Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Farming

Feldgrep

First, I want to say that I know that this has been talked about a lot. Now onto the rage.

I spent 3 whole days farming for Plastids and salvage. I got 17k salvage and 2k Plastids. That's not even half of what I need to build 4 weapons. I can't farm anymore, or else I won't be able to play this game until U10. That's how bad it is. If people ask for a summary of warframe, it's: Great starting. After that, it's just farming everything. But it has great potential.

Some ways to fix the farming issue: More resources per bundle. When one does come along, you get a good amount. Not 16 at a time.

More bundles. Increase the drop rate. Make resources drop twice as much, or scale with enemy level, just do something.

Decreased building cost. For the four weapons I'm making, I need 4750 plastids. I get an average of 50 plastids per 15-20 minute mission. That's between 23 hrs 45 mins and 31.666 hrs. I would need to farm for over a day. For 4 weapons.

Who agrees with me this game is centered around farming? Who thinks I'm an idiot and I need to go kill myself? Who really couldn't care less either way?

you expect to make 4 weapons just like that? seriously?!?! it is 4 weapons, it will take time stop trying to do to much at once or if you really want convenience buy plat. I think the drop rates are fine I have a lot of weapons that I built not bought and very few of them are actually level 30 because I like switching around and stuff, I don't have time to use them all.  

The plastid drop is quite low I admit. 15-20 I believe?

Anyways, be patient. Variate your gameplay so its not too repeatable. I mean hell, I wouldnt do that. I would rather get my stuff a little later, and keep enjoying the game. There are plenty to do!

Edited by Zareek

I go about farming in an odd sort of way.  I farm indirectly.  I know I need resource X.  I then in turn go to said planet and just keep doing the missions backwards and forwards.  Some missions are more abundant than others as they have more containers.  I am not a huge fan of doing just one map over and over (unless I really decide to farm a boss for something more particular than than a common resource).  I find that I am not actively counting or keep reminding myself how far I have to go.  I just do it and try and make the best fun of it and then at the end of an evening or every few days.

This is a motivational technique of not hyperfocusing on your goals.  Perhaps, you can come up more than one goal in the same planet that would introduce multiple rewards for you.

I hope you find your sanity point or a way that works for your style of play.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

Go to Cassini on Saturn... you get 100-300 plastids per run in less than the 25 min you stated.

Ive been doing this goal, I go and farm 250 plastids per day for a Fieldron/Mutagen/Detonite, and go to Xini and do some high waves to get at least 1-2 keys per day for the Prime weapons. While Im doing Xini I end up farming around 200 Plastids.. then I go back and fill in the last 50 and call it a day.

Now I need 5000 ferrite for my Ignis... so Ive put in a 1000 per day goal. That way it isnt stressfull and you can do other stuff you would prefer :)

But its not entirely about the plastids, all uncommon and rare resource drops are too rare at this moment. I'm only building one weapon right now but its taking me over 8 hours of gameplay just to find the morphics I need, on top of the other materials that need to be collected. The problem with farming is it turns into a boring repetitive task after a long time playing, and there is no concrete way to collect any of the rare materials along with some of the uncommon.

This is why you don't farm the same thing for over four hours. When I need a thing, I farm for max four - five hours, then I change things up. What else do I need? Do I need anything different? Are any noobs in need of x resource on y planet because mobs are z level? 

Thank you for the update Ced, its appreciated :), and MeteorKing, if you read around on the wiki and here, you will see that people have been doing the boss runs and many times at that. There are constant streaks of no rares from boss drops which is why I an others I assume are on this post.