Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating/Leaving Squads

-Krux-

Question

This is an odd question but it's something that bugs me enough to ask..

So, you can't invite someone by clicking their name to invite them to squad if you're not currently in a squad (ie. you just logged in. Try it, log off, log back in, try to invite without using the invite button at the top of your pause menu)

However, if you /invite someone while you're not in a squad, it opens a squad up for you - as you can see by the Squad chat icon popping up in your chat window suddenly.

Now how do you disband a squad if you're the last man? An effect that should close the squad chat, let's say, if you're the only person *in* the squad. I thought I knew all the /commands but maybe there's something like /leaveparty or something like that that I don't know of? Is joining someone else's squad and leaving it the only way of leaving a squad?

Perhaps to clarify, how would one leave their own squad if they're the last member of it without joining another squad for the sole purpose of leaving? Or just logging out and back in?

2 answers to this question

This is the behavior I see in the Xbox One edition:

• From your Orbiter, opening Navigation when you're not in a squad displays "Creating session..." and creates a squad.
  • If you exit Navigation while you are alone in the squad, you'll see "Deleting session..." and the squad is disbanded.  If there are other squad members, then the squad is preserved instead.
  • If you'd rather preserve a squad by yourself while using other Orbiter functions, you can open the Conclave console (which displays "Creating session..." and creates a squad) and close it, which doesn't disband the squad even if you are alone.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)cubeof11 said:

This is the behavior I see in the Xbox One edition:

• From your Orbiter, opening Navigation when you're not in a squad displays "Creating session..." and creates a squad.
  • If you exit Navigation while you are alone in the squad, you'll see "Deleting session..." and the squad is disbanded.  If there are other squad members, then the squad is preserved instead.
  • If you'd rather preserve a squad by yourself while using other Orbiter functions, you can open the Conclave console (which displays "Creating session..." and creates a squad) and close it, which doesn't disband the squad even if you are alone.

Ok - I just copied your steps for leaving a squad, works just as you described. Never realized that was a thing.. thank you.

Conclave panel: turn squad on, Navigation: turn squad off.

Thank you