Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC] Siren's Call

SpaceHelicopters

1 hour ago, Agent_Maine said:

-snip-

"Uh, hello?"

Kholdor was still in shock from his rather dramatic entrance. Not so much for his dire situation, but because the money needed to repair his ship, or perhaps buy a new one. All the money he had earned through such hard and demanding work had now just been reduced to a burning wreckage in the blink of an eye. As he stared back at the ship he occasionally called home, all he could mutter was the words 'money' and 'colony'. But he was brought back to his senses by a rather unexpected event. An actual person.

When he heard her speak, all of what had just transpired rushed back into his memory, and he did the only sensible thing he could think of.

"AGGHH" He screamed as he fumbled back, shocked at the presence of another living being. In hindsight, it shouldn't have been something to be necessarily surprised about but he couldn't contain his surprise. "How the hell ar- I mean who the you- I mea-" Kholdor silenced his bumbling nonsense and quickly tried to compose himself. He stood up and said to his new found co-habitant, "I meant to say, Who are you and how the hell did you get here?"

He took this as an opportunity to seize up the person in front of him, as did his companion. Sunik nonchalantly walked up to this new person, looking them up and down for any trace of food or entertainment as the Kubrow was now dreadfully bored with nothing to hunt.  Kholdor could only focus on the Arca Plasmor in the hands of this woman. "Additional question, that's not for me is it?"  He said.

25 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

"A Tenno?" Bornstella muttered. She then sighed. "I am Bornstella Versia. Yes, I belong to the species of Corpus, no, I do not work for the Corpus. I am a Scavenger who is here to find anything of profit to sell so I can provide for a Human Colony." Bornstella answered. She kept her eye on the Human and Kubrow nearby - they could recover and attack at any moment. Alexis beeped innocently. "So don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those rich Corpus aristocrats who take and take and take just to fill their own greed and corrupted desire." Bornstella added.

"And are you talking to yourself or some other person on this giant ship?"

1 minute ago, IrishHades1798 said:

Kholdor was still in shock from his rather dramatic entrance. Not so much for his dire situation, but because the money needed to repair his ship, or perhaps buy a new one. All the money he had earned through such hard and demanding work had now just been reduced to a burning wreckage in the blink of an eye. As he stared back at the ship he occasionally called home, all he could mutter was the words 'money' and 'colony'. But he was brought back to his senses by a rather unexpected event. An actual person.

When he heard her speak, all of what had just transpired rushed back into his memory, and he did the only sensible thing he could think of.

"AGGHH" He screamed as he fumbled back, shocked at the presence of another living being. In hindsight, it shouldn't have been something to be necessarily surprised about but he couldn't contain his surprise. "How the hell ar- I mean who the you- I mea-" Kholdor silenced his bumbling nonsense and quickly tried to compose himself. He stood up and said to his new found co-habitant, "I meant to say, Who are you and how the hell did you get here?"

He took this as an opportunity to seize up the person in front of him, as did his companion. Sunik nonchalantly walked up to this new person, looking them up and down for any trace of food or entertainment as the Kubrow was now dreadfully bored with nothing to hunt.  Kholdor could only focus on the Arca Plasmor in the hands of this woman. "Additional question, that's not for me is it?"  He said.

"And are you talking to yourself or some other person on this giant ship?"

Takar would suddenly have the Comms call end when Bornstella quickly jumped backwards, Alexis beeping in worry. "I'm not here to hurt you! Just a Scavenger!" Bornstella replied, still aiming her Arca Plasmor at Kholdor. "And this is to make sure you don't attack me. I'll only use it if I have to." She said. "More importantly, who are you? And why did you crash your ship into the hanger?"

3 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Evon, Frez, Kastor, Thraks, & Irritum

Though full, plenty of larger vessels littering the outside could serve as a proper bridge. Devoid of life, much less power, these ships would prove easy enough to board so long as the party involved possessed the ability to navigate their inner machinations to reach the installation itself. Additionally, the neglected ships themselves might prove to be possess promising chances at much needed supplies even before the installation, though certainly not anything of greater value than anything to be found within the greater vessel.

Alternatively, it would seem a rather visible opening has been provided by a more excitable entity, though this door doesn’t seem too great in promising ‘safety’. With this in mind, there are more than enough possible entry points opposite the impact site for the more discerning adventurer.

Frez decided on the largest/closest ship to dock with to get aboard the station. He still wasn't sure what drove him, but it seemed like a good idea. He placed the ship on autopilot, and gathered his weaponry and whatnot.

He already had a large backpack  (I always assumed Corpus not assigned to a ship would have to carry supplies somehow) full of enough rations to get him through a week, literally all the energy cells he had for ammo, and a few spare parts for repair. He had a Cestra in a holster on his hip, a Prova and Dera slung on his back, and a boxy Crewman helmet in his hands.

He placed the helmet on, and was greeted by a blinding blue light for a moment as the HUD activated. He immediately saw a clock and shield monitor in the corner of his eyesight. A moment later, he picked up a small/medium sized object. As soon as he had a grip on it, it unfolded into a small-ish Osprey proxy.

As the Osprey activated, a live feed from an attached camera showed up in another corner of Frez's peripheral vision. Finally, he felt he had everything he needed. Still nervous, but somehow vaguely confident in his abilities to not due, he walked back to the cockpit and checked the status of the automated docking procedure.

1 minute ago, Agent_Maine said:

Takar would suddenly have the Comms call end when Bornstella quickly jumped backwards, Alexis beeping in worry. "I'm not here to hurt you! Just a Scavenger!" Bornstella replied, still aiming her Arca Plasmor at Kholdor. "And this is to make sure you don't attack me. I'll only use it if I have to." She said. "More importantly, who are you? And why did you crash your ship into the hanger?"

"Operator, the current communication was cut from the other end. I did hear some vague screaming in the background. It sounded as if it came from a human male."

"I hope she took to heart what I said about not fighting each other. Try to reopen communication. And keep hailing the other Corpus vessel. Also, has Khastor responded yet?"

"Not yet, Operator."

This is getting crazy faster than I thought it would. I can only hope this doesn't dissolve into fighting just yet.

5 minutes ago, Daakjenaar said:

Frez decided on the largest/closest ship to dock with to get aboard the station. He still wasn't sure what drove him, but it seemed like a good idea. He placed the ship on autopilot, and gathered his weaponry and whatnot.

He already had a large backpack  (I always assumed Corpus not assigned to a ship would have to carry supplies somehow) full of enough rations to get him through a week, literally all the energy cells he had for ammo, and a few spare parts for repair. He had a Cestra in a holster on his hip, a Prova and Dera slung on his back, and a boxy Crewman helmet in his hands.

He placed the helmet on, and was greeted by a blinding blue light for a moment as the HUD activated. He immediately saw a clock and shield monitor in the corner of his eyesight. A moment later, he picked up a small/medium sized object. As soon as he had a grip on it, it unfolded into a small-ish Osprey proxy.

As the Osprey activated, a live feed from an attached camera showed up in another corner of Frez's peripheral vision. Finally, he felt he had everything he needed. Still nervous, but somehow vaguely confident in his abilities to not due, he walked back to the cockpit and checked the status of the automated docking procedure.

"Operator, that Corpus scout vessel you mentioned? The one that was low on power?"

"Yes?"

"It just docked aboard the target. Still no reply on the comms."

"Ok. Keep trying."

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

Just now, Agent_Maine said:

"Scavenger eh?" Kholdor said with an unsure look. "This must be quite the secret place then if only one scavenger is here."

Kholdor's mind began to pace rapidly when tried to think up a response to her questions. He decided to answer as best he could to the latter, but would choose to give a half-truth to the first question. If she turns out to have a bounty on her head, she might just shoot him down where he stands. "Well, I don't currently have any plans to lunge at ya, though my pup here might if you don't share food with him. He's spoiled like that."

"As to your questions, I was looking for someone who got lost out here. Goes by the name of Volk, about this high and had a weird looking chin." He tried to give as good a description as he could of this fake person, he would hope it would pass for now.

"I uh... I don't really know, to be honest. When I was looking for that guy I mentioned, I saw this ship out in the distance. I... I don't know how to describe it. It was like this place was singing to me, pulling me in towards it. I had to get in as fast as I could and next thing I knew I was about to punch a hole through this place at full speed." He motions to his destroyed ship. "That was my attempt at a graceful landing in light of the conditions."

4 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"Operator, that Corpus scout vessel you mentioned? The one that was low on power?"

"Yes?"

"It just docked aboard the target. Still no reply on the comms."

"Ok. Keep trying."

The ship had completely powered down comms to conserve power. There was going to be no response from the ship or the pilot anytime soon. It continued the docking procedure, and attached itself to one of the larger ships that was, in turn, docked with the station.

1 minute ago, IrishHades1798 said:

"Scavenger eh?" Kholdor said with an unsure look. "This must be quite the secret place then if only one scavenger is here."

Kholdor's mind began to pace rapidly when tried to think up a response to her questions. He decided to answer as best he could to the latter, but would choose to give a half-truth to the first question. If she turns out to have a bounty on her head, she might just shoot him down where he stands. "Well, I don't currently have any plans to lunge at ya, though my pup here might if you don't share food with him. He's spoiled like that."

"As to your questions, I was looking for someone who got lost out here. Goes by the name of Volk, about this high and had a weird looking chin." He tried to give as good a description as he could of this fake person, he would hope it would pass for now.

"I uh... I don't really know, to be honest. When I was looking for that guy I mentioned, I saw this ship out in the distance. I... I don't know how to describe it. It was like this place was singing to me, pulling me in towards it. I had to get in as fast as I could and next thing I knew I was about to punch a hole through this place at full speed." He motions to his destroyed ship. "That was my attempt at a graceful landing in light of the conditions."

"Yeah, it felt like the ship was pulling me in too..." Bornstella responded, almost moving into deep thought. Alexis focused its one glowing eye on her, and she quickly shook her head and regained composure. "Well, it seems that we aren't the only ones here. I got in contact with someone named Takar and they mentioned several larger ships nearby. So whatever scavenging I planned or searching you planned are going to be a lot harder to do." She explained.

1 minute ago, Daakjenaar said:

The ship had completely powered down comms to conserve power. There was going to be no response from the ship or the pilot anytime soon. It continued the docking procedure, and attached itself to one of the larger ships that was, in turn, docked with the station.

"Operator, the ship in question has full powered down. It's comm systems are likely shut off as well."

"By the Void! I was hoping we could help him. What about Bornstella? Can you recontact her?"

More people? Damn. Kholdor hated large crowds. It was too difficult to discern friend and foe in massive crowds, and Kholdor doesn't even know the faces of these other people. They could be rivals, people allied to aggressive factions or worse, Grineer. Regardless though, he would need to think fast and try to play nice.

"So it would seem, miss. So it would seem." In hopes of getting her to put the gun away and become a potential friend, Kholdor chose to break the tension first. He extended his hand forward and introduced himself. She seemed Corpus aligned at least, so surely she couldn't be all that bad. "My name is Kholdor, and that bag of fleas over there is Sunik. Nice to meet you miss."

Bornstella shook Kholdor's hand. "Nice to meet you. I am Bornstella Versia, and this little drone here is Alexis." She said. Alexis beeped, turning his glowing eye to stare at Bornstella, who sighed. "Excuse me for a moment, Kholdor. It appears Takar is trying to recontact me." Bornstella said, letting go of Kholdor's hand.

11 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"Operator, the ship in question has full powered down. It's comm systems are likely shut off as well."

"By the Void! I was hoping we could help him. What about Bornstella? Can you recontact her?"

Takar would have the call answered. "Sorry, Takar, got a bit of a fright meeting someone down here and accidentally ended the call. Everything's fine." Bornstella said over Comms to Takar. "What other ships are coming here?" She asked. 

Just now, Agent_Maine said:

Takar would have the call answered. "Sorry, Takar, got a bit of a fright meeting someone down here and accidentally ended the call. Everything's fine." Bornstella said over Comms to Takar. "What other ships are coming here?" She asked. 

"I can see one Capital class Corpus ship and two large Grineer vessels. One of the Grineer vessels seems to be heading away from the wreckage. The other two ships are just sitting there, for now. Probably preparing to board.

"I assume the person you found is the one who crash-landed in there? What is his name? And can you link him into this comm channel?"

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"I can see one Capital class Corpus ship and two large Grineer vessels. One of the Grineer vessels seems to be heading away from the wreckage. The other two ships are just sitting there, for now. Probably preparing to board.

"I assume the person you found is the one who crash-landed in there? What is his name? And can you link him into this comm channel?"

"A Corpus Capital ship? Goddammit, that old relic Faber better not have tracked me here." Bornstella muttered. "To answer your question, yes, it is the guy who crashed. He's named Kholdor. I'll see if I can get him into this Comm channel." She answered. Bornstella quickly turned to face Kholdor. "Hey, Kholdor, Takar is asking if you can be linked to the Comm channel we're currently in, so she can talk to you."

The General impacted the hull, causing a dull echo to resonate within the hangar.
Seemed longer than 10 seconds. He thought to himself as he cautiously looked into the hangar bay.

From the transport flew a small Sentinel, looking like an adorable cross between a Dethcube and a Shade. It locked onto Hexer almost immediately and flew over, hovering nearby.
"Ah, General! I thought you forgot about me!" Chirped the artificial British voice of the General Reconnaissance, Intelligence and Logisics artificial intelligence.
"I did. Sorry."
"No issue. Shall I scout ahead and mark anything inside?"
"Please do. And don't get yourself blown up."
"Affirmative, sir!" it buzzed, flying inside.

4 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

"A Corpus Capital ship? Goddammit, that old relic Faber better not have tracked me here." Bornstella muttered. "To answer your question, yes, it is the guy who crashed. He's named Kholdor. I'll see if I can get him into this Comm channel."

"I can see an emblem on the hull of the Corpus cruiser. My Cephalon has identified it as belonging to a Corpus mercenary group known as 'Origin Front'. Do you know them?"

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"I can see an emblem on the hull of the Corpus cruiser. My Cephalon has identified it as belonging to a Corpus mercenary group known as 'Origin Front'. Do you know them?"

"Yes, I know them. They're a Corpus military run by some guy named Sorvil Evon. My father - who is a Corpus aristocrat - has funded them before. Hopefully he isn't involved with them right now." Bornstella answered, while waiting for Kholdor to reply.

Jameson Worthington

Though perhaps the crash course was a bit overexaggerated, the quickly scattering fragments of the once knife-fighter would at the very least provide quite the inconvenience for Hexer’s shuttle crew. A timely reply may have to come at the sacrifice of some dents to the hull, but no immediate loss of life would be suffered so long as pilot competence hadn’t suddenly exited alongside their CO.

Kholdor, James, & Bornstella

A shrill, inhuman cry of violent intensity shatters the pleasant conversation in the docking ring; almost as though it were a delayed response to the one emitted by a certain human. Or perhaps in reply to the deafening tone of a ship once prisoner, now finding new freedom among the starry void.

Or the massive explosion that occurred there no more than fifteen minutes ago.

Regardless of the state of its invitation, the atonal beat of a myriad feet thundering down to greet the newcomers. Personal communications would flood their hosts with a deafening wail as garbled, high-pitched frequencies and scrap proxy language ravaged ear canal and logic center alike; a forceful pulse of electrostatic interference careening down hallways and converging on the hapless party gathering around the wreckage like moths to a flame. HUD information would begin spitting out incorrect information in response to the offending local frequencies, personal shielding devices would flicker as though registering damage, and all non-essential, low-voltage equipment would fry themselves to the point of uselessness.

Though no trustworthy visuals were making themselves apparent, it would seem those gathered would have very little time until such a detail corrected itself as the cacophonous echoing of footsteps grew greater in intensity with each pause between breaths.

To all outsiders listening in, from a technical point of view, it would merely seem as though their connection had been lost due to user error, and certainly no audible sound could penetrate the starry void.

Bornstella

Though difficult to discern glitch from reality at this point, should she have any remote access to monitoring her personal vessel’s status, they would begin throwing out reading of dramatic power hemorrhaging as it would appear her poor ship were being bleed dry alarmingly quickly by some unknown source.

Kastor

In his haze, Kastor would find himself physically face-to-face with the stale air of the “Fortuna et Ops” docking ring. It would seem that in the haste of the dream, he’d torn a burning trail through the Grineer galleon and come to rest at the port currently left to dock within the ring.

He wouldn’t have long to enjoy the haunting beauty, however, as the collapse of the gilded halls in his vision bore down upon him and sent searing waves of pain through skull. Shattered images stretched before him into infinity; warping themselves into black, jagged claws as a deafening clamor of hysteric laughter echoed off the walls of his mind with ever increasing intensity. Through the fold, he could feel nothing, not even the warframe standing no more than two feet behind him as this bizarre entity assaulted the very boundaries of his consciousness.

Over the course of an excruciating two minutes would the drone finally settle, leaving a sickening aftertaste of bitter bile in the back of his throat. Extrasensory feeling would return, but to an extremely dulled degree. Further, the entity that had plagued him so was far from gone. It could be felt in his periphery; watching and waiting for every opportunity to strike at his weakened form. Veiled in the shadows of this beast, he would be unable to find his link. Even the warframe next to him would appear blurry at the edges, meaning that remote connection without line of sight would prove nigh impossible. Like jumping between rifts without a destination.

To any monitoring his status via the fold, it would appear as though Kastor just suddenly vanished. No trace, no faint reading, merely absence where there was once something.

To make matters worse, it would seem his personal communications had failed at some point during either his dream walk or recovery of the collapse. But every grey cloud possesses a silver lining. Glimmering beneath a ray of dull starlight rests some scratching on the back of a maintenance console. Fresh, or at least fresher than any other marking marring all other nearby surfaces. A small puncture hole with a deep gouge running down its center and wreathed in a faint eclipse. Too much purpose to be a mistake. Too… Familiar…

Further detailed inspection of his surroundings would reveal more; a trail. Someone had been through here…

Frez

In relation to the Corpus, the closest and largest ship within range of his limping vessel would be a rather aged Corpus Freighter. Though it seemed like too rough a dock might scatter the whole thing into dust and gallium shavings, so long as he didn’t intend to scour the ship too long it might just keep form long enough to allow him relatively safe passage aboard the “Fortuna”.

"Thank you, young man. For getting me this far."

Aboard a tiny personal speedship, an old man wrapped in a rugged Meridian cloak stood before its loading bay. He had seen enough of the Fortuna et Ops while the ship cruised through on its approach. Now he waited with eyes closed, to clear his mind of irrational thoughts and the growing doubts that the initial sense of wonder and awe on sighting the vessel had quickly given way to. Relays, orbiting stations and colonies set up in vessels and asteroid bases were a common sight in his past few years of travel across space, but as an Earth dweller whom had lived all his life beneath a blue sky, he was quite unprepared to witness what lay before him. The excitement he felt had made him feel young again for just a few moments, until he noticed his pilot's mounting unease. Pointing out the numerous new arrivals did not help. While the old man was rather eager to meet new faces, the pilot wasn't very welcoming to interacting with others in a place like this.

The pilot shifted his ship into landing gear. "I still feel that taking you here is a poor way to repay you."

"But it was at my insistence. Whatever becomes of me is no responsibility of yours. And you were the only one willing and able to grant me this request, for which I am grateful."

The pilot was silent for several moments. His passenger possessed no spacefaring gear and suits, so he'd have to drop him off close to an airlock. And while searching for an opening into the inner docking ring seemed tempting - especially given the small maneuverable nature of his vessel, he didn't quite fancy getting closer to the other vessels that had arrived shortly before them. While visibly cloaked, his vessel possessed no signature masking, and despite its size may have already been detected by the other docking ships. That alone was worrying enough. Perhaps his best chance was one of the many larger, older vessels - hopefully with easily-bypassed security systems.

"I can try remotely opening the loading bay of one of these disused ships for you to alight. Can you make your way into the installation from there?"

The old man chuckled. Certainly there had been nobody better to ask this favour of. "Yes I can. Many thanks."

The pilot didn't answer.

6 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Kholdor, James, & Bornstella

A shrill, inhuman cry of violent intensity shatters the pleasant conversation in the docking ring; almost as though it were a delayed response to the one emitted by a certain human. Or perhaps in reply to the deafening tone of a ship once prisoner, now finding new freedom among the starry void.

Or the massive explosion that occurred there no more than fifteen minutes ago.

Regardless of the state of its invitation, the atonal beat of a myriad feet thundering down to greet the newcomers. Personal communications would flood their hosts with a deafening wail as garbled, high-pitched frequencies and scrap proxy language ravaged ear canal and logic center alike; a forceful pulse of electrostatic interference careening down hallways and converging on the hapless party gathering around the wreckage like moths to a flame. HUD information would begin spitting out incorrect information in response to the offending local frequencies, personal shielding devices would flicker as though registering damage, and all non-essential, low-voltage equipment would fry themselves to the point of uselessness.

Though no trustworthy visuals were making themselves apparent, it would seem those gathered would have very little time until such a detail corrected itself as the cacophonous echoing of footsteps grew greater in intensity with each pause between breaths.

To all outsiders listening in, from a technical point of view, it would merely seem as though their connection had been lost due to user error, and certainly no audible sound could penetrate the starry void.

Bornstella

Though difficult to discern glitch from reality at this point, should she have any remote access to monitoring her personal vessel’s status, they would begin throwing out reading of dramatic power hemorrhaging as it would appear her poor ship were being bleed dry alarmingly quickly by some unknown source.

Bornstella jerked in response to the sudden inhuman cry, stepping backwards, Arca Plasmor pointed to the source of the noise. "What the hell?" She muttered. However, she jumped in shock as her armor, her weapons, anything technological she owned started going haywire. Her HUD went crazy - with the Comm link to Takar ending abruptly as Bornstella's armor went crazy, with her personal shielding flickered and her HUD malfunctioning. Alexis beeped in fear, as Bornstella's pet felt a surge of energy fizz and damage it, just like Bornstella's armor. In the chaos, Bornstella's HUD managed to translate Alexis' beeps.

"What? The Ariidae is failing? By an unknown source? What?" She said, turning to Alexis. Alexis beeped, almost as if the Nemes drone was sad.

17 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

-snip-

Kastor

In his haze, Kastor would find himself physically face-to-face with the stale air of the “Fortuna et Ops” docking ring. It would seem that in the haste of the dream, he’d torn a burning trail through the Grineer galleon and come to rest at the port currently left to dock within the ring.

He wouldn’t have long to enjoy the haunting beauty, however, as the collapse of the gilded halls in his vision bore down upon him and sent searing waves of pain through skull. Shattered images stretched before him into infinity; warping themselves into black, jagged claws as a deafening clamor of hysteric laughter echoed off the walls of his mind with ever increasing intensity. Through the fold, he could feel nothing, not even the warframe standing no more than two feet behind him as this bizarre entity assaulted the very boundaries of his consciousness.

Over the course of an excruciating two minutes would the drone finally settle, leaving a sickening aftertaste of bitter bile in the back of his throat. Extrasensory feeling would return, but to an extremely dulled degree. Further, the entity that had plagued him so was far from gone. It could be felt in his periphery; watching and waiting for every opportunity to strike at his weakened form. Veiled in the shadows of this beast, he would be unable to find his link. Even the warframe next to him would appear blurry at the edges, meaning that remote connection without line of sight would prove nigh impossible. Like jumping between rifts without a destination.

To any monitoring his status via the fold, it would appear as though Kastor just suddenly vanished. No trace, no faint reading, merely absence where there was once something.

To make matters worse, it would seem his personal communications had failed at some point during either his dream walk or recovery of the collapse. But every grey cloud possesses a silver lining. Glimmering beneath a ray of dull starlight rests some scratching on the back of a maintenance console. Fresh, or at least fresher than any other marking marring all other nearby surfaces. A small puncture hole with a deep gouge running down its center and wreathed in a faint eclipse. Too much purpose to be a mistake. Too… Familiar…

Further detailed inspection of his surroundings would reveal more; a trail. Someone had been through here…

Kastor repetitively cursed his foolhardiness. Of course it was all just a ruse. This ships infestation was stronger then anticipated. He underestimated it, but he would do so no longer. He can also see how Minerva had gone missing within this ship, as similar circumstance probably lured her in as well.  He stumbled his way towards his Rhino and regained his bearings. He noticed the trail, and began moving toward it, but then stopped.

"The other Tenno" he stated to himself as a reminder.

He pondered what to do in this situation. The tracks could very well lead towards a survivor, and if he was lucky Minerva. However, he told the Tenno to meet him here. Either way, he had to be on guard, no more underestimation. He drew his Galatine Prime from its scabbard, holding it in front of him in defensive position. He also quickly activated his iron skin procedure. Shiny silver metal quickly enveloped the warframe. No adequately prepared and alert, he continued thinking about what he would do.

After some deliberation, he decided he was wait for awhile for the other Tenno. He assumed that she would already be on her way, and he hoped he could stop her from making the same foolhardy decision that he made. However, he would not wait forever, as he still had a job to do. Just long enough for her to make her decent.All the awhile he watched any entrances, any possible points where a threat could originate. Sluggy acts as a second pair of eyes, watching whatever door he is currently not looking at. He hoped she was a good fighter, as this ship clearly held more dangers then expected. 

Edited by GrimLandon

"Operator, a new ship has shown up. Communications with Bornstella have been terminated, and further attempts are met with static. Also, I am detecting a lot of movement within the target. It would seem the infested have noticed those aboard."

"Open a line of communication with the new vessel, and begin ploting a course for the last know transmission from Bornstella. At 500 meters, deploy Archwing. I'll fly into the crash site from there. Head back out after that. I'll send the Archwing back after I've landed."

"Not to intrude, Operator, but you seem a little...... frantic."

"I just lost all trace of Kastor, and of the other Tenno presence on the Derelict. Something is happening, and we can't figure it out from here. It's almost as if someone or something is staging things to force me to go in there."

"Then why would you go in, Operator? If something wants you in there, it is most certainly a trap."

"I know, Ordis. But I won't leave the others to die."

"Very well, Operator. Extending communications. Readying Archwing. Preparing flight path."

"Good. And Ordis?"

"Yes, Operator?"

"I'm going to be meditating. This hivemind feels different, more powerful. I can't chance approaching unprepared. So don't disturb me, unless the other ship replies to the hail."

"Understood, Operator."

What am I getting myself into?

14 minutes ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

Frez

In relation to the Corpus, the closest and largest ship within range of his limping vessel would be a rather aged Corpus Freighter. Though it seemed like too rough a dock might scatter the whole thing into dust and gallium shavings, so long as he didn’t intend to scour the ship too long it might just keep form long enough to allow him relatively safe passage aboard the “Fortuna”.

Luckily, the autopilot was good at the one thing it was designed to do. Frez checked his supplies one more time as his side of the docking tube opened. His osprey hoveres a few feet from his head at all times, providing a live video feed to Frez. His hands were shaking as he struggled to keep a grip on his Dera.

"S#&$." Hexer muttered. "Shrapnel coming your way, shuttle crew. Bolt! Now!"
The two drivers immediately set into gear, moving out of the way of the incoming wreckage. Hopefully it would merely be dents and scratches at worst, otherwise it was going to be another long day on the job.
"Ten platinum says this is a repeat of the Setup."
"I heard that. And hate to be a buzzkill, but if this is a repeat, neither of you are seeing that plat."
"10-4 command. Writing last will and testament now."
The general chuckled. That was actually a little funny. He waited until the knife-fighter had cleared before jumping inside, scanning the room with Harley in hand.
"Hello hello!" He shouted, voice modulated slightly by his helmet. "If there are any Tenno here, please announce yourselves so my nerves have no reason to be shot! And please tell me someone can hear me and I'm not just shouting into a vacuum!"

49 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

"Open a line of communication with the new vessel, and begin ploting a course for the last know transmission from Bornstella. At 500 meters, deploy Archwing. I'll fly into the crash site from there. Head back out after that. I'll send the Archwing back after I've landed."

"Not to intrude, Operator, but you seem a little...... frantic."

"I just lost all trace of Kastor, and of the other Tenno presence on the Derelict. Something is happening, and we can't figure it out from here. It's almost as if someone or something is staging things to force me to go in there."

After waiting for what was perhaps half an hour, Kastor decided that he needed to move onward. He worried for the other Tenno, as her not showing was more then likely a bad sign. However, he had to steel himself, and remember what he was here for. With that he drew his Hek, and begin following the path left behind, moving as quietly as possible. Only a fool would rush into a infestation such as this with reckless abandon. Meanwhile Sluggy moved quietly along beside him, silently beeping and booping all the awhile. Sluggly constantly scans for threats and more importantly, survivors. With as many ships that had pulled up recently, he had to imagine there were others lurking about within the derelict. Weather they had good will towards him, well, that was another matter indeed.

Edited by GrimLandon

"Maybe there'd be some robots or security systems left to break, it's no fun when all there's left is barrels and cra-"

Sab's voice choked out her speakers, every artificial fibre of her Warframe standing tensed still. The voice flowed through her mind, like a blade through her brain.

"No, she's compromising the pods! Subdue her! HOLD HER BACK!"

A clawed hand held the Valkyr's head, the Tenno stepping back as if dazed. What is happening? Why am I reliving this?

"Get them away, don't let the pods open! Get him away! GET HIM AWAY!"

Rasps and wheezes escaped her throat as the Valkyr desperately searched around her ship. She had to get out, she couldn't stay here. What was happening, she couldn't control, what had they done? Crushing head, the blade drawn deeper. Held back, holding back. Hands, pods, had no power, trapped! But power, power through the fingers, burning the palm. Need a constant, an anchor. Reality! Grip reality! Hysterical! She's hysterical! They don't die, but that one. Small. Awakened. Vulnerable! Him! HIM! HIM!

The Valkyr screeched and struck the Liset door as claws dug into her head, Ferrite splintering with blood flowing from the Infested tissue that consisted her frame. The doors hissed and Valkyr stumbled out in a desperate gamble to get away, but the voices only grew louder, more pronounced, more real. Guilt, betrayal, unceasing and unending, she heard, FELT it in her bones.

But this ground, the walls, familiar, warm, comforting, but they rejected her, she just had to return, return to how she was. Innocent, forgiven, vulerable! Sab would be vulnerable, weak! The Valkyr couldn't defend herself, they'd take advantage of her! But she had to. The warmth, so cold, she wouldn't survive, she couldn't survive!

So it was that the stumbling, crawling warrior god, caught in a seizing series of fits. So it was that in a brilliant golden light the Warframe stilled and, for the first time in countless aeons, its Tenno willingly emerged.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber