Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Grineer 'Mohb' Incendiary SMG

grineer__mohb__incendiary_smg_by_haruaxe

Primary Fire: Incendiary flechettes with guaranteed heat procs
Secondary Fire: Silently fire reduced-damage flechettes, and switch back to primary fire to remotely detonate them.

Special Traits:
Gas Recycler - Increases damage by up to 12% the lower the mag becomes. As inspired by Glass Half Full form Destiny.

Lore

Burn enemies to cinders with this Grineer SMG, or set traps silently and ambush your targets with  deadly immolating rounds.”
--Codex

A Grineer cased flechette SMG that fires incendiary ammunition that can be remotely detonated. Primary Fire shoots incendiary flechettes that deal guaranteed heat procs on impact, and Secondary Fire shoots them at lower velocity, rendering them near-silent. Having >24 of these active at the same time will cause them all to explode. Violently. A primary-fire flechette shot at them will also trigger the explosion.

A blue graphic in the reticle similar to the charge graphic will indicate how close you are to causing them all to explode.

If the Volsk is the Grineer AS VAL and VSK-94, the Mohb is a Grineer MP5. At the cost of lower damage, it boasts more balanced stats, higher fire rate, and higher range. It was built by the Ceres-based Corba Production Zone, at the joint request of both the Nightwatch Corps and Lech Kril’s Expeditionary Forces.

The rare Orokin components incorporated into its construction allow the exhaust gases and energy released by its firing to be re-channeled into the barrel of the weapon, increasing the power of each round the lower the magazine gets. Combined with a unique bolt carrier, this allows it to increase in fire rate the longer the weapon is fired.

While often used by Nightwatch Grineer, the Mohb also found a niche among the Grineer “Purgus” forces tasked with cleaning out Infestation from strategic assets and Galleons. It’s shorter than an Ignis, or shotgun, while having much more range. This gives it a unique niche in the Grineer army somewhere between assault rifle and shotgun.

It’s also found a surprising amount of use against Corpus auto-factories. While the magnetic-based shields are (moderately) fireproof,  it’s amazing what damage you can do against machinery just by setting it on fire.’

Grineer troops armed with this weapon can be a nightmare to deal with - creating fire traps to wall off various routes, setting Tenno on fire, chewing away at armor… and, inexplicably, having incredible jumping abilities and sticking to walls.

I should really make an enemy design to go with this.

Artist Notes:
As inspired by the caseless SMG  from the in-progress game Overdose, (as found on Moddb) and an MP5 Transverse Magazine which looks exactly as weird as this one does. I’m not kidding at all. Also, the foregrip comes from the AGRAM 2000 SMG.

I honestly had no idea what I was doing. I just really liked the silhouette of the gas tube. Then, meanwhile, the tubes reminded me somewhat of a flamethrower, and I knew I needed to do something incendiary.

I then remembered this weapon from SLA Industries that - according to the lore - somehow uses the spent gas from previously fired rounds to increase the damage of the next shot fired. I don’t think that’s possible (and if it is, I don’t think it’d be worth it) but that seemed like such a very Grineer thing that it had to be done.

Also, I liked the idea of another auto-spool gun. So it seemed cool. This is a strange weapon, to be honest - originally I just wanted an SMG, then it sort of took on this role reminiscent of the Thermite Gun from The Order: 1886.

And yes, I do plan to make an enemy design inspired by this!

Normally I'd color the thing, but I felt like I did such a good job shading that I should at least consider posting it as is.

Stats

Shared:

Magazine Size: 65
    Trigger: Auto-Spool
    Fire Rate: 
    Starting: 7.2
    Final: 13
    Spooling Period: 12 rounds
    Accuracy: 12

Primary Fire: Heat Flechettes
Guaranteed Heat Procs

Noise: Alarming
    Crit Chance: 22%
    Crit Multiplier 2.3x
    Status Chance: 18%
    Damage: 23
        12 Impact
        9 Slash
        2 Puncture

Falloff:
        Full Damage to 25m

Min Damage at 36m
        65% Max Reduction

Secondary Fire: “Firestarter” Flechettes

Noise: Silent
    Crit Chance: 1%
    Crit Multiplier 1.3x
    Damage: 3 Impact

Secondary Fire Explosion:
    Crit Chance: 26%
    Crit Multiplier: 2.7x
    Status Chance: 27%
    Duration: 3s
    Damage:
        4 Rounds: 30 heat damage
        8 Rounds: 60 heat damage
        12 Rounds: 90 heat damage
        16 Rounds: 120 heat damage
        20 Rounds: 150 heat damage
        24 Rounds: 200 heat damage

Blast Radius: 
        4 Rounds: 0.4m
        8 Rounds: 0.8m
        12 Rounds: 1.2m
        16 Rounds: 1.6m
        20 Rounds: 2.0m
        24 Rounds: 2.8m

Special Traits:

Gas Recycler - Increases damage by up to 12% the lower the mag becomes. As inspired by Glass Half Full form Destiny.

Incendiary Flechettes

* In primary fire, these do guaranteed incendiary damage.

* In altfire, flechettes do over 90% reduced damage… but they stick to everything, and they make no noise. Having >24 of these active at the same time will cause them all to explode. Violently. A primary-fire flechette shot at them will also trigger the explosion. A blue graphic in the reticle (similar to the charge graphic) will indicate how close you are to causing them all to explode. At 24, they explode violently.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Primary Fire: Incendiary flechettes with guaranteed heat procs

As soon as I saw the weapon the first time I knew it was going to do fire damage. I couldn't pin point why.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Secondary Fire: Remote detonate the flechettes to release a deadly heat explosion.

Cool

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Special Traits:

It does increse the weapon dps but not in way the player can easily tell. This kind of effect feels better in low fire rate semi auto weapons. Like you can do a revolver with a way stronger version of that passive and the last shot would feel good. Something like first shot does normal damage , second 1.2 damage , third 1.4 , fourth 1.6 , fifth 1.8 and the last does 2 times damage and causes an aoe explosion.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Secondary Fire: Remote detonate the flechettes to release a deadly heat explosion.

Secondary Fire shoots them at lower velocity, rendering them near-silent.

So which one is it?

Having >20 of these active at the same time will cause them all to explode.

Having >24 of these active at the same time will cause them all to explode

Uhh, again. Which one is it?

Other than those, the gun reminds me of my Grinbau and my Vulcanicor, kinda fused together. Seems cool.

Edited by HugintheCrow

53 minutes ago, keikogi said:

As soon as I saw the weapon the first time I knew it was going to do fire damage. I couldn't pin point why.

Probably because of all the tubes on the front making it feel like a flamethrower. That was what made me think "Fire damage," anyway.

55 minutes ago, keikogi said:

It does increse the weapon dps but not in way the player can easily tell. This kind of effect feels better in low fire rate semi auto weapons. Like you can do a revolver with a way stronger version of that passive and the last shot would feel good. Something like first shot does normal damage , second 1.2 damage , third 1.4 , fourth 1.6 , fifth 1.8 and the last does 2 times damage and causes an aoe explosion.

Possibly, but I liked the idea of harkening back to it in a full-auto weapon.

43 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yes.

You altfire the flechettes at something, and tapping altfire again to use primary fire (or, y'know, going over capacity) will detonate them.

45 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Uhh, again. Which one is it?

That one, though, that's what I get for making a last minute addition. My bad on that one!

48 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Other than those, the gun reminds me of my Grinbau and my Vulcanicor, kinda fused together. Seems cool.

Thanks for the feedback, dood - I'll have to check those out!

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Yes.

You altfire the flechettes at something, and tapping altfire again to use primary fire (or, y'know, going over capacity) will detonate them.

Something weird happened to your quotes, but I get it now.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks for the feedback, dood - I'll have to check those out!

The Grinbau is quite literally the first weapon in my thread, so that's an oldie. It's a grineer made bow, kinda like Rambo's explosive arrows bow combo.

The part that reminds me of your gun is this:

On 2018-07-25 at 3:43 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Innate: Heavy Detonite Casing Arrows: Arrows need to be fully charged before shooting. Arrows do not explode on impact. Instead, they inject their contents into the enemy hit. Each "Detonite injection" grants the explosion bonus damage, flat bonus to crit chance equal to this weapon's base crit chance as well as increased aoe.

Alt-fire: Trigger: Detonates all enemies tagged by the arrows.

Especially the altfire, lol.

Meanwhile the Vulcanicor is a Corpus smg that just fires incendiary ammo, so it fits.

On 2019-07-02 at 3:45 AM, HugintheCrow said:

Innate: Vulcan rounds: This weapon fires low-explosive, incendiary ammo.

Innate: Feel the burn: For each consecutive hit on the same target, next rounds deal bonus damage. This bonus is partially retained on kill, or fully retained on a weakspot kill (headshot). Missing hits lowers this bonus.

Dziewana 'Uhlan' Particle Beam

dziewana__uhlan__particle_beam_by_haruax

A recharging particle weapon that superheats targets with a needle-thin beam. Dziewanna engineers removed virtually all the safety interlocks from this weapon to help it keep pace with Corpus and Grineer.”

Weapon

The Uhlan Particle Beam superheats targets with a needle-thin particle beam, with an alternative fire that burstfires three deadly plasmoids that explodes on impact. There’s a number of ways it stands head and shoulders above other beam weapons of the system - extremely long range and crit, no ramp-up time. Unfortunately, this is due to absolutely unsafe construction which leaves it with a number of flaws.

Firstly, it has a tendency to overheat. During the weapon’s overheat period, the weapon is capable of firing anywhere between three and eight rounds which do increased damage… at the cost of inflicting some heat damage back on the wielder. To compensate, it comes with a robust cooling system, which is probably the only mechanism that is entirely safe. To activate this, simply take your finger off the trigger, switch to your secondary or melee, or hold the reload button. Either or. 

It feeds from a recharging battery similar to that of the Cycron or Fulmin. As an altfire, it automatically charges and then fires three magnetically-contained plasma spheres which violently explode on impact. While effective against shields, these spheres raise the overheat level at an incredibly high rate. At critical heat buildup, the gun will shut itself down to prevent itself from exploding. To force the cooldown period, simply hold down on the reload button. Or just switch to a sidearm or melee. Both are good.

There is no way to use mods to affect how the weapon acts during its overheat period. it’s very random.

Stats:

Shared:
Magazine: 75
Recharge Time: 2.2s
Cooldown Time: 0.7s
        2.1s (After gun has overheated
        (-50% total time while holding reload)
Recharge Delay: 0.3s
Rounds until overheat period: 20
Maximum rounds fireable during overheat period - 4-10
Increases damage by 5% per ammo unit fired during overheat period.

Primary Fire
Trigger: Continuous
Damage: 15
        9 Heat
        4 Slash
        2 Puncture
Critical Chance: 50%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 15%
Fire Rate: 12
Ammo Cost: 0.5 units 

Altfire
Trigger: Auto-charge-burst
Damage: 135
        Heat: 49
        Magnetic: 35

Blast: 41
        Impact: 10
Burst Count: 3
Charge Time: 0.5s
Ammo Cost: 8 Units (24 Total)
Blast Radius: 2.8m
Crit Chance: 19%
Crit Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 21%

Lore

Once upon a time, the asteroid Dziewanna - named after either a forgotten God or an Orokin hero, depending on whether or not you believe official Orokin records - was a military base. A blacksite that spent most of its time outside the system, reshaped by the Orokin into a space station all its own, honeycombed with tunnels and lit by the finest sun-mimicking technologies the Orokin could muster.

And, in the wake of the Red Orbit where the Orokin Empire was butchered in the wake of its greatest victory, the asteroid was quietly forgotten…

Until a fleet of Saturnian expats, Bidanian theists, and others landed on it, using it as a hiding place in the wake of the Saturn Invasion. They found an overgrown jungle, miraculously Uninfested, which grew over the gold and ivory of this Orokin stronghold.

With its Orokin-era resources, the culture of exiles on Bidan flourished. They built houses among the open spaces of the fortress, creating a brutalist architecture above the elegant gold and curves. According to folklore of Dziewanna, this architecture was inspired by both traditional Bidanian mythology and the deep grudge they felt at the Orokin for the thousands of years of torture and persecution the Golden Lords of the system visited upon them. They created new art and culture, and it felt that for the first time since the forgotten times before the Empire, they could finally live freely.

This changed when the Grineer attacked during an orbital cycle where Dziewanna came close to Neptune. Massive chunks of city were abandoned and became overgrown, infested by the natural flora and fauna of the asteroid.  Feral kubrow and geneforged species roamed the concrete-and-green jungles. 

It wasn’t long before Corpus attacked during another cycle.  While the periods where Dziewanna orbited beyond even the Outer Terminus were periods of relative peace, where Dziewanna could peacefully create art such as the Luxxum sculptures sold by Baro Ki’teer, other entertainment, and rediscover Orokin technology, the populace grew to dread the periods spent in the system. Each time, the Corpus or Grineer grew stronger and crueler. Once, pirates even attacked. More and more of the city was abandoned. 

It was from this atmosphere that the Uhlan was created. With each successive cycle, the safety interlocks were removed to make it as effective as possible against Grineer. While unsafe to use even through the fireproof suits of Dziewanna’s military, it’s proven very effective against Grineer flesh, easily liquefying it… and disrupting Corpus shields with ease.

Artist Notes:

Yep, it's still Real Warframe Hours (whomst up). As inspired by... yes, the Prothean Particle Rifle. Obviously. What can I say, I like its brutalist aesthetic. I couldn’t find out how to make the curve structures the same way, so I just copypasta’d them into this.  And also my favorite laser weapon in any game I’ve yet played, the COIL Laser in Syndicate. I loved that thing - but I remember it had a pretty noticeable cool down time after enough fire. And, much like this thing, it has a very powerful altfire that launches a wave of explosive doom.

The behavior during the overheat period is inspired in part by COV weapons in Borderlands 3. I wanted something that felt risky. Something that was utter meme bait with frames like Inaros, Nidus, and probably Oberon. Something that felt distinctive.

Also, if you’re wondering how exactly “auto-burst-charge” on the altfire works, that’s simple. It automatically charges like the Tenora (or the Cold War, if you’ve played Titanfall) and then burstfires. The orange and gray coloration takes some inspiration from the Promethean weapons in Halo 4 and onwards, though. It was tempting to have it be silver and purple - really, it was! - but this is already similar enough to the Fulmin, so purple didn’t quite seem like a good idea. This is going to get used on either a rocket launcher or grenade launcher at some point in the near future, so look out for that.

Plus, I actually like the aesthetic of Promethean weapons in Halo. The angular, simplistic gray yet alien looks, the fairly subdued orange glowing parts. It actually worked surprisingly well with the Prothean Particle Rifle!

The cutouts and Steyr AUG-like handguard are just some things I added in to break things up a little - to make it more my own thing. The hand guard’s actually a sort of reference to a pulse rifle model I made back when I played Destiny 1 and made my own foundry. 

As for Dziewanna, you’ll probably be seeing more of that very soon. Dziewanna is, surprisingly, not a place I made up! It’s a trans-neptunian object that has an elliptical orbit taking it far through the Solar System, and I liked the idea of that making it fairly safe from Grineer and Corpus.

(Probably not Sentients though)

The idea I had for Dziewanna is that it has a very brutalist aesthetic, (I like brutalism) reminiscent of the Oldest House from Control, built over Orokin white and gold. And it’d be sort of like a mobile Open World, except the environment in Dziewanna’s case would be a city - one that’s very overgrown in certain sections. I liked the idea of an overgrown city becoming its own ecosystem... and not going the fallout route and having it just be ruins. I like overgrowth. There’d be unique missions with very rare resources, hidden lore, and rewards like the Uhlan.

Of course, none of this is finalized, I already have another non-mobile open world concept in the works where I’m going to have to reinvent the wheel and make it different from PoE and Vallis, and I’ll already have to add new mission types.

Also I keep forgetting to work on Ganymede. So, I’ll have to get back to that once I’m done with drawing the next part of the city.

SOON™

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Dziewana 'Uhlan' Particle Beam

dziewana__uhlan__particle_beam_by_haruax

A recharging particle weapon that superheats targets with a needle-thin beam. Dziewanna engineers removed virtually all the safety interlocks from this weapon to help it keep pace with Corpus and Grineer.”

Weapon

The Uhlan Particle Beam superheats targets with a needle-thin particle beam, with an alternative fire that burstfires three deadly plasmoids that explodes on impact. There’s a number of ways it stands head and shoulders above other beam weapons of the system - extremely long range and crit, no ramp-up time. Unfortunately, this is due to absolutely unsafe construction which leaves it with a number of flaws.

Firstly, it has a tendency to overheat. During the weapon’s overheat period, the weapon is capable of firing anywhere between three and eight rounds which do increased damage… at the cost of inflicting some heat damage back on the wielder. To compensate, it comes with a robust cooling system, which is probably the only mechanism that is entirely safe. To activate this, simply take your finger off the trigger, switch to your secondary or melee, or hold the reload button. Either or. 

It feeds from a recharging battery similar to that of the Cycron or Fulmin. As an altfire, it automatically charges and then fires three magnetically-contained plasma spheres which violently explode on impact. While effective against shields, these spheres raise the overheat level at an incredibly high rate. At critical heat buildup, the gun will shut itself down to prevent itself from exploding. To force the cooldown period, simply hold down on the reload button. Or just switch to a sidearm or melee. Both are good.

There is no way to use mods to affect how the weapon acts during its overheat period. it’s very random.

Stats:

Shared:
Magazine: 75
Recharge Time: 2.2s
Cooldown Time: 0.7s
        2.1s (After gun has overheated
        (-50% total time while holding reload)
Recharge Delay: 0.3s
Rounds until overheat period: 20
Maximum rounds fireable during overheat period - 4-10
Increases damage by 5% per ammo unit fired during overheat period.

Primary Fire
Trigger: Continuous
Damage: 14
        8 Heat
        4 Slash
        2 Puncture
Critical Chance: 50%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Status Chance: 15%
Fire Rate: 12
Ammo Cost: 0.5 units 

Altfire
Trigger: Auto-charge-burst
Damage: 135
        Heat: 49
        Magnetic: 35

Blast: 41
        Impact: 10
Burst Count: 3
Charge Time: 0.5s
Ammo Cost: 8 Units (24 Total)
Blast Radius: 2.8m
Crit Chance: 19%
Crit Multiplier: 2.3x
Status Chance: 21%

Lore

Once upon a time, the asteroid Dziewanna - named after either a forgotten God or an Orokin hero, depending on whether or not you believe official Orokin records - was a military base. A blacksite that spent most of its time outside the system, reshaped by the Orokin into a space station all its own, honeycombed with tunnels and lit by the finest sun-mimicking technologies the Orokin could muster.

And, in the wake of the Red Orbit where the Orokin Empire was butchered in the wake of its greatest victory, the asteroid was quietly forgotten…

Until a fleet of Saturnian expats, Bidanian theists, and others landed on it, using it as a hiding place in the wake of the Saturn Invasion. They found an overgrown jungle, miraculously Uninfested, which grew over the gold and ivory of this Orokin stronghold.

With its Orokin-era resources, the culture of exiles on Bidan flourished. They built houses among the open spaces of the fortress, creating a brutalist architecture above the elegant gold and curves. According to folklore of Dziewanna, this architecture was inspired by both traditional Bidanian mythology and the deep grudge they felt at the Orokin for the thousands of years of torture and persecution the Golden Lords of the system visited upon them. They created new art and culture, and it felt that for the first time since the forgotten times before the Empire, they could finally live freely.

This changed when the Grineer attacked during an orbital cycle where Dziewanna came close to Neptune. Massive chunks of city were abandoned and became overgrown, infested by the natural flora and fauna of the asteroid.  Feral kubrow and geneforged species roamed the concrete-and-green jungles. 

It wasn’t long before Corpus attacked during another cycle.  While the periods where Dziewanna orbited beyond even the Outer Terminus were periods of relative peace, where Dziewanna could peacefully create art such as the Luxxum sculptures sold by Baro Ki’teer, other entertainment, and rediscover Orokin technology, the populace grew to dread the periods spent in the system. Each time, the Corpus or Grineer grew stronger and crueler. Once, pirates even attacked. More and more of the city was abandoned. 

It was from this atmosphere that the Uhlan was created. With each successive cycle, the safety interlocks were removed to make it as effective as possible against Grineer. While unsafe to use even through the fireproof suits of Dziewanna’s military, it’s proven very effective against Grineer flesh, easily liquefying it… and disrupting Corpus shields with ease.

Artist Notes:

Yep, it's still Real Warframe Hours (whomst up). As inspired by... yes, the Prothean Particle Rifle. Obviously. What can I say, I like its brutalist aesthetic. I couldn’t find out how to make the curve structures the same way, so I just copypasta’d them into this.  And also my favorite laser weapon in any game I’ve yet played, the COIL Laser in Syndicate. I loved that thing - but I remember it had a pretty noticeable cool down time after enough fire. And, much like this thing, it has a very powerful altfire that launches a wave of explosive doom.

The behavior during the overheat period is inspired in part by COV weapons in Borderlands 3. I wanted something that felt risky. Something that was utter meme bait with frames like Inaros, Nidus, and probably Oberon. Something that felt distinctive.

Also, if you’re wondering how exactly “auto-burst-charge” on the altfire works, that’s simple. It automatically charges like the Tenora (or the Cold War, if you’ve played Titanfall) and then burstfires. The orange and gray coloration takes some inspiration from the Promethean weapons in Halo 4 and onwards, though. It was tempting to have it be silver and purple - really, it was! - but this is already similar enough to the Fulmin, so purple didn’t quite seem like a good idea. This is going to get used on either a rocket launcher or grenade launcher at some point in the near future, so look out for that.

Plus, I actually like the aesthetic of Promethean weapons in Halo. The angular, simplistic gray yet alien looks, the fairly subdued orange glowing parts. It actually worked surprisingly well with the Prothean Particle Rifle!

The cutouts and Steyr AUG-like handguard are just some things I added in to break things up a little - to make it more my own thing. The hand guard’s actually a sort of reference to a pulse rifle model I made back when I played Destiny 1 and made my own foundry. 

As for Dziewanna, you’ll probably be seeing more of that very soon. Dziewanna is, surprisingly, not a place I made up! It’s a trans-neptunian object that has an elliptical orbit taking it far through the Solar System, and I liked the idea of that making it fairly safe from Grineer and Corpus.

(Probably not Sentients though)

The idea I had for Dziewanna is that it has a very brutalist aesthetic, (I like brutalism) reminiscent of the Oldest House from Control, built over Orokin white and gold. And it’d be sort of like a mobile Open World, except the environment in Dziewanna’s case would be a city - one that’s very overgrown in certain sections. I liked the idea of an overgrown city becoming its own ecosystem... and not going the fallout route and having it just be ruins. I like overgrowth. There’d be unique missions with very rare resources, hidden lore, and rewards like the Uhlan.

Of course, none of this is finalized, I already have another non-mobile open world concept in the works where I’m going to have to reinvent the wheel and make it different from PoE and Vallis, and I’ll already have to add new mission types.

Also I keep forgetting to work on Ganymede. So, I’ll have to get back to that once I’m done with drawing the next part of the city.

SOON™

So CoV ( boderlands ) weapon in warframe.

Got the inpiration right ?

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Got the inpiration right ?

...sort of, but I got there from a bunch of other stuff organically. A lot of it is the COIL Laser from Syndicate. I liked that thing.

Spoiler

The Overheat mechanics sort of came about cause I wanted to do something a little more interesting than "The Fulmin, BUT BEAM AND ROCKET LAUNCHER!"

I was gonna have a reload mechanic similar to Cov weapons on overheat, but... well, then you wouldn't be able to hold X to cool it down. That might be a silly mechanic, but I stand by adding it in for flavor reasons. Plus, if it overheats people are likely to just switch to a sidearm or start hitting things.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

..sort of, but I got there from a bunch of other stuff organically. A lot of it is the COIL Laser from Syndicate. I liked that thing.

Realy nice sound desing on that one. Eletric weapons offen feel weak due to weak sounds.

The Overheat mechanics sort of came about cause I wanted to do something a little more interesting than "The Fulmin, BUT BEAM AND ROCKET LAUNCHER!"

I was gonna have a reload mechanic similar to Cov weapons on overheat, but... well, then you wouldn't be able to hold X to cool it down. That might be a silly mechanic, but I stand by adding it in for flavor reasons. Plus, if it overheats people are likely to just switch to a sidearm or start hitting things.

Thr New manucfacters bonus in borderlands are realy interesting but they are either too hard to pull off in warframe or already exist in the game or they will suck due to diferences in damage scaling.

Torgue stick projectiles don't work because enemies dont have enought hp ( most of the time) 

Hyperion shield is amazing but it is hard to find the right scaling for the shield .

Dahl we already have weapons with mutiple firing modes.

Atlas. We already have the buzlock 

Maliwan. We already have the histrics ( khora signature secondary ) and charge time for auto fire are probably going to feel annoying.

Vladof . under barrel attachment are just alt fire. We have a lot of guns with these.

Tediore. I don't know if someone can pull those of outside of borderlands.

Jackob is exception, you can just slap that effect on a infested sniper.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Torgue stick projectiles don't work because enemies dont have enought hp ( most of the time) 

Ironically, I already did something like this at the top of the page. But I branded it as mostly for setting traps and combo attacks. 😛It helps that the original projectiles aren't actually explosive, anyway.

Honestly, though, I can't see a more conventional Torgue weapon with a small blast radius having much use here. If there's a direct damage mode, why wouldn't any of us just... use it? Y'know what they say. "Dead is the best CC."

Hyperion shield is amazing but it is hard to find the right scaling for the shield .

I'm actually planning on making one of these SOON™. You're absolutely right.

Dahl we already have weapons with mutiple firing modes.

Plus, Warframe already predicted the multiple zoom levels and different fire rates awhile back. I've already made an assault rifle that burstfires when scoped.

Atlas. We already have the buzlock 

Honestly, I feel like Warframe kinda nailed it with the Buzlok. It's simple, effective, and I can aim for the head. I'm definitely not using the tracker pucks. An Atlas-style rocket launcher isn't a bad idea, though, and I'm considering a slight variation on the Buzlok at some point in the near future.

Maliwan. We already have the histrics ( khora signature secondary ) and charge time for auto fire are probably going to feel annoying.

I've considered making weapons with charge time for full auto, but I could never really... hold on to the idea. You know what I mean? Though there is a charge autoshotgun idea I've toyed with now and then.

Tediore. I don't know if someone can pull those of outside of borderlands.

Tediore's GUNS WITH LEGS™ have already made such an impression as being a Borderlands Thing that I genuinely don't know how to make it not feel borderlands. The closest thing I can think of is our various spearguns, and that just doesn't feel very Tediore. They're not cheap, for example.

Jackob is exception, you can just slap that effect on a infested sniper.

Honestly, I don't really consider the crit ricochet part all that relevant. They're good crit pistols, as opposed to six-shooters that inexplicably hold like 10 or 12 rounds and fire more like semiauto pistols. I'd probably feel fine even without the ricochet. Besides, I already made a bunch of revolvers that'd work as Legendary Jakobs guns. Increased crit for each successive headshot, overpenetrating enemies and bouncing on hard surfaces, silencing with a scope and increased headshot multiplier, a charged-trigger shotgun, a revolver flaregun, creating explosions on headshots...

The idea of an Infested sniper with this is interesting, though. Oh yes.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ironically, I already did something like this at the top of the page. But I branded it as mostly for setting traps and combo attacks. 😛It helps that the original projectiles aren't actually explosive, anyway.

Honestly, though, I can't see a more conventional Torgue weapon with a small blast radius having much use here. If there's a direct damage mode, why wouldn't any of us just... use it? Y'know what they say. "Dead is the best CC."

I wasn't refering to the stick granedes I was refering to the stick( stacking sticks to an enemy , each sucesive stick deald more damage when they finally explode ) more nades to an enemy to deal even higher damage. That kind of mechanic is usually to slow for warframe. But I'm all up to torgue weapons in warframe , gauss weapon set is a god send.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I'm actually planning on making one of these SOON™. You're absolutely right

The best HP mechanic for the shield I could come up so far was . the shield can withstand a set number of hits ( 5 ) and when destroyed it will flicker ( the shield will be visually cracked , but will stop the damage anyways ) for 1 second. Reload the weapon also refills the shield. For faction I only see this working as cephalon weapon , the corpus could pull this of too but I don't think they would ( they don't realy care about the safety of their crewman).

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I wasn't refering to the stick granedes I was refering to the stick more nades to an enemy to deal even higher damage. That kind of mechanic is usually to slow for warframe. But I'm all up to torgue weapons in warframe , gauss weapon set is a god send.

The best HP mechanic for the shield I could come up so far was . the shield can withstand a set number of hits ( 5 ) and when destroyed it will flicker ( the shield will be visually cracked , but will stop the damage anyways ) for 1 second. Reload the weapon also refills the shield. For faction I only see this working as cephalon weapon , the corpus could pull this of too but I don't think they would ( they don't realy care about the safety of their crewman).

I feel like it'd work well as a weapon for Terra Crewmen, Alad's "Vapos" crewmen, and other very high-profile Corpus. Maybe also some MOAs. There's cool things I can do there.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I feel like it'd work well as a weapon for Terra Crewmen, Alad's "Vapos" crewmen, and other very high-profile Corpus. Maybe also some MOAs. There's cool things I can do there.

It has precedent , I sure corpus tech now can deploy a energy barrier . On moas I could see it in a new bursa model.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

In hindsight, bursa makes more sense, but maybe - since MOAs are so might lighter - there's applications to one. Decisions, decisions.

Here is how I see this. Players already associate bursas with reiforced moas so they just sound like the right place to implement this kinda of mechanic . how to justify ot lore wise?

As far as I know ot never directly stated but it is somewhat implied that corpus units usually have no armor becase giving them armor is more expensive them shields ( makes sense for a faction obsseded with money to try to cut down on cost). They have good amored units but they are restricted to a few elite (boss like ) proxies. With that information I think shielding technology is just cheaper to implement. 

So what if they created a new bursa using the energy wall shield (from the corpus tech ) , it would be a good way to save money.(replace the bursa textures to look more like a normal moa , the armor slabs are replaced with energy shields , while it bunkers down the weapon project a frontal shield to protect the Bursa. )

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

So what if they created a new bursa using the energy wall shield (from the corpus tech ) , it would be a good way to save money.(replace the birsa textures to look more like a normal moa , the armor slabs are replaced with energy shields , while it bunkers down the weapon project a frontal shield to protect the Bursa. 

I was thinking something similar. I feel like there's definitely potential in an enemy that works like mobile cover for Corpus.

was thinking something similar. I feel like there's definitely potential in an enemy that works like mobile cover for Corpus.

I've been waiting for an enemy like reinhardt (overwatch). The first time DE anouced a rework for nulifiers I got my hopes up and though they would remodel him to look more bulky and amored , and give him a frontal shield to protect agaist bullets and change the bubble to look like a Khora's 4 but made of energy ( this nulifier shield would only block skill ).

I all for a mobile cover bursa.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keikogi said:

I all for a mobile cover bursa.

It'd shake things up as opposed to throwing us off our rhythm. Remember when Noxes were terrifying? I can safely say I enjoyed that much more than Terra Crewmen who throw around knockdown effects like they're going out of style.

At least with Noxes I had control over what happened next, as opposed to lying on the ground impotently and hoping I didn't die.

Tenno ‘Neophytou’ Dual-Tube Shotgun

tenno__neophytou__dual_tube_shotgun_by_h

Primary Fire: Buckshot
Secondary Fire: Taser slugs

Lore

Tenno dual-tube tactical shotgun that fires buckshot and electrified slugs. Somewhat more like a shotgun DMR than a shotgun.”

According to various Old War records, some Tenno went entire missions using only this versatile, mid-range forward-pumping shotgun. It’s a shotgun of superlatives. Superlative crit, high accuracy that gives it a surprising amount of utility at even mid-range… and an extremely long reload eclipsing even the Strun Wraith. 

It has less damage than higher-gauge shotguns like the Corinth and Tenebrae, but it makes up for this through sheer volume of fire combined with precision. For example, a Corinth or Tenebrae will easily outdamage the Neophytou at short to medium range, (and both will crit harder due to higher base damage) but the Neophytou can deliver amazing at-range damage thanks to the final three inches of its barrel being rifled. You can fire for days with this thing, too.

This is all counterbalanced, however, by an incredibly long reload and a slow rate of fire. Thankfully, much like the Strun Wraith, its reload cannot be interrupted by moving. Firing, casting, or interacting with something, however, will. 

The Neophytou was created by the wartime Tenno Design Council to fulfill a specific role - something with the power and reliability of a pump-action, incredibly compact, and capable of blasting through Infested. This is supplemented by its powerful Taser Slugs, which travel at extremely high velocity. While less damaging than the shock delivered to organs or biomechanical components, the utility of Taser Slugs against mechanical enemies cannot be underestimated.

This ammunition was renowned for disrupting the magnetic-based shield technology utilized by those on the fringes of Orokin authority, reducing entire rooms of war machines to scrap, and subduing entire rooms at medium range. The Neophytou was a terrifying mid-range weapon for any combatant to face. While slightly less powerful in terms of status and (obviously) slower-firing than the Astilla’s slugs, they’re more accurate and longer-ranged.

Much like the Naga’s reputed feat of ending a Jovian war of secession before it began, a red-and-yellow Mesa Prime armed with a Neophytou is credited with destroying an attempted Industrialist settlement on the far reaches of the Empire, on Siaarnaq.

STATS

Shared

Fire Rate: 1.5
Trigger: Semi
Accuracy: 12
Magazine: 12+1
Reload: 0.5 per round (6.1s total)

special traits: Reload is tied to magazine size, similar to how my 15-round Riven modded Strun Wraith has a quicker reload than one with 10 rounds. Neat, huh?

Primary Ammo: Buckshot

Damage: 552
248 Slash
168 Puncture
136 Impact
Multishot: 8 (69 damage per pellet) (nice)

Crit Chance: 35%
Recoil: Medium
Crit Multiplier: 3.0x
Headshot Multiplier: 3.3x

Status Chance: 8.25%
Falloff:
    Full Damage to 24m
    Minimum Damage at 50m
    55% Max Reduction

Secondary Ammo: Taser Slugs

Damage: 200 (total)
    Initial Impact: 110
        64 Slash
        36 Impact
        10 Puncture
Explosion: 90 Electricity
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Multiplier: 2.9x
Status Chance: 26%
Blast Radius: 1.2m
                    (2.4m on direct hits)
                    (3.6m on headshots)
Projectile Flight Speed - 70 m/s
Range:
    Full Damage to 50m
    Min Damage 75m
    Max Reduction 60%
    Accuracy reduction at 67m
    Drop-off begins at 40m

Special Traits:
 Lightning Slug - electrocution radius of 1.2m is doubled on direct hits, and tripled on headshots.

guaranteed impact proc on direct hits.

NOTE: Despite the electricity and radius, these are… really not that much like grenades. This is a more easily aimed, more “realistic” sort of slug weapon with roughly the same drop-off as, say, an actual slug. Just adjusted for Warframe. While the stats I made may not be that workable for Warframe, the best way to think about it is the slug having roughly the drop-off and accuracy of an arrow from a fully drawn bow.

Artist Notes

The most important part here is, obviously, the buckshot. It’s the primary damage-dealing mode. To be honest, I’m surprised I made the Neophytou as interesting as I did. It’s… just a Neostead shotgun. But with a Tenno aesthetic derived form the Burston. That’s all this is. That’s all it ever was.

Originally, the Neophytou was going to be Grineer, but that was nixed because this felt too easy. Plus, the real-life Neostead is a sleek dual-magazine pump-action with a silhouette that reminds me of fish, it reloads like a break-open shotgun, and looks slightly like a double-barrel break-open shotty too. That is awesome, and there was a very Tenno feel to all of that. Seriously, look at a Neostead. I barely had to change anything at all about the design, it already looks very Warframe. I speak no hyperbole when I say I could just color it green and everyone would just accept it as a Grineer gun.

Because the Neostead is similar in a lot of ways to the Halo 1 shotgun, I went out of my way to give it some similarities to the Halo shotty - a similar rate of fire, (Yes, this fires slightly faster than the Corinth and Tenebrae! Neat, huh?) and the same magazine size, for example. Though the Neostead also holds 12 rounds so maybe that’s not quite an example.

Speaking of magazine capacity, this is yet another shotgun (the others being the Chadam and Tenebrae) inspired partly by my experience with the Strun Wraith. Except, unlike those two, this is very much Not A Status Weapon.

Honestly? The taser slugs were sort of… an accident. Well. Sort of yes, sort of no. I like adding ammo types to shotgun weapons in this game, because one thing shotguns are great at is firing multiple ammo types. Buckshot, slugs, at least two incendiary rounds, flashbangs, tasers… Yes, those are real, but I exaggerated a bunch of things here. I’m pretty happy with how they came out, and I can expect myself to redo them later for another gun. Another slug gun besides the Astilla seems like a fun idea.

But anyway, they came about because I was just thinking about all the shotguns I’ve made that have some kind of spammable and imprecise crowd control-focused altfire. There was the Poyang being an incendiary grenade launcher and the shotgun thing being sort of an accident, the Somesha’s flamethrower mode, (I may nix that. Or, if there’s a way to keep it while having the Somesha still be auto-spool, I’ll keep it. I don’t know yet) the Terminus firing one of the Astilla’s slugs, (Yeah, bet we all forgot about that one!) the Tenebrae’s explosive shot in pump-action mode, and also the acid grenade from that upcoming Grineer shotgun I’m making…

It was just starting to feel samey, so I started doing the same emergency retooling that gave us the Corinth’s airburst mode (I don’t like it that much because it just feels so tacked on, but that’s beside the point) and remade the slugs into something that felt more focused on precision.

Also, unlike the Astilla, the AoE happens regardless of punch-through. Which should make for interesting times aiming this weapon. It was tempting to have punch-through make them useless,  I will admit, but… well, I gotta design weapons so I’d  enjoy them, and the idea of an explosive weapon you aim to overpenetrate through enemies for maximum effectiveness was hilarious. Plus, this thing reloads as long as the Strun. I’d never force players to pass up increased reload speed on a weapon like this. I’m not evil.

Plus I feel like if I did, they’d probably put it on there anyway and ruin the alt fire, so… it’s just not worth it to have them only explode on impact and have punch-through destroy their effectiveness. It’s just not worth it, guys.

Aaaanyway, look forward to a Tenno shotgun (or Grineer, but probably Tenno) that uses this ammo type sometime SOON™!

(FUN FACT: The Mesa Prime referred to is my Trigun cosplay.)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36