Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Ivara Augments

(PSN)Irith915

After played with Ivara for some time a have a thoughts "So this is this frame. Just jump into prowl and steal energy orbs and aim to the head. Sometime maybe use Noisemaker arrow and sleep arrow for dagger kills. But with Prowl (and if you play solo), the Stealth arrow is pretty useless" I don't say Ivara is boring. I found her really funny frame. But... yeah, there's this BUT. Ivara is ARCHER damn it. And her arrows is not that useful.

So I have an idea for Her arrows and that's means a Quiver Augment. And the Prowl ability ;)

1# So for first shoot our Prowl Ability. I really think at first that this was Loki invisibility on crack but no. Ivara is sloooow as hell. So this Augment will make Ivara only a little slower (like 10-15% slower). But She is invisible only on same distance. So if She will be to close to enemy, They will see Her. And this Ability allow her to Bullet Jump, run and slide but it will make distance at they see her - bigger. And not moving will make distance smaller. And this distance is shown as circle around Ivara.

2# Stealth arrow: For long time I wasn't have a smallest idea for change this ablility...
First is: you can walk away from bubble and be invisible but you must crouch to stay invisible longer (it's for other player so they will have a chance to hide when bubble are going down). You can run and bullet jump but invisibility will be drastically shortened. And second. This change is exactly to makes enemies invisible too ... Yes, you read good ENEMIES to become invisible to other enemies. I hear your thoughts right now "WTF man? Why makes enemies invisible?" Put your Soma's and Dread's away. The point is to kill enemies in groups without alarming each other. 

Example. You're running with Dread and there is.... FOUR Heavy Gunner. it's 100 lvl. And you don't have Covert Lethality and don't want to alarm them. But They look at each other. (Augment change Sleep arrow). So makes Enemies invisible and shoot one in the head, kill them and another, The same Example goes to other units.

3# Noisemaker arrow: This arrow, hmmmmmm..... this arrow makes sound. So why this sound basically can't makes vibration to strip enemy armor? I really don't have any idea to this ability so if you have something. JUST WRITE IT!

4# Dashwire arrow: First you shoot where the string will be hooked but there's second shoot where end of our string will be hoocked. The string will make enemies to fall to ground and have chance to slash proc (or maybe just be slowed down). But this is decision of DE.

Idea here is to make Dashwire arrow more than just ablility to make new road. Becuase why not use string as a tool for safety our backside or as a trap?

5# Sleep arrow: And our Sleep arrow. I think about this ability for sooooo damn long. Even longer after making Stealth arrow a enemy invisibility. Why don't make this a Poison arrow? In some way Sleep arrow probably have poison to sleep enemy that fast? So this arrow gives enemies toxic proc in some area. (Damage will scale with Power Strenght and duration with Power Duration.) But here's a catch. Enemy will notice that something is wrong with him when arrive to some health level. (Mods will be able to kill them with poison without makes them notice wtf is going on)

Here's all. I wanted here to makes Her more like stealth Archer killer and infiltrator but no Prowl runner and Head Shooter. 
Equipped with a diverse selection of arrows, deft hands, shroud of stealth (Not walking ghost even it is one centemeter behind enemies) and an exalted bow, the crafty Ivara infiltrates hostile territory with deception and diversion, and eliminates threats with a shot from beyond. Ivara emerged in Update 18.0.

Sooooo,what do you think about it? 
Edited by (PS4)Irith915

Maybe an "augment mod" that doesn't "augment" the 4 arrows ability, but it rather change it to another 4 completely different arrows.
Kind of... an arrow that makes a puddle of glue on contact, so you can shoot at a wall and stick to it (without pressing any button) for the duration of the puddle.
It could be usefull for Rivens that ask you to kill a number of enemies without touching the floor... (but very useless for everything else. haha)

Another one could be an explosive arrow. so you dont need the mod to do it.

... a charming arrow... like a cupid? xD

I dunno...

There is nothing wrong with her abilities.

You can't use an energy pad while you have prowl toggled. You CAN get energy while you use the stealth arrow so it isnt useless. Also loud weapons breaks the prowl cloak. Loud weapons DOES NOT break cloak while using the stealth arrow. 

There is already an augment that makes her faster. Add that mod with power strength and you move extremely fast while invisible. 

You can shoot a noise arrow at a wall to detour enemies away from an area so you can sneak past without ever drawing your weapon or to get them into position for stealth melee attacks. 

It seems to me that you are trying to suggest changes to a frame that you actually no nothing about her abilities or how to use them. 

Source: Ivara is one of my 2 main frames. 

19 hours ago, BemoGuinness said:

There is nothing wrong with her abilities.

You can't use an energy pad while you have prowl toggled. You CAN get energy while you use the stealth arrow so it isnt useless. Also loud weapons breaks the prowl cloak. Loud weapons DOES NOT break cloak while using the stealth arrow. 

There is already an augment that makes her faster. Add that mod with power strength and you move extremely fast while invisible. 

You can shoot a noise arrow at a wall to detour enemies away from an area so you can sneak past without ever drawing your weapon or to get them into position for stealth melee attacks. 

It seems to me that you are trying to suggest changes to a frame that you actually no nothing about her abilities or how to use them. 

Source: Ivara is one of my 2 main frames. 

I have to agree with BemoGuiness also.  Ivara is my main frame.  

OP, You are wanting to change some abilities to do things that other abilities of hers already do or over complicate some of them.  Like the example you gave in number 2; you can achieve the same effect/goal by just using one Sleep Arrow on the enemies and then just kill them any way you like.  There is no need to overcomplicate it with your idea to make each enemy invisible first.  

Ivara's Prowl IS pretty much Loki's Invisibility on crack.  LOL.  

The only changes I want for Ivara are:

- a reduction in the energy build-up over time of Navigator (it's seriously absurd)

- Pull the view on Navigator back.

- for objects that ordinarily bounce to not do so while in Navigator mode - ie. if you clip a wall in a narrow corridor, you will merely grind against it with a shower of particle effects.

Why are people so hellbent on changing ivara?

Cloak arrow - muffles your weapons, allow for energy pads, covers your allies.
Dashwire arrow - Man if there was only a way to get the hell out of the range of nullifiers and nasty on the floor. Oh wait.
Sleep Arrow - CC that opens to finishers? 
Noise arrow - this does not exist.

But whatever. Go play the meta dagger stabby stabby builds against scarecrows in the simulacrum.

PS: Source? Ivara is not my "main" (I just use her in unlimited modes, spy, rescue, sabotage) and the way I play her is considered blasphemy, but whatever.

Edited by phoenix1992

39 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

PS: Source? Ivara is not my "main" (I just use her in unlimited modes, spy, rescue, sabotage) and the way I play her is considered blasphemy, but whatever.

If you have fun and use her in different ways, I wouldn't consider it blasphemy at all.  Anyone trying to pigeonhole her is the one doing blasphemy.  Heck, I use her as a melee attacker quite often.  hehe.  

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I am a shotgun user.

I like using the Arca Plasmor with her myself.  It has the nice effect of destroying all bodies for nice stealth.  It does gimp Artemis Bow, but that's what all her other abilities are for.  :D

edit:  I'm a little curious as to why all of these "tweak" Ivara topics coming out all of a sudden.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

12 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

edit:  I'm a little curious as to why all of these "tweak" Ivara topics coming out all of a sudden.  

For the same reason "tweak Ember" topics show up.

People shoehorn a frame into specific situation and are taken by surprise when it turns out that the same frame can do multiple things.

PS: I never did say I am using only Arca Plasmor ^^

20 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

People shoehorn a frame into specific situation and are taken by surprise when it turns out that the same frame can do multiple things.

Hehe, maybe if they just play the dang frames for more than 2 hours they would see somethings.   I even gave Limbo multiple good long runs trying to figure him out before I totally wrote him off as a wasted frame slot.  :D

20 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

PS: I never did say I am using only Arca Plasmor ^^

Hehe, that's why I have the Silent Battery mod.  

Edited by DatDarkOne