Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glass Is Half Full [Glass Frame Abilities]

IssaMoose

To preface what's to come, if anyone has anything that they'd like to add in, feel free to :D. With a title like this I look forward to comments on her abilities or mechanics.

I recently watched over Devstream 98, jam-packed with a lot of information regarding focus changes and Eidelons, however, I'd like to bat an eye towards the next non-prime frame to be released. I looked at the brief description of her abilities many times to ensure that I heard the developers correctly and watched over some prominent content creators view. In that, I've got a couple things that I'd like to see as well.

- "Shank"

Great idea, truly. But, I'm thinking with the sporadic path enemies follow, hitting some in a line is going to be difficult. And I understand bows and bullets have punch through because enemies are lined up. But what if you accidentally aim too far up or a little to the left and miss an enemy.

Well, Shank, could have a slight veering ability built in to sort of help direct and connect to more enemies. Maybe incorporate a straightening thing where the longer it's held the less it veers. It'd seem like the frame is controlling the glass sword and make sense as the longer it gets the less control she has. In terms of damage, I'm thinking somewhere near Volt's first ability. It's real good and balanced and not a death machine on some yarn (atterax). Finally, it'd be fun if upon release of the sword, it shatters inside and around enemies dealing (preferably slash) damage.

- "Shatter"

Hopefully this does slash damage, along with the bulk of her abilities. Because glass cuts and stuff, ya know? I'm thinking this could have some strong AOE damage with a short stun when an enemy gets caught in it. Logically, if someone is swarmed with glass shards they're sure as hell flinching. But these enemies are not the average human so they'll adjust fast to their new lifestyle. Damage doesn't have to be all that and a bag of chips (90's terminology), but it should be effective. Like constantly applying Frost's first ability-ish damage.

- "Fragment"

Great, but just 1 thing, maybe 2. Enemies struggling killing enemies. It just doesn't work that way, a level 100 bombard could shoot himself silly and maybe drop 20% health. Imagine when you cast the mirrors, damage you (and maybe teammates) deal within the radius of all the glass adds to the reflected damage. then this would be a good CC ability and also output some nice damage. But not enough damage to where when an enemy shoots it they instantaneously die. Maybe at the speed of Octavia's 1?

- "Ring"

Good stuff. Nuff said. Legit combine some really iconic abilities and you get this. But I just want to know a couple things. Will enemies be able to walk through when it hardens? Will is be bulletproof? How long do enemies stay frozen? 

Comment if you have some other things or just read about, have a nice one :D

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HAMMER???

I agree with the Mirror reflect damage ability. The only damage reflection I've found useful is the one Chroma gets with his Elemental Ward with Electricity as his element, and that is multiplied by several magnitudes. Damage reflection can be useful at low levels but around 20 even 100% damage reflection is just you watching painfully as the enemies chip away at their own health as if you were shooting them with an unmodded Braton.

imo the Shank's punchthrough is a step up from many other single target damage primary abilities. Some have AoE, others arcs, this one penetrates and immobilizes. I think they said it will deal an initial puncture proc then when released it will shatter and deal a slash proc. I think it will excel in crowds that are so dense you dont really have to worry about lining up many enemies. Just spam the Shank into their numbers, get some procs going, keep them from advancing a bit. Guess we'll just have to wait and see huh?