Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] Vor's Prize

serstel1

Just started warframe and did the quest "Outreach: E Prime, Earth" which is a spy quest to recover the comms module. I found the place really dark and could hardly see anything. I could definitely couldn't see the enemies unless they were moving or standing in front of something bright. 

I also noticed the simulacrum from various Youtube videos. It would be really helpful if it was available from the very start to better familiarize the new players with the buttons without thinking about the quest or getting shot. I tried both keyboard and X-Box controller and I still find it a bit hard to aim and move and do stuff. 

I suppose that these requests may sound a bit like a noob crying for stuff, but my previous experience in gaming was World of Warcraft and these parkour moves and the need to continually aim the enemies to shoot them, are quite overwhelming for a first time player. I literally have no idea if I will be able to finish this intro story-line.

4 minutes ago, serstel1 said:

It would be really helpful if it was available from the very start to better familiarize the new players with the buttons without thinking about the quest or getting shot.

There is already something for that.

Go to the Codex in your Orbiter, and check out the Training tab. There is a little page called Advanced Movement. It has an interactive tutorial in it.

I'm sorry to hear about your lighting issues, Tenno. I'm not quite sure what to say about those.

Welcome aboard, though.

Yeah. in terms of the tutorial, there is a tutorial in the beginning when you start the game. if that's not enough, like mentioned, you should do more of them, or play non-quest missions to get familiar (this could be better communicated though, I agree).

as for you not being used to aiming and whatnot, that's just familiarity and skill. all you can do is keep playing to get better, DE can't fix that for you. Coming from other games with more of an emphasis on control of your character and movements, as well as shooting, it wasn't as hard for me. which makes sense. nothing you can do about that, really