The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think the DE should take another look at Bladestorm

bioned

39 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Again, a loud minority upvoting is NOT a majority.

And don't get confused by naz renaming his thread 10 times. His one thread was most of those threads. There was also his second thread where he decidet to sing a song....

I renamed it for Fun. And there were STILL 5 or so threads besides my own.

Just now, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

The ability is not interactive not cool not fun to play with and it almost ruins his theme

It's doesn't really ruin the theme, and it's kinda fun to use for about 5s, so there's that. Other than that, yeah, it's uninteractive, gets tedious after watching 6 or so clips from the bazillion it may do (assuming you have energize, rage and efficiency to fuel it) and it's mechanics are very outdated by the game's current standards.

It is actually extremely good as is, especially with covert lethality on. You can easily kill sortie level enemies while your teammates are busy getting one-shotted by a lvl 100 ballista. So, as far as I'm concerned his kit is perfect the way it is

PS (a fast dagger speeds up the animation)

Edited by Lholland

Something "cool and fun" is all opinion, I personally find using bladestorm more fun and beneficial than constantly spamming melee with excal's 4(call me weird, but I just do) , I don't see how bladestorm hurts Ash's theme of being a CQC assassin. A lot of 4th abilities need update/QOL changes, you might not like bladestorm's mechanics, but the ability can do it's primary function better than most other older frames' 4(like mag and saryn for example)

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101

33 minutes ago, Lholland said:

It is actually extremely good as is, especially with covert lethality on. You can easily kill sortie level enemies while your teammates are busy getting one-shotted by a lvl 100 ballista. So, as far as I'm concerned his kit is perfect the way it is

PS (a fast dagger speeds up the animation)

Eh... BS isn't affected by Covert Lethality...

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

A lot of 4th abilities need update/QOL changes, you might not like bladestorm's mechanics, but the ability can do it's primary function better than most other older frames' 4(like mag and saryn for example)

And you STILL fail to understand that high damage doesn't make up for sh*tty mechanics. /sigh

36 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

And you STILL fail to understand that high damage doesn't make up for sh*tty mechanics. /sigh

Idk, being able to clear groups of lvl 140 enemies in seconds, collect loot, and be invulnerable to all damage by just looking left and right 2-3 times makes it pretty worth. But thats just me.

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Idk, being able to clear groups of lvl 140 enemies in seconds, collect loot, and be invulnerable to all damage by just looking left and right 2-3 times makes it pretty worth. But thats just me.

Yes that is just you the rework only was there too nerf ash but it’s okay you can keep stating how you feel but I will always feel his 4th can be a lot better

Just now, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

Yes that is just you the rework only was there too nerf ash but it’s okay you can keep stating how you feel but I will always feel his 4th can be a lot better

Logically speaking, every 4th ability can be a lot better. In this case you just want ash to clear lvl 100+ enemies faster than what he currently can do.

It's this kind of mentality that creates power creep.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Logically speaking, every 4th ability can be a lot better. In this case you just want ash to clear lvl 100+ enemies faster than what he currently can do.

It's this kind of mentality that creates power creep.

I ain’t asking for him to clear 100+ enemies faster. It’s possible to implement any new 4th with the same damage capabilities as the 1 before. I ain’t asking for powercreep

20 minutes ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

I ain’t asking for him to clear 100+ enemies faster. It’s possible to implement any new 4th with the same damage capabilities as the 1 before. I ain’t asking for powercreep

Easier said than done. There's no real balanced way too keep the damage output of current bladestorm and dispute it differently without Turning it into a press4towin ability. that is unless you don't mind DE nerfing it's overall damage in return for a more "interactive" gameplay.

Nazrethim's bladestorm idea does try to please people who enjoy current bladestorm and those who don't. But it also encourages players to basically use it like old brokenStorm. Removing the whole reason to even bother with the melee part of exaltedstorm. Plus it would probably overcomplicate Ash's current simple playstyle. God knows warframe doesn't tell players much of anything like synergy.

Edited by (XB1)Angryspy101

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Easier said than done. There's no real balanced way too keep the damage output of current bladestorm and dispute it differently without Turning it into a press4towin ability. that is unless you don't mind DE nerfing it's overall damage in return for a more "interactive" gameplay.

Nazrethim's bladestorm idea does try to please people who enjoy current bladestorm and those who don't. But it also encourages players to basically use it like old brokenStorm. Removing the whole reason to even bother with the melee part of exaltedstorm. Plus it would probably overcomplicate Ash's current simple playstyle. God knows warframe doesn't tell players much of anything like synergy.

They can YouTube it or wiki it ... although they do need to add tutorials of it and there’s a way to go against it ..... add a cooldown meter to each combo forcing you to use different combos instead of just 1

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Eeehhh, adding a cooldown on something that cost energy would be a bit too much. Unless the cooldown was something like 3-4 seconds.

That’s what I was thinking just enough for you to cycle through most of the combos and decide which is more appropriate at the moment...... like once you use the multi kill combo it’ll be on cooldown for 4 seconds ..... which means you have to do the default combo or any other combo or wait til the timer runs out to use again

2 minutes ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

That’s what I was thinking just enough for you to cycle through most of the combos and decide which is more appropriate at the moment...... like once you use the multi kill combo it’ll be on cooldown for 4 seconds ..... which means you have to do the default combo or any other combo or wait til the timer runs out to use again

Seems reasonable, but IDK if DE would bother implementing the coding necessary for all this, or feel comfortable with Nazrethim messing with their spaghetti code.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Seems reasonable, but IDK if DE would bother implementing the coding necessary for all this, or feel comfortable with Nazrethim messing with their spaghetti code.

If DE let nazrethim anywhere near the coding they’ll watch him like a hawk ..... that being said ..... they probably would one day after they do other things on the important list ...... besides I’m in no rush any how plains of eidelon is coming as well as excal umbra ( who’s hopefully not just a dang Reskin for excal ) all this time does is give people more ideas of how any ult for ash or any frame can be improved on or implemented 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Actually I made it all as friendly to DE's current existing mechanics that it's merely a re-arrangement of existing assets. I know they are capable of doing stuff way crazier, but since it's a rework for a frame they already touched I just aimed towards something easier to implement.

I'm not claiming my rework idea is perfect, it's clunky in some areas and modding the frame would be a headache inducing task for anyone looking into specialized builds, but it's certainly better than "build for BS or build for what you want" state we have now.

Curious observation I made today, Ash is in the same position as Ember is with her WoF. Both are useless outside specific level ranges and very powerful in them, instead of being roughly as useful regardless of level.

2 hours ago, (PS4)kingbrown2012 said:

If DE let nazrethim anywhere near the coding they’ll watch him like a hawk

I don't want to claim I know how the Evolution Engine works, but I would be willing to crack it open, study it, and code the rework myself (with some help in the 3D modelling department from some friends, as that part is the bane of my existence) if DE gives me greenlight (which it's very unlikely due to a lot of legal issues as well as the potential ramifications of that, specially since I don't nor want to work for DE and be a DE myself, I'm content with being a player). Though it will probably be a broken mess since I have the bad habit of making overpowered stuff when I actually get to mod a game out of instinct instead of following something I wrote myself :P

..... that being said ..... they probably would one day after they do other things on the important list ...... besides I’m in no rush any how plains of eidelon is coming as well as excal umbra ( who’s hopefully not just a dang Reskin for excal ) all this time does is give people more ideas of how any ult for ash or any frame can be improved on or implemented 

True. After all, we waited almost a year for the revisit, and we've been waiting for a year afterwards, we can wait more. A simple "we are aware of the issues and we will look it up in the future" from DE would be enough for many.

Edited by Nazrethim

11 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

>fixing something unique the majority of people enjoy and doesn't need to be fixed a clone of something else cause PVP and not just using the original. -logic obviously.

please support your "logic"?

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Angryspy101 said:

Most people don't know this, but asking DE to remove ash from the animations and/or make marking faster, isn't going to slightly make the ability better, but would just make the ability outright stupid. Hence why DE ignores the hundreds of feedback that wants that.

Most people don't know this, but please read the topic correctly. Where does it say I want the animation to be removed? 

8 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Eh... BS isn't affected by Covert Lethality...

I'm fairly sure it does, seeing as I can take him on sorties and instakill everyone with a dagger, but without it I don't.

also, it counts as finisher damage as far as arcanes are concerned, so why wouldn't the finisher mods affect it as well?

Edited by Lholland