Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we have harder MR tests?

Spartan336

43 minutes ago, (Xbox One)General D1rtbag said:

Once you hit that 15 marker that's when the game stops holding your hand on the tests

Not really. Less than half of them have any sort of difficulty. 

15: Interception test. Easy, but not trivial. Good as is.

16 and 18: Defense test. Trivial. Needs to be harder.

17: Timed exterminate test. Easy. I have seen a couple threads complain about it though (i.e. the test is doing its job. This test is good as is).

19: Stealth rescue. A bit too much on the punishing side. Stealth mechanics were much less punishing when the test first came out, so as such, it is harder than it should be. Doing it without redeemer + banshee or ranged melee is slow and agonizing. I would say the problem lies not with the test itself but stealth mechanics in general, so the test is fine as is, especially due to simaris's practice tests.

20: Go through the rings with archwing. Really dumb and stupid trivial. I'd say redo it entirely, but then people might complain about having to actually think about archwing.

21: Same as 17.

22: Arena. This did actually give me trouble, as the energy orbs never respawned and the third phase dudes were one shotting me. Fine as is.

23: Mobile point capture. I'd say it's a good test. Not really difficult though. Fine as is.

24: Operator test. In B4 the test either breaks or is trivialized with the PoE focus rework. Some threads complained about it being hard, but those were more of them not understanding how to properly use the operator's abilities or complaining that they had to actually use the operator in some capacity. I'm MR 22, so it's the only test I don't have access to, but I'd say it's fine, BUT with the PoE focus rework it could stand for a do over.

Overall, 16, 18, and 20 really need to be made harder. The rest are fine as is. Making the tests hard isn't exactly going to be terrible, as the option to practice them always exists (It's the only reason I don't have utter disdain for the MR 19 test).