Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Primed/charged Chamber

Boondorl

No, this is not another "give us primed chamber!" thread. I'm sure there are enough of those to go around.

This is a thread discussing the problem with the mods themselves. And here is the problem:

They're useless. Seriously. I wouldn't even put on Primed Chamber for its measly 7 point cost even if I had it. They're bad mods, and I don't care what people did to get into the top 100, be it no-lifing or exploiting. The point still stands that even Primed Chamber is a very bad mod altogether and not worthy of being an event reward. Why put on 100% extra damage on the first shot when Wildfire gives me an extra 60% fire damage on every shot and an extra 20% magazine size?

What is the point of these mods? Why does it only affect the first shot? What good does this do? If I'm using the Lanka, my magazine size is 10, and if I'm using the Vandal, my magazine size is 6. How is that even worth 7/9 points? It should be worth 1 for the mediocre upgrade it gives.

Primed and Charged Chamber need to be changed. As they stand, both are worthless, and I doubt even the people who have Primed Chamber are using it outside of saying they have it on.

Edited by Boondorl

Lanka +Max Serration + primed chamber + a crit = 21k unmodified. #dealwithit

So you're relying on a crit for your burst damage? Why would I do that when I can easily get sustained damage throughout the clip that will, as a whole, deal much higher damage to a boss in the end? Even then, how does that end up with 21k? You can peak out around 5k unmodified damage max.

Unless, of course, it's super charged and forma'd allowing for other damage to be put on it as well, something that not everyone can do with their Lanka, nor wishes to when the Vandal has more ease-of-use. At that point, it's called being elitest, and not something a video game should be balanced around.

This mod should be appealing outside of "Meh, I got some extra points, why not."

It's x2 all damage, not +.6 of raw. Big difference.

And how is that more appealing? I knew this. Guess what, free split chamber on your first shot! Of course, you probably gave up a mod that does an extra 90% damage per shot for this, so enjoy the first shot while you can, because you just severely hindered yourself for every other shot! Unless, of course, you like reloading after every shot!

This mod is bad. This is why it's bad.

Sigh...if you have 165%, 90%, 90%, 60% and you're debating wildfire(60%) against chamber's 100%, the choice should be obvious.

Original 901%

Wildfire 1060%

Chamber 1802%

You're also not comparing high clip rifles with one another, you're comparing sniper weapons, which even the highest clip ones only have 10 shots. Use it with something like the Vulkar(4 shot clip) and it is beyond just a little more amazing than wildfire. However, this argument should never come down to the difference between 2 damage mods, you have more than enough space to have both with all the forma and potatoes roaming about. The real problem lies in how many mods can you fit on it? You just use this mod instead of a clip increasing mod and slap on a reload speed card with it. How dare it encourage a different playstyle though, amirite?

Edited by Ghobe

So you're relying on a crit for your burst damage? Why would I do that when I can easily get sustained damage throughout the clip that will, as a whole, deal much higher damage to a boss in the end? Even then, how does that end up with 21k? You can peak out around 5k unmodified damage max.

Unless, of course, it's super charged and forma'd allowing for other damage to be put on it as well, something that not everyone can do with their Lanka, nor wishes to when the Vandal has more ease-of-use. At that point, it's called being elitest, and not something a video game should be balanced around.

This mod should be appealing outside of "Meh, I got some extra points, why not."

The charged chamber is bad, primed chamber is good. Primed makes your first shot have a 2x modifier to its damage, charged chamber is really not worth using and likely worth ignoring in your storage. I have charged chamber and its meh at best it doesn't add enough damage to be worth the reload time for my V-Snipetron

Because stacking damage and playing bolt-action style can be really cool to some people? You, OP, obviously do not play like that and it's fine. Not everyone wants to. It's more of a novelty for the people who have no interest in min/maxing. Which again is why it makes such a piss-poor reward. Most of the people who would use it, probably won't ever get to see it.

Because stacking damage and playing bolt-action style can be really cool to some people? You, OP, obviously do not play like that and it's fine. Not everyone wants to. It's more of a novelty for the people who have no interest in min/maxing. Which again is why it makes such a &!$$-poor reward. Most of the people who would use it, probably won't ever get to see it.

Even with increased reload speed and the fastest sniper a WWI sniper reloads faster than you. I do hope DE introduces a real bolt-action sniper one day though.

Because stacking damage and playing bolt-action style can be really cool to some people? You, OP, obviously do not play like that and it's fine. Not everyone wants to. It's more of a novelty for the people who have no interest in min/maxing. Which again is why it makes such a &!$$-poor reward. Most of the people who would use it, probably won't ever get to see it.

I would use Primed chamber just not it weaker knockoff version charged chamber. DE said that P-Chamber was not an exclusive reward to that vandal event and there will be more chance at primed chamber at some other event.

Edit: I do not have primed chamber either.....

Edited by LazyKnight

Even with increased reload speed and the fastest sniper a WWI sniper reloads faster than you. I do hope DE introduces a real bolt-action sniper one day though.

It also doesn't even make sense; a bolt-action doesn't, repeat, does not need to be reloaded after every single round - you just need to work the bolt to chamber the next round in the weapon.

The firearms that needed to be reloaded after every shot went out of style some time ago; they were called muskets.

Edited by Taranis49

It also doesn't even make sense; a bolt-action doesn't, repeat, does not need to be reloaded after every single round - you just need to work the bolt to chamber the next round in the weapon.

The firearms that needed to be reloaded after every shot went out of style some time ago; they were called muskets.

I should have said re-chambered, my mistake.

They can't buff Charged Chamber, because user of Primed Chamber will use them both "together"  if Charged Chamber have enough value.

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/c83bf751f819861893777f764bed2e738bd4e635.jpg

I wonder why DE made 2 mods than both do the same thing and allowed them to combine effect. I really wonder about DE ability to balance thing when weapons can hit for those numbers.....

They can't buff Charged Chamber, because user of Primed Chamber will use them both "together"  if Charged Chamber have enough value.

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/c83bf751f819861893777f764bed2e738bd4e635.jpg

I wonder why DE made 2 mods than both do the same thing and allowed them to combine effect. I really wonder about DE ability to balance thing when weapons can hit for those numbers.....

Well, actually there are only 100 people can do that in single shot, that may not be a balance problem, those numbers only appear in .jpg  

But if they buff the charged chamber to 80%, combined to 180% first shot that may be a little problem.

Edited by Cary2010haha

I should have said re-chambered, my mistake.

Not a problem. It was actually more a gripe about what you were replying to. "Bolt-action style" in no way requires reloading a fresh clip/magazine.

Hell, at current, I'm of the opinion that the closest weapon to a bolt-action rifle in the game is the Lanka since it needs to be charged between shots, and it actually manages to be more tiring and annoying than using a real bolt-action rifle in the process.

No, this is not another "give us primed chamber!" thread. I'm sure there are enough of those to go around.

This is a thread discussing the problem with the mods themselves. And here is the problem:

They're useless. Seriously. I wouldn't even put on Primed Chamber for its measly 7 point cost even if I had it. They're bad mods, and I don't care what people did to get into the top 100, be it no-lifing or exploiting. The point still stands that even Primed Chamber is a very bad mod altogether and not worthy of being an event reward. Why put on 100% extra damage on the first shot when Wildfire gives me an extra 60% fire damage on every shot and an extra 20% magazine size?

What is the point of these mods? Why does it only affect the first shot? What good does this do? If I'm using the Lanka, my magazine size is 10, and if I'm using the Vandal, my magazine size is 6. How is that even worth 7/9 points? It should be worth 1 for the mediocre upgrade it gives.

Primed and Charged Chamber need to be changed. As they stand, both are worthless, and I doubt even the people who have Primed Chamber are using it outside of saying they have it on.

Agree, primed chamber just a trophy, never used it by myself, i have a lot more usefull mods to put in.

Lanka +Max Serration + primed chamber + a crit = 21k unmodified. #dealwithit

First of all it's 1987 damage with crit and 4372,5 with Vital Sense.

Second: 2 sec charge + 1 sec fire rate + 2 sec reload + ~2 sec for other stuff like aiming/human reaction and etc. In result you shoot once per ~7 seconds, great :D

Edited by Keetsune

It's x2 all damage, not +.6 of raw. Big difference.

0.6 raw damage for every shoot give a lot more DPS than x2 final damage for single shoot, that is it.

I think that both of this mods should give bonuses for every shoot. For those who think that this will be OP, IT wont cause sniper rifels have very low DPS. Main objective of sniper rifle is to ONESHOOT things, and those mods is supposed to improve that ability.

Edited by Keetsune

0.6 raw damage for every shoot give a lot more DPS than x2 final damage for single shoot, that is it.

I think that both of this mods should give bonuses for every shoot. For those who think that this will be OP, IT wont cause sniper rifels have very low DPS. Main objective of sniper rifle is to ONESHOOT things, and those mods is supposed to improve that ability.

I agree +1

Not necessarily. Use my numbers.

Primed vs Wildfire

Using Vulkar(4 shots)

1802% first shot and 901% for each follow up on Primed

1060% per shot with wildfire

4505%(primed) vs 4240%(wildfire)

Keep in mind that wildfire will do more against infected, primed will do more against grineer/corpus, while wildfire adds less against corpus.

Now that's just one case. It has a place.

EDIT: Yes, on larger clip weapons it sucks. This is true. But it's not designed for them.

Edited by Ghobe