The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De - You Used Up The Rainbow, Stop Monetizing The Same Garbage, And Make Some Textures!

pdxdubin

To be fair, each color palette seems to have a unique DirectX effect set with it, from what I've been told and have seen personally. The infested colors fade to different colors within the palette (DX particle effects fade from purple to green, etc). The Red-white-and-blue colors fade like that, too.

I could be wrong for most of them. But I'm just relaying what I've seen.

To be fair, each color palette seems to have a unique DirectX effect set with it, from what I've been told and have seen personally. The infested colors fade to different colors within the palette (DX particle effects fade from purple to green, etc). The Red-white-and-blue colors fade like that, too.

I could be wrong for most of them. But I'm just relaying what I've seen.

wat

I am not one to purchase colors very often; it took months before I finally did so.  I have purchased the Infested (pink, green, purple one) and the Flag color. 

However, I was completely unaware that the flag was 3 colors only, and made me feel totally ripped off once I got to use it. 

There was zero gradation in the flag and the Red is not a true red that stands out.  I expected variations in the colors; if not, make them truly vivd colors at least.

It totally felt like a money grab by DE and honestly leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

Really, DE should take a break from releasing new weapons and just make some skins. Right now we have, what, 4 weapon skins in total? And those are for weapons that most people don't even use! Imagine the possibilities one could have with the Glaive, or Hate (i'd LOVE Ruby's scythe in RWBY), or some gun skins! I just find it bizarre that DE would make something as essential to a gear-based game like inventory slots cost plat only while making practically all cosmetic skins (albeit with minor stat changes that sometimes actually get in the way of enjoying the skin) available through the odd random alert. Isn't that kind of backwards?

As for colors, it would be nice if the color packs had as much customization as painting cars in Saints Row the Third. Like, metallic colors, gloss etc.

I would prefer more body part skins like the helmets (the upcoming scarves, but also alternate armor parts, like arms, legs, and torso)

Was thinking about this as well.

The helms get more and more detailed and elaborate but the bodies stay the same.

But Im also not keen on having legs, arms and torso all sold separately and a situation arising in which you need to spend $20 for the set of body parts.

Adding to this, they also need more skins for weapons.

I mean really, look at the new ninja star weapon, who the hell is going to use that when kunai and despair are a thing? aside getting 3k mastery they're pretty useless.

Now release that same ninja star as a weapon skin and I would undoubtedly have bought it, just PLEASE NO STATS ON IT EVEN IF THEY ARE GOOD.

Well wheres I don't mind getting more palettes but I will say that most of them are useless and really not worth the money even if I'm wasting on them. I would be more than glad to get better palettes for that amount of money though and I wish this will be changed in the future for the better but is not a major concern at the moment.

Also, something that everyone seems to be missing the point on is that if they add textures (especially animated ones), then the lag problem will get a lot worse again.  Remember, latency is based on host.

Yes I agree

I will take the animated ones out and add some more metalic ones 

Not sure 'textures' is the right word here. What we need are patterns, like digital camo or whatever. Only problem I see is the implementation, which would probably require a lot of work to be able to do something other than the basic hue and saturation changes we do now.