Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator customization options.

.Themis.

Well, since PoE is really close and it will introduce more gameplay with the operator, can we expect more customization options when it comes to faces and hair ?

Especially the hair styles, most of the available ones right now have a "punk" style to it and while i like some i'm not into that style, DE could introduce more traditional hair style for both male and female operators.

I don't know how to exactly elaborate on that, just want some old looking hair styles, like Samurai style or something.

5 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Yes. And more animations would be nice too.

That would be extra nice.

The more customization and "personality" the operator can have through items, cosmetics and animations, the better.

Because it feels extremely nice to make your operator reflect the apearence/personality of the Warframe, having more ways of doing so would be lovely.

3 minutes ago, Havarkus said:

personally, i'm hoping for some more somatic scars and just simple long, straight hair. maybe even an ahoge. :P that'd fit the whole 'Asia/Japan influenced' aesthetic they're going with.

Yeah, what i miss the most is long hair, the only one that is somewhat long, has a weird thing going on with the bang it has, looks really off.

And if they are feeling "multicultural" they could add some Celtic female hairstyles as well, as for Male hairstyle they could go with Viking haircuts.

I remember a devstream, long, long ago. Where they showed of new hair and faces and it was supposed to be released month or so after the stream. Yeah that was over a year ago and nothing was released. Which is sad, since with PoE focus is falling on the operator now and they still look like they came out of some crap low budget game. The body proportions are off, hair looks really bad, faces are ugly and don't offer enough customisation.

And, here I come with my standard response: Visual customisation options are great, but we also really need some way to have input on Operator speech and dialogue other than switching it on or off. The Operator dialogue pool is pretty bad, containing some absolute clunkers of voice lines, and it hasn't been updated since the Second Dream, nearly two years ago.

Giving us a dialogue wheel so that we can load it with the decent voice lines and remove the awful ones is something DE can do without even having to record any new lines. I will remind you, DE made a musical instrument with programmable tunes, its own mini-game style sub mode, and extra tones purchasable with Platinum, and they did that for one Warframe. They can program a dialogue wheel.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

And, here I come with my standard response: Visual customisation options are great, but we also really need some way to have input on Operator speech and dialogue other than switching it on or off. The Operator dialogue pool is pretty bad, containing some absolute clunkers of voice lines, and it hasn't been updated since the Second Dream, nearly two years ago.

Giving us a dialogue wheel so that we can load it with the decent voice lines and remove the awful ones is something DE can do without even having to record any new lines. I will remind you, DE made a musical instrument with programmable tunes, its own mini-game style sub mode, and extra tones purchasable with Platinum, and they did that for one Warframe. They can program a dialogue wheel.

For a brief moment there was an unintentional feature availble where you could choose an operator line. Maybe it will return in full in PoE.

41 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Sarcastic answers or bust.

My angsty teen needs to be angsy, otherwise the Rope play does not click.

I just want a solemn, composed space ninja/murderer. Someone whom you could actually picture meditating in the water gardens of the Dojo, contemplating the one hundred and eight Grineer whom he is about to kill.

From the moment I took off the mask at the end of the Second Dream, my Operator has been a shaven-headed goth mech pilot. I just want him to sound closer to that archetype than to the current standard of writing, which portrays the Operator as a stunned twelve year old.

Now, I am aware of the argument that this is the point, that the Operator is supposed to sound like a child who has no idea what's going on. My response to this is that that's fine, but it's been going on for two years now. Can we have an operator who sounds like they know what they're doing, please. I doubt that the intention is for the Operators to sound like they're stuck in an eternally immature Groundhog Day.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I just want a solemn, composed space ninja/murderer. Someone whom you could actually picture meditating in the water gardens of the Dojo, contemplating the one hundred and eight Grineer whom he is about to kill.

From the moment I took off the mask at the end of the Second Dream, my Operator has been a shaven-headed goth mech pilot. I just want him to sound closer to that archetype than to the current standard of writing, which portrays the Operator as a stunned twelve year old.

Now, I am aware of the argument that this is the point, that the Operator is supposed to sound like a child who has no idea what's going on. My response to this is that that's fine, but it's been going on for two years now. Can we have an operator who sounds like they know what they're doing, please. I doubt that the intention is for the Operators to sound like they're stuck in an eternally immature Groundhog Day.

I get where you're coming from, some of the stuff the Operator says is downright cringy.

About operators being "stuck" in their child form, so they act accordingly i really don't agree, yeah their bodies were in stasis but their mind were not, so they should've really grown even though their physical form didn't, imo.