The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno! We Attacc, We Protecc, But most importantly... [A thread poking fun of Ash Rework 2.0 salt]

CoolPsyco

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight of Dis said:

Side note: They will be refunding all focus spent. You're farming isn't going to waste. I don't understand where the idea that they're just throwing everything you worked hard for out the window came from.

Problem with it isn't that it will be refunded. Problem is I wouldn't spend money and time on it if I knew it would went to sht like that.

And focus is probably the least of the concerns, unlike warframes/weapons nerfs and arcanes rework. What is actually stopping them from removing or watering down rage or energize next, things peopel spend 2000 and 5000 for a set or countless hours of farming? Nothing. It doesn't feel like it's worth even farming for something in this game - a game that is all about farming. Same goes for resources as they just look how many players have on average and raise the bar so it doesn't feel like you achieved something after farming 100k oxium if in return you will need to spend 20k instead of 4-8 next time to build something. 

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Problem with it isn't that it will be refunded. Problem is I wouldn't spend money and time on it if I knew it would went to sht like that.

And focus is probably the least of the concerns, unlike warframes/weapons nerfs and arcanes rework. What is actually stopping them from removing or watering down rage or energize next, things peopel spend 2000 and 5000 for a set or countless hours of farming? Nothing. It doesn't feel like it's worth even farming for something in this game - a game that is all about farming. Same goes for resources as they just look how many players have on average and raise the bar so it doesn't feel like you achieved something after farming 100k oxium if in return you will need to spend 20k instead of 4-8 next time to build something. 

Im just gonna....

Put this... here....

*Maniacally laugh in vazarin*

Owh and also this...

s2fFDiV.jpg

Edited by CoolPsyco

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Should go into fanzone, but I can hardly blame you for posting it in GenDis to farm more salt.

You goddamn right.

this is actually the first thing that I really thinking about before making the thread. Then i realize i can farm salt with these "ASH REWORK 2.0" 2x Drop Booster.

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

What is the point in farming if you never spend it on anything so you have to go farming again? This doesn't seem like a game you enjoy, wouldn't farming simulator be better? You seem to want to get everything but never have to spend anything in getting them. I'm still farming resources for a few things I want to build in my foundry as well as the clan dojo, once I spend them, then I'll get what I was going after.

The only time it's really a problem is when you put all that farming in for no reward. Considering how irritated you are about it, I'm assuming you have either been well beyond the point where this is an issue or you're still very new and the changes are messing up how you planned to play to game. You keep coming back to how pointless it feels to play the game so I'll end this here. I enjoy the gameplay for now, I even enjoy farming for resources, relics, parts, and all sorts of other things I can farm in this game. If you don't then this game clearly isn't for you, at least anymore.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

If I have to hazard a guess, methinks the person is a poor soul who may have had quite the stream of bad luck. Could be things like "Armstice descending while they was trying to complete a Solar Rail", "The Great Hema cost-caper", "The Simulor Scandal", "the Tonkor Terror", and, of course, "Vault Roulette".

Just my opinion though, naturally could be wrong.

I don't even know what any of those things are... they sound like episodes of Scooby-Doo though. I like Scooby-Doo, great show. The new ones not so much.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Knight of Dis said:

I don't even know what any of those things are... they sound like episodes of Scooby-Doo though. I like Scooby-Doo, great show. The new ones not so much.

Ah, then you might be newer then I thought.

Ya see, back in the day, clans were once able to assemble solar rails that led to the most Infested areas of the Sol-Origin worlds where many resources and bounties could be had. These cost massive amounts of resources and, in addition, could be contetested over by other clans, leading to massive expenditures, bounties on people's heads, taxation, and much much drama. In the end, digital cancelled all taxes and froze the Sectors as they were, ruining many folks investments.

The Hema rifle had and still has abhorently high Infested resource costs for the nanite mutagen needed to produce it. It was especially high for giant clans, although many had been so "depopulated" by the loss of Rail warfare and player attrition that those with the greatest populations were essentially locked out of ever acquireing, especially since clans cannot cut costs by downgradeing to smaller clans.

The Tonkor and the Simulor were once the "keys to the high-level kingdom" as it were, incredibly popular group-crusher weapons due to sheer statistical power and an unintended side effect of its abilities, respectively. People invested massive amounts of Time, Forma, Platinum, and credits in their quest to create "builds" entirely centered around these weapons. Then, one day, Digital slowly but finally got to rebalancing the one and fixing the other weapon. The result? Rage.

The moral of the stories? Never follow builds, never follow whatever weapon is trending best, never be satisfied with the status que, and always live in a ghost clan.

Naturally, many many many MANY people hate these "teachings".

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Ah, then you might be newer then I thought.

Ya see, back in the day, clans were once able to assemble solar rails that led to the most Infested areas of the Sol-Origin worlds where many resources and bounties could be had. These cost massive amounts of resources and, in addition, could be contetested over by other clans, leading to massive expenditures, bounties on people's heads, taxation, and much much drama. In the end, digital cancelled all taxes and froze the Sectors as they were, ruining many folks investments.

The Hema rifle had and still has abhorently high Infested resource costs for the nanite mutagen needed to produce it. It was especially high for giant clans, although many had been so "depopulated" by the loss of Rail warfare and player attrition that those with the greatest populations were essentially locked out of ever acquireing, especially since clans cannot cut costs by downgradeing to smaller clans.

The Tonkor and the Simulor were once the "keys to the high-level kingdom" as it were, incredibly popular group-crusher weapons due to sheer statistical power and an unintended side effect of its abilities, respectively. People invested massive amounts of Time, Forma, Platinum, and credits in their quest to create "builds" entirely centered around these weapons. Then, one day, Digital slowly but finally got to rebalancing the one and fixing the other weapon. The result? Rage.

The moral of the stories? Never follow builds, never follow whatever weapon is trending best, never be satisfied with the status que, and always live in a ghost clan.

Naturally, many many many MANY people hate these "teachings".

I watch videos on builds, I even consider using some of the builds. Though I still put in the effort to learn what each mod does and how it affects the build. Good thing my clan is small and I'm one of two that actually play enough to put in time. Yeah, I just started around a month or so ago. I've seen changes come and go in a lot of games so I don't put much stock into endgame builds until I really hit endgame.