Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Miasma Augment

Xolgys

Hello everyone.

I've been thinking a bit about a possible augment for saryn's miasma since its kind of a mediocore ability since the saryn rework. its still a strong nuke early to mid level if toxin and viral is applied prior in whatever way but its still not what it used to be. that isnt neccessarily too bad but the ability is mostly CC later in the game and since it doesnt procc corrosive (sadly) its not rly all too great anymore overall. im not trying to say saryn overall is weak, by no means, i love her to bits too, but she has her issues and bugs, namely late game the only really useful thing she brings into a team are the viral proccs, even if she can carry something like hydron for instance to wave 20 easily. her melee capapbilities are strong too but underrated, with such a setup its naramon right now probably enabling her real late game with melee since the damage buff and dmg reduction from toxic leash alone would hit a border quickly too. that being said i would like to suggest/see a really useful augment for her miasma that changes it further away from its former nuke state to really support and embrace her aoe dot style:

Vile Infusion:

Miasma +0.5 seconds duration (+2.0 seconds at max rank). Toxin based status proccs deal 25% (100% at max rank) of their damage as finisher damage to targets affected by Miasma.

+seconds duration is affected by +power duration. %finisher damage is not affected by anything. +seconds duration does not increase miasma's damage overall, it decreases damage per tick so that it has the same total damage after the increased duration like it has without the augment. Damage from Spore and both instances of Gas proccs benefit from the augment's effect too.

hence the purpose of this augment is to support saryn's aoe dot playstyle since she doesnt nuke anymore like she used to, at least thats not the best way to play her. miasma still nukes as mentioned but by far not as good as it used to. this augment would decrease the dps (which isnt really all too important anymore anyway) but support her aoe dot capabilities by enabling finisher damage on toxin based damaging proccs. to be noted is that these arent limited to her abilities, any source of toxin based damaging elemental procc would be legit.

Greetings

Edited by Xydeth

14 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

Toxin based (viral, toxin, gas) damaging status procs deal 25% (100% at max rank) of their damage as finisher damage to targets affected by Miasma.

You could list this simply as Toxin DoT's, as Viral has no damage, and Gas procs place toxin DoT's on all enemies in a radius.

Other that that minor nitpick, this is a decent augment idea. Unfortunately, it is a little to strong for DE to implement, as they are extremely adverse to anything that looks like it would make Miasma as broken as it was before Saryn's rework.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

8 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You could list this simply as Toxin DoT's, as Viral has no damage, and Gas procs place toxin DoT's on all enemies in a radius.

yea, true, altough i had DoT from spore intended to work too. thats why i wrote it like that, even tho its not really a procc to be precise. roughly the same goes for gas since the procc has 2 instances and i wanted all of them to count in so i made sure and mentioned gas too. didnt rly find a better way to keep it short but well explanatory. probably still not 100% as clear as i hoped it would be. will add that line to the describtion.

//edit: added a line, hope the intention is clear now.

Edited by Xydeth

Just now, Xydeth said:

yea, true, altough i had DoT from spore intended to work too. thats why i wrote it like that, even tho its not really a procc to be precise. roughly the same goes for gas since the procc has 2 instances and i wanted all of them to count in so i made sure and mentioned gas too. didnt rly find a better way to keep it short but well explanatory. probably still not 100% as clear as i hoped it would be. will add that line to the describtion.

Gas's Double Proc is a Toxin Aoe, and then a Toxin Applied to all hit by the AoE. In fact, the numbers make it to where the resulting DoT is the amount that would be cause by the initial AoE if it had 100% status chance. This may be how it functions, but I don't know for sure.

As for the initial AoE being finisher; that sounds a little OP. Gas proc AoE on high-damage weapons can already one-shot groups of enemies up to pretty high levels (and even higher with Saryn's Viral procs everywhere), so turning it into armor-bypassing finisher damage seems excessive.

Also, this augment would be useful almost exclusively vs Grineer. Corpus Shields are bypassed be normal toxin, so it would be pointless vs them. Infested, outside of Toxic Ancients, are either neutral or vulnerable to toxin damage, so it would only be useful for bypassing a Toxic Ancient's anti-toxin aura.

13 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Gas's Double Proc is a Toxin Aoe, and then a Toxin Applied to all hit by the AoE. In fact, the numbers make it to where the resulting DoT is the amount that would be cause by the initial AoE if it had 100% status chance. This may be how it functions, but I don't know for sure.

As for the initial AoE being finisher; that sounds a little OP. Gas proc AoE on high-damage weapons can already one-shot groups of enemies up to pretty high levels (and even higher with Saryn's Viral procs everywhere), so turning it into armor-bypassing finisher damage seems excessive.

Also, this augment would be useful almost exclusively vs Grineer. Corpus Shields are bypassed be normal toxin, so it would be pointless vs them. Infested, outside of Toxic Ancients, are either neutral or vulnerable to toxin damage, so it would only be useful for bypassing a Toxic Ancient's anti-toxin aura.

ya, grineer, corrupted and infested (limited). yes gas is always toxin afaik but i wanted to make sure as mentioned. i changed the "mod" describtion anyway to only have "[...] toxin based status proccs [...]". with that line about viral and gas beneath its pointless anyway and confusing i guess. should be clear now i hope. yes i know gas proccs can already be really strong but it is not on slash level and the window to apply the proccs is maybe around 6 seconds (miasma total dura with the augment +/-? ) which limits it a bit. slash proccs are still stronger right now except for the aoe on a single gas procc and with this augment saryn could make her toxin proccs essentially slash proccs if we break it down. the damage from spore is not too important later so making that finisher is "only" a bonus.

yea this would make miasma strong again BUT not on its own, that is kind of my point here. miasma was OP on it own previously, now it relies on toxin/virus and with this augment it would still not be OP on its own. its strong, but i would not call it broken considering it requires more than just 1 button.

Edited by Xydeth