Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My ideas on how to fix some bosses.

InDueTime-EN-

These fixes are mostly added environmental things that can trigger bosses to remove their invulnerability. Aside from Krill, these would not change the boss' current behavior. You can still wait for them to do their thing if you want to. 

Sargas Ruk

There are many ways that I can think of to do this : 

• Throw explosive canisters at Sargas.

This one is pretty simple, there are already some explosive canisters in Sargas' room. We only need a way to spawn new ones and a way to actually throw them at Sargus. A conveyor belt can solve the spawning issue. And we can make it so melee attacks or interact button(kick or shove animation) will push the canister in the direction that the warframe is facing or we could just lead him to the creates and shoot them.

• Meltdown

Adding a way to trigger a melt down in the room will give the general a reason to vent as well as adding added challenge by spawning fire hazards. This can either be triggered by hacking panels or have players stand on pads for a certain duration (Just so we have this gameplay mechanic outside of Trials). Maybe even a combination of the two but I don't know how that would work on solo. The pads sound better to me because it will add the condition that when there are not enough players in the required amount of pads, the area would start to cool down and Sargas would close his exhausts. And there can be added hazards when standing on the pads.

• Rampart mounted flamethrower

There can be several mounted flamethrowers or one big one. But to add a bit more challenge you would need to fuel these things before you can use them. The fuels can be dropped by enemy units (can be specific to scorches/hyeka masters). After that, you can shoot Sargas with the flamethrower causing him to heat up and require him to open up his weak points. 

Vay Hek

• Propaganda Drones

Shooting down and hacking drone would blast noise that would force Hek to attack it with his Disruptor Shock. This would make the drone explode and open up Hek's face. 

• Orbital Strike Drone

Shooting down and hacking drone would cause it to target Hek and other grineers instead. If Hek is hit this would stun him and make him fall down to the ground. This would open him up to finishers.

• Grineer Waves

Since Hek opens his face to blast propaganda and boost grineer moral, it would make sense that he would do it when the moral seems to be going down. And what would bring down grineer moral? Mass murder. Killing a certain amount of grineer would prompt Hek to blast propaganda and summon a wave of grineer. This would have a cooldown so that the player couldn't just bring an ember and have Hek permanently open to attack. 

Lech Kril

In line with using their numbers against them this change will require you to kill certain enemies. 

We will re-purpose the machine in his arena to be Lech Krill's emergency cooler. Krill's special guards would spawn with coolants. You have to put a number of this in the cooler all while someone forces krill to use his "Ice abilities" to drain his personal coolant. He will have behavior changes that will help in triggering his abilities. First of he will swipe at any enemy that comes close to him. Successfully blocking a melee attack would cause him to use his Ice ground slam. Shooting his coolant will make him use his Ice blast. Both abilities have a short cooldown. After he has used up all of his coolant (4 ability cast?), he will activate the cooler (and with the power of grineer technology this refills his personal coolant through.. uhmm.. condensation?). If there are too much coolant in the reactor he will freeze for a few seconds or until the ice is broken. The whole room will have cold hazard for the a short duration(depending on how much coolant was inserted in the cooler). While the room is in this stage Kril will actively use his ability without needing a trigger(Rage mode). His abilities spread the ice hazard at this stage too. 

Previous Idea : 

For now just make it harder to destroy his back pack harder to destroy but he would almost immediately use on of his trigger abilities to freeze himself once it is destroyed. In addition, rather than damaging him while he is frozen, players must hack his backpack. This is so he isn't just a bullet sponge and adds a bit more to the fight.

Another thing that can be added would be something similar to a ship sabotage. On his final phase, players would need to insert a fuel cell into his back to make him overheat. To get the fuel cell players must find and remove 2 hidden coolant cells in his boss room (multiple random locations). Which cause the reactor in the arena release the fuel cell. This would require some map changes in his arena to add the hidden cells though.

Leave some feedback and other suggestions if you want to.

Edited by InDueTime-EN-
Change Lech Krill's mechanics

I'd rather not have to do that with Hek. He's already bad enough on his own without having to wait for drones to appear to hack to open his face plate. Even if you're talking as an added way to open his face plate, maybe, but no thanks.

Ruk is fine the way he is.

10 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I'd rather not have to do that with Hek. He's already bad enough on his own without having to wait for drones to appear to hack to open his face plate. Even if you're talking as an added way to open his face plate, maybe, but no thanks.

Ruk is fine the way he is.

There will be no changes on the way they currently act, except for Krill. They would still open themselves up to attack the same way the do now. You don't have to shoot down drones if you don't want to.

These are just ways which enables  players to trigger the vulnerability phases. 

You can just wait for them if you want to, but if you want the boss to get on with it, you at least have the option to do that. 

Agree with the ideas about environmental triggers; that would be great for people farming stuff to have ways of making the rounds go quicker instead of just firing hopefully at an invincible enemy because when they do open up, it's just for a little while, and your melee is useless the entire time, but then, of course, what are you going to do because you've fired so many useless rounds that you'll run out of ammo, so if you haven't crafted ammo restores than you're done for.

I do feel like hacking things would kind of betray the personality that grineer bosses are supposed to have, as brutes who make up with numbers what they lack in strategy, but I'd vote for the environmental triggers.

20 hours ago, TheBubbleman said:

I do feel like hacking things would kind of betray the personality that grineer bosses are supposed to have, as brutes who make up with numbers what they lack in strategy.

You are correct. I'll try to think of other ways to change it. I'll see if I can your idea of using their numbers.