Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The growing bot problem

Teran0vA

4 minutes ago, RubenRosas said:

Well, if somebody can make a bot that is able to "farm Hieracon up to 1200 using visual cues", then [DE] seriously need to hire them to fix the AI of Kubrows, Kavats, Specters, Ghosts... F*ck, I'll even throw some money on a fund rise campaign to hire those people!  

its because its being done differently. the bot is being told to run across a certain path with the assistance of visual aids. so they have clearly mapped the entire corpus outpost tileset. but i doubt the bot would be smart enough to aim and fire at enemy's unless its just spraying in one direction. as to weather or not the bot is smart enough to know where to go when the next extractor location appears. its quite hard to discern. but 1 way id know for sure is its movements. i dont think the bot would be able to preform the complex bullet jumps> glide > slide and then mixing it to maximize jump length and speed.

11 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

its because its being done differently. the bot is being told to run across a certain path with the assistance of visual aids. so they have clearly mapped the entire corpus outpost tileset. but i doubt the bot would be smart enough to aim and fire at enemy's unless its just spraying in one direction. as to weather or not the bot is smart enough to know where to go when the next extractor location appears. its quite hard to discern. but 1 way id know for sure is its movements. i dont think the bot would be able to preform the complex bullet jumps> glide > slide and then mixing it to maximize jump length and speed.

Well let's combine those methods, obviously! Since I totally agree with the pseudoscience we are using in this thread, obviously!

Edited by RubenRosas

1 minute ago, DiBBz said:

But there's also keeping the extractor fed and preventing the Infested, particularly the carriers, from destroying it. Sure, an ember could take care of that, until a Disruptor ancient showed up. Also the energy tubes are finicky to pick up, so a bot would have even more trouble grabbing it.

3 hours ago, CrazyYanmega said:

But there's also keeping the extractor fed and preventing the Infested, particularly the carriers, from destroying it. Sure, an ember could take care of that, until a Disruptor ancient showed up. Also the energy tubes are finicky to pick up, so a bot would have even more trouble grabbing it.

point proven good sir. but as to the legitimacy of this guys claim that bots can run hieracon till 1.2k cryo seems a bit odd. where did he get this information from. confirmed by DE ??? video proof etc ??? wont really know because its word by mouth. or in this case word by words on the internet :P