Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basic (Non Prime) Frames Should be Guaranteed

BlackCoMerc

7 hours ago, SpoonyBrad said:

I'd appreciate it greatly if Warframe actually did guarantee drops of stuff like "basic frame components that you don't have" after a certain amount of grinding, although if, as other Tenno have commented, the very concept of grinding puts you off, Warframe is probably not the game for you. The idea is (at least in my book) to grind by doing the stuff you enjoy doing anyway; DE is the same company that co-developed most of the Unreal Tournament/Championship franchise, after all (and it shows), and it's not like those games had a significant grind component. I don't like blowing platinum on unlocking basic frames (not that it's stopped me from doing it once or twice; I'm willing to get my hands dirty sometimes), and some mechanic to actually guarantee "that one last part you've been trying to farm for 2 hours WILL drop this time" would honestly be an improvement in my opinion. Mastering that shiny new frame well enough that you aren't a burden on your team takes rather longer, anyway.

Sure, DE loses the immediate gratification of "players give up and spend platinum to just unlock it", but if they gain player loyalty? A player who gives up around Mercury is, I'd suspect, unlikely to chip in to their coffers much, while one who has hundreds of hours invested in the game is a lot more committed and a lot more likely to toss a few bucks their way (because Fashionframe is the true endgame).

I will never understand why people choose to jump straight to the assumption that a dissenting opinion regarding grinding automatically means that either "the game isn't for them" or that that person doesn't want to grind.

Check my profile. I have roughly 80% of all items.  I'm working on having 2 sets of all mods.  I have no issue grinding when I have to.  My comment was about how the game has gained enough content that it doesn't have to rely on endless grinding to retain players.  Ya know, that little part of my post you edited out.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I tend to disagree. Warframe , just like destiny, is about the great ,well made and near flawless core gameplay.

The grind is the excuse to get you to play thousand of hours instead of , let's say, 100 hours, then moving to something else.

That said, just because heavy grind is the norm doesn't mean it's a mandatory component of the player experience. The game could very well be redesigned to be less grindy, and it would still work. Heck, it would probably help attract new players (although it would also turn away some vets who would feel like they have nothing to do).

That said, it's not vets that farm starchart frames, it's new players... And I'm pretty sure the best way to retain players is not to have them repeat the same boss 25 times in a row because they keep getting a chassis instead of a system. Honestly, a system that checks your inventory and give you actual parts you need instead of stuff you don't need would be a godsend for new players, and would be a welcome change for everyone... Because running the same thing over and over again is not good game design. Reminds me of invasions , why does it have to be the bland , identical missions for a single reward. Just give the reward after a single mission and you'll save people time and effort.

Exactly this. 

I would even live to see planets have 3 mini boss missions and a final boss. Minis drop the parts, boss drops the BP.

That's still 4 mandatory missions to get a single  frame. Plus crafting times. That's plenty of wait walling.

But forcing people to run the same boss 10+ times...that's a good way to LOSE players.

So this is my recommendation:

3 mini bosses per planet, each dropping 1 frame part.

1 main boss, dropping the BP. 

All of these drops are guaranteed.

This would make frames dropped from Planets Guaranteed frames. Still requires making your way around the entire planet, as well as completing junctions, and crafting times waits. That's weeks, maybe even.months, of times. That's more than enough.

As for non planet drop frames...leave the grind for those. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I will never understand why people choose to jump straight to the assumption that a dissenting opinion regarding grinding automatically means that either "the game isn't for them" or that that person doesn't want to grind.

Check my profile. I have roughly 80% of all items.  I'm working on having 2 sets of all mods.  I have no issue grinding when I have to.  My comment was about how the game has gained enough content that it doesn't have to rely on endless grinding to retain players.  Ya know, that little part of my post you edited out.

I did not mean to cause offense, honestly (and quoting you within the same thread is not taking your statement out of context), but Warframe is a very grind-heavy game as it currently stands (although yes, as other Tenno have pointed out, Rhino is barely a grind), but there is validity to suggesting, for basic gear, "if you have parts A and B, and spend an hour or two grinding to try to get C, it should be a guaranteed drop". That shouldn't even be that hard to code, server-side; there's already a database that tracks player gear, after all, so it could just run a quick check of "does this player have the other pieces" before deciding what drop they get.

8 minutes ago, SpoonyBrad said:

(and quoting you within the same thread is not taking your statement out of context),

No, but removing 2/3 of it is.

9 minutes ago, SpoonyBrad said:

I did not mean to cause offense, honestly (and quoting you within the same thread is not taking your statement out of context), but Warframe is a very grind-heavy game as it currently stands (although yes, as other Tenno have pointed out, Rhino is barely a grind), but there is validity to suggesting, for basic gear, "if you have parts A and B, and spend an hour or two grinding to try to get C, it should be a guaranteed drop". That shouldn't even be that hard to code, server-side; there's already a database that tracks player gear, after all, so it could just run a quick check of "does this player have the other pieces" before deciding what drop they get.

We're well aware of how grind heavy the game is, the point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't have to be anymore.   It has enough content and engaging quests to keep someone coming back for months, even years with how fast DE turns out content, especially once DE starts fleshing out what we currently have.

And yeah, Rhino isn't really a grind.  Want a grind? Go for Ivara, Juggernaught bits, Arcane Energize, etc.

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

No, but removing 2/3 of it is.

We're well aware of how grind heavy the game is, the point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't have to be anymore.   It has enough content and engaging quests to keep someone coming back for months, even years with how fast DE turns out content, especially once DE starts fleshing out what we currently have.

And yeah, Rhino isn't really a grind.  Want a grind? Go for Ivara, Juggernaught bits, Arcane Energize, etc.

I'm removing zero of your statement this time. The game does have enough content that it doesn't have to be grind-heavy. The grinding, as far as this Tenno can tell, has one (and only one) major advantage: by taking longer to unlock new gear, it forces players to spend some time trying to master their current gear (not hit rank 30, but genuinely master it).

1st, if you don't enjoy grind, you shouldn't be playing warframe in the first place. 

2nd, patient is just what you need in grindy game like warframe, destiny, diablo, etc

3rd, If farming Rhino is boring to you, then warframe is not a game for you, because you have primes, equinox, Mesa, Nidus, etc to farm which is much grindy than say frame like Rhino, Trinity, Nova, and other frame that drop from boss. It took me 1 whole week to get my fav equinox, a week for mesa, and almost 2 week of spy mission for Ivara. So yeah, patient and you'll get rewarded 

4th, it only took me 3 months to get into sortie lvl without spending a dime(its subjective but you know what I mean).

In addition to that, warframe being a Free2Play game, It has to have some sort of "artificial Grind" in order to earn some platinum sales to sustain the game, and IMHO warframe is staying at that balanced point where the game is not too grindy enough to make you want to spend some money, everything in the game is obtainable by free if you put some time in it even cosmetic (by trading plat and stuff, excluding prime accesories and tennogen) which is locked behind a hard paywall on other game. Even Destiny 2 (doesn't mean to talk anything bad about the game tho, its a solid game for sure) is using one-timed used colour shader as a soft paywall to grab more money even tho you already pay full price of a AAA game. Changing certain blueprint to guaranteed drop would affect the economies of the game as a whole, so I don't think its a good idea and would hurt the game as a whole.

Edited by SANYA501
grammar=_=

If they are thinking of going to Destiny 2 over Warframe, they arent going to find what they are looking for there wither. Legendaries there number over 400, and you have to do an 7+ hour raid to get the chance at one item from that 400 item pool, and only 40 of those items are usable by your character, so you have a 1/10 chance to get something useful at all after a long-&#! raid, then its locked for 24 hours after you completed the raid, so for most people thats a 2 day wait.

Grind is a part of these games, its not really going anywhere.