The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Topic Of Hate Towards The Drones!

Niennah

Well many of the better candidates for T3 void def can address them with varying effectiveness:

- Vauban - CC based

- Nyx - CC based

- Nova - Amp(lify damage) based

- Banshee - mini CC + Amp based

I'd hope you have at least 1 of the above, preferable 2 frames that covers both full CC + AMP with you on a T3 void def. Of course, with frosting on top.

Well many of the better candidates for T3 void def can address them with varying effectiveness:

- Vauban - CC based

- Nyx - CC based

- Nova - Amp(lify damage) based

- Banshee - mini CC + Amp based

I'd hope you have at least 1 of the above, preferable 2 frames that covers both full CC + AMP with you on a T3 void def. Of course, with frosting on top.

Drop the Vauban and Nyx, get a Frost.

I mean, I haven't seen a Nyx in action there, but I found Frost's Snowglobe being the only CC that is a MUST.

Nova seemed to run me through waves 20 -> 4 with a lot of ease, and Banshee's Sonar really helped on the last waves.

A Trinity COULD fit in a team. A Saryn also might fit in.

My ideal team is:

Frost (For the Snowglobe)

Nova (For the Molecular Prime)

Banshee (For the Sonar)

Any

Frost is the only MUST have, and you need to at least have one offensive warframe. I liked having a Trinity for "Any" to keep the offensive warframe's energy up (but is not a MUST). A Vauban is okay as backup if Frost falls asleep or something. 

I mean, I haven't seen a Nyx in action there, but I found Frost's Snowglobe being the only CC that is a MUST.

Nova seemed to run me through waves 20 -> 4 with a lot of ease, and Banshee's Sonar really helped on the last waves.

My ideal team is:

Banshee (For the Sonar)

Any

Frost is the only MUST have, and you need to at least have one offensive warframe. I liked having a Trinity for "Any" to keep the offensive warframe's energy up (but is not a MUST). A Vauban is okay as backup if Frost falls asleep or something. 

Pretty much this. although I would put Nyx for the any slot. As long as the nyx doesnt run out of energy its almost impossible to lose. Also chaos solves the drone problem because they will just attack the moa as soon as they're released and you can shoot them down easily. Then Nova + banshee is an OP combination. Molecular prime makes the enemies take 2x damage, stacked on top of the 500% sonar weakspot damage (even more if banshee has focus.) Then frost for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Duelshock

My ideal team is:

Banshee (For the Sonar)

Any

Pretty much this. although I would put Nyx for the any slot. As long as the nyx doesnt run out of energy its almost impossible to lose. Also chaos solves the drone problem because they will just attack the moa as soon as they're released and you can shoot them down easily. Then Nova + banshee is an OP combination. Molecular prime makes the enemies take 2x damage, stacked on top of the 500% sonar weakspot damage (even more if banshee has focus.) Then frost for obvious reasons. 

Saryn is also good for the any slot. As long as Miasma can kill at least a couple mobs, it'll power Molecular Prime up enough to rid entire crowds. Not sure how much this would help vs drones, though, since they're in the air.

Half the time I don't even notice the drone until I'm dead, anyways. Wasn't it much better when the Moa launched itself into low-earth orbit? =D

I tried Nyx, actually. The problem is, chaos doesn't guarantee the drone won't go for the pod, especially with recent AI tweaks. What chaos does, though, is making mobs damage moas long before they come into reliable shooting range, so they spawn drones early. Ugh.

Additionally, Absorb doesn't cover the entire pod and barely does any damage even with the whole team shooting inside.

Just control the drone, with Nyx' "1". Always helps, does tons of damage, and does zero dmg to team and pod :)

Alternatively use the "1" on ancient healers. Heals team AND pod, high healing values.

Edited by Chronodroid

My ideal team is:

Banshee (For the Sonar)

Any

have you ever failed? its 10x easier to fail with frost only than frost + vauban. those two trump everything and are your entire defense. bastille prevents fusions from burning down your pod, launching ospreys and they basically are THE most dangerous thing about defense. its why so many people fail at defense. if it werent a dps issue you could do t3 defense with just those two frames and nothing else. you stay in the globe and bastille/globe so nothing can get close enough into the globe to shoot you or the pod, the globe blocks out everything else. you literally dont need any other frames if you can kill them fast enough before your energy runs out from spamming globe/bastille. theres literally no way to lose like this as long as both stay up.

Use a Nyx and steal the Fusion MOA with your 1-power before it gets anywhere near the pod. Laugh like a maniac as it proceeds to lazor the crap out of everything.

EDIT: basically, what he said:

Just control the drone, with Nyx' "1". Always helps, does tons of damage, and does zero dmg to team and pod :)

Alternatively use the "1" on ancient healers. Heals team AND pod, high healing values.

Edited by DoomFruit

Am I the only one who has a problem shooting down drones because of the hitbox?

I have a fully polarized vandertron and it feels like I can only kill it aiming at its itty bitty barrel

No I deal with these on a regular basis in void exterminate and oh my god I end up running across half of the map just to keep distance and try and land a hit which usually never registers.