Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica Prime's Ghost Mechanic

Harper

So as it stands. The mechanic of making specters / ghosts out of charged shot kills kind of works backwards for how the weapon should be applicated. Ballistica Prime is a silent weapon yes? But unfortunately, the specters cause enemies to become alerted, breaking stealth entirely. I propose a mechanic change to how the specters affect enemies. Instead of alerting them with their shooting etc, the specters should act like Terrify. Scaring enemies off like Nekros does, thus also not breaking the stealth. I believe this would be a much better mechanic to the weapon because you'd be able to use it stealthily and the specter would be much more useful in the utility aspect offering a bit of Crowd Control. 

TL:DR Make Ballistica Prime's ghost act like Terrify, keeping stealth.

Edited by Harper

They are probably just meant to be an Easter Egg for visuals since they only last like 2 seconds during which they draw some aggro and aren't very useful other than that.

I don't think this is supposed to be useful to begin with but it could work if their Terrify-s range would be really low and they wouldn't be visible for enemies other than the ones affected by the Terrify.

33 minutes ago, Harper said:

TL:DR Make Ballistica Prime's ghost act like Terrify, keeping stealth.

i am quite fond of the ghosts and would rather keep them tbh. granted, i don't usually run stealth, but depending on the level you could always fire before the shot is fully charged, as only those create ghosts.

9 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Or just make the Specter thing an alt fire. Regular shots don't spawn a Specter, alt fire shots do.

this, would be a better solution imo ^^