Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Abilities Preview

PsiWarp

So for those who might have missed it, Warframe Twitch stream today showed Shul and InexpensiveGamer playing on the dev build at DE headquarters (which you can rewatch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179684163). Around 1:33:40, we're shown Gara's Abilities page with some modding shenanigans going on (stats, aura, polarities). Around 1:38:45 both guys are trying out all powers in a Defense mission after leveling Gara a bit.

Spoiler

pb1pw.png

There is also more tentative information on the wiki page for Gara, for those interested in her modding potential.

So far I'm liking what I am seeing and hearing (the glass symphony whoa). She seems very strong both offensively and defensively, with surprisingly high directional cleaving damage and hard CC, plus damage reduction to make melee playstyles viable. Her 1st tap-cast doesn't seem to do much from the footage, though the streamers did prefer using the hold-cast a lot.

Her passive is better than I expected, especially since it works just like Radial Blind prompting Melee Finishers, so Covert Lethality can probably be a thing.

1 minute ago, giantconch said:

Sounds too good for a passive ability if she does for no energy cost what other frames need to expend energy for. How often was it working?

I didn't notice any visual cues on their Garas when the passive triggered, but from how often enemies were blinded on stream I'd say extremely likely whenever/wherever the level lighting is right.

She has pretty average HP, shields and armor, so I think the passive's alright to give her some protection in close combat. For ranged fights she'll need to supplement with 2, 3, 4.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

I didn't notice any visual cues on their Garas when the passive triggered, but from how often enemies were blinded on stream I'd say extremely likely whenever/wherever the level lighting is right.

She has pretty average HP, shields and armor, so I think the passive's alright to give her some protection in close combat. For ranged fights she'll need to supplement with 2, 3, 4.

Interesting. Something I'll need to actually play with myself then to see wether its too good or not. TYVM for infos!

I made an edit while you were typing, you catch the approximate range on it?

Edited by giantconch

Just now, giantconch said:

Interesting. Something I'll need to actually play with myself then to see wether or not its too good or not. TYVM for infos!

I made an edit while you were typing, you catch the approximate range on it?

Since there were two of them it's hard to estimate. Eyeing just one of their screens I'd say give or take 10 to 15 meters.

4 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Since there were two of them it's hard to estimate. Eyeing just one of their screens I'd say give or take 10 to 15 meters.

Alrighty, if thats what it is thats not too overpowered good. Unmodded excals blind is 25m at rank 30 costing 50 energy.

Thanks for taking the time to look as well, I'd look myself but no, cuz reasons...

One final Q though, could you tell about what the duration was on the blind?