting silhouettes that really didn't preserve the, uh... Nightow-ness... of the revolver. It looked more like a Chiappa Rhino, honestly. Meh.

Then I finally had a breakthrough! I decided to add the hammer assembly of the Settler Pistol from Rage and various Mateba revolvers, for the sake of making a unique silhouette.

Some more fun notes about this, artistically: Yes, I did use the Clone Stamp tool to add in parts from the Knell. What're you gonna do about it? Also, one of the panels on the front, just above the barrel (Yes, the barrel is in the 6 o'clock position. This is fairly common) was going to be brown, but I changed that. I just didn't like it.

Hmmmmm. . . I don't know how I feel about a "copied bonus" in the manner of the Arca S, but, I found the ricochet and headshot ones to be reasonably exotic. Could almost see someone going "full cowboy" and firing a round into the ceiling so it comes down into a shieldsmen's skull.

Aestheticswise, I both agree and disagree with Messir Jado's opinion. On the one hand, both the hammer assembly and your SPECTACULAR intermeshing of existing components with your own art style makes for a fascinating gun-piece overall.

On the other hand, while the back end is a spectacular barrage of uniqueness, there's. . . there's just something about the front end that doesn't seem. . . I don't know, "Tenno" enough. I feel like the barrel rail and the "under-nub" need more of an organic flowing style to make it as Tenno as you describe it to be.

Apologies if I'm just repeating other's sentiments, but, heh, hey, at least there's some critical agreement to it (or any criticism at all as opposed to dead silence.).

33 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hmmmmm. . . I don't know how I feel about a "copied bonus" in the manner of the Arca S, but, I found the ricochet and headshot ones to be reasonably exotic. Could almost see someone going "full cowboy" and firing a round into the ceiling so it comes down into a shieldsmen's skull.

Glad you liked the ricochet and headshot ones! (Though I have to say, if I have to get rid of any combo-like bonus, I'm keeping the status duration one. I like that one) As for the Wingman Elite, the inspiration behind the ricocheting, overpenetrating rounds, you can see it here:

It is profoundly frustrating to use at first, but it's so rewarding. Headshots with that thing just felt so good, because in a world of insane hitscan weapons I was going to town on people with a slow-firing revolver, one-shot headshotting them with a hipfire while wallrunning at 10 miles per hour, outgunning people with assault rifles and SMGs...

Fun times, Unus. Fun times.

38 minutes ago, Unus said:

Aestheticswise, I both agree and disagree with Messir Jado's opinion. On the one hand, both the hammer assembly and your SPECTACULAR intermeshing of existing components with your own art style makes for a fascinating gun-piece overall.

Spectacular?! Really now!

Thanks so much! That means a lot. The key is to abuse the Clone Stamp tool! ^~^ I used it to copy the grip's texture, and then the little... nubbly thing... in front of the cylinder. I used the eyedropper tool to copy the colors and add in any parts that the Clone Stamp hadn't been able to work in. I'm genuinely surprised that the nubbly thing turned out as well as it did. Funnily enough, the weird black texture on the grip outside the, ah... leather part? Wood part? That was sort of an accident, I was working with various textures, clicked on that, and liked how organic it made the grip look so I just went with it.

I'm glad you like the hammer - it's pretty heavily copied from this thing here. It looked like a suitably Warframe sort of hammer, so I figured I had to. I hoped that cribbing a lot from this oddball of a top-break revolver would help 

62193-3-1470252952.jpg

49 minutes ago, Unus said:

On the other hand, while the back end is a spectacular barrage of uniqueness, there's. . . there's just something about the front end that doesn't seem. . . I don't know, "Tenno" enough. I feel like the barrel rail and the "under-nub" need more of an organic flowing style to make it as Tenno as you describe it to be.

Perhaps it's too squarish? I could round off some of the edges.  I'm keeping the side panel, though. The front end is mostly inspired by this thing, btw-

1486471753_toz-81-mars-5.jpg

I could have made it look more like this, but... well, you know. A E S T H E T I C.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Glad you liked the ricochet and headshot ones! (Though I have to say, if I have to get rid of any combo-like bonus, I'm keeping the status duration one. I like that one) As for the Wingman Elite, the inspiration behind the ricocheting, overpenetrating rounds, you can see it here:

It is profoundly frustrating to use at first, but it's so rewarding. Headshots with that thing just felt so good, because in a world of insane hitscan weapons I was going to town on people with a slow-firing revolver, one-shot headshotting them with a hipfire while wallrunning at 10 miles per hour, outgunning people with assault rifles and SMGs...

Fun times, Unus. Fun times.

Spectacular?! Really now!

Thanks so much! That means a lot. The key is to abuse the Clone Stamp tool! ^~^ I used it to copy the grip's texture, and then the little... nubbly thing... in front of the cylinder. I used the eyedropper tool to copy the colors and add in any parts that the Clone Stamp hadn't been able to work in. I'm genuinely surprised that the nubbly thing turned out as well as it did. Funnily enough, the weird black texture on the grip outside the, ah... leather part? Wood part? That was sort of an accident, I was working with various textures, clicked on that, and liked how organic it made the grip look so I just went with it.

I'm glad you like the hammer - it's pretty heavily copied from this thing here. It looked like a suitably Warframe sort of hammer, so I figured I had to. I hoped that cribbing a lot from this oddball of a top-break revolver would help 

62193-3-1470252952.jpg

Perhaps it's too squarish? I could round off some of the edges.  I'm keeping the side panel, though. The front end is mostly inspired by this thing, btw-

1486471753_toz-81-mars-5.jpg

I could have made it look more like this, but... well, you know. A E S T H E T I C.

Earsplitting screaming midway through non withstanding, I think I get the gist of it.

Hahe, accidental tennofication on your part eh? "Happy Little Accidents" alla good old Bob Ross.

Ah, I get it, "sanding" the edges off just might work, give it less of a Corpussian feel.

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

Earsplitting screaming midway through non withstanding, I think I get the gist of it.

Nah, the earsplitting "REEEEEEEE" is totally understandable, Vaughny's being menaced by the Smart Pistol, a weapon so terrifyingly cheap and broken that it's far too sadistic for me to ever consider putting in the game.

17 minutes ago, Unus said:

Hahe, accidental tennofication on your part eh? "Happy Little Accidents" alla good old Bob Ross.

Something like that. I'm convinced that a lot of what looks like rubber or plastic on Tenno weapons is some kind of organic material (possibly living, possibly not) and the texture just felt organic, so I was all "Okay, we're going this!"

20 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, I get it, "sanding" the edges off just might work, give it less of a Corpussian feel.

Exactly that! I'm making some effort on that as we speak.