The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person View

Herzen63

Whenever I first came to this game, I came to it because I was told it was an awesome game. When I googled it online, the first link however, albeit it being an advertisement, lists this game as a FPS (First Person Shooter) when it is not. I am used to playing first person shooters, and third person shooters throw me off greatly to the point I cannot stand them. If the devs in warframe wanted to bring in more players they should consider allowing both views in some way. Allowing either one would open the gates for this game to go massive with its player community. I've played multiple TPS vs FPS games and honestly, FPS games are much easier to play, while TPS are just too annoying for me to even try. Even if it isn't implemented, allow some way to get a similar FPS look while still being TPS standard.

i think a good way to keep the game TECHNICALLY third person, but feeling somewhat like a first person shooter, is to put the camera slightly behind the players shoulder, and to LOCK the camera, so u cant peek corners and such, thus giving it more of an FPS  feel, while by definition, remaining TPS.

I'd wonder what Warframe would look like in the first person. However most of the animations would be fairly gimped in the FP. The concept kind of reminds me of other games, but out of the recent ones I can remember is FireFall. But that's another game.

All I can say is it'd be interesting, however, DE has much bigger projects in store for this game.

Edited by Zeus154

Whenever I first came to this game, I came to it because I was told it was an awesome game. When I googled it online, the first link however, albeit it being an advertisement, lists this game as a FPS (First Person Shooter) when it is not. I am used to playing first person shooters, and third person shooters throw me off greatly to the point I cannot stand them. If the devs in warframe wanted to bring in more players they should consider allowing both views in some way. Allowing either one would open the gates for this game to go massive with its player community. I've played multiple TPS vs FPS games and honestly, FPS games are much easier to play, while TPS are just too annoying for me to even try. Even if it isn't implemented, allow some way to get a similar FPS look while still being TPS standard.

First person has, and alwasy will be a horrid idea for warframe. If you've played the game properly, you would realise this.

The game is too high paced, and focus's to much on movement in order to be a first person shooter.

nice talk but i wonder if you get ambushed form behind how wil you respond...?

even in a Duel in Clan some one use invinseble and you get stabed in the back you stil consider FPS?

nice talk but i wonder if you get ambushed form behind how wil you respond...?

even in a Duel in Clan some one use invinseble and you get stabed in the back you stil consider FPS?

Pretty much this is a reason why I'm against it. Field Of View is what kills most games in my opinion. I don't like the game placing horse blinders on me.

3rd person gives you a much wider view, on top of being able to see enemies that are behind you.

I would like to see a FPS view available, parkouring as Loki in FPS mode would be pretty sick.

Things that I don't like about first person:

No peripheral vision at all, third person gives the player vision all around. There can be so many enemies in Warframe, you have to have great vision of you surroundings.

In Warframe there is a customization element, making your Warframe(s) look a certain way. First person view this customization would only be for other players benefit.

They already said in Livestream 8 or 9 that they would not ever add a first person view, but they didn't say they couldn't change how the camera was placed. I'm speaking like in the middle of the shoulders instead of over one. This really bugs me (I'm OCD) and it eliminates a giant blindspot behind your character. Maybe they could just add it to the queue when pressing H.