Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Group Kick And Ignore

Grumpy

Will this eventually be added? I find more and more the amount of people that afk during games, and it would be nice to never group with these people again.  And a vote to kick them from group would be nice.

indeed, the number of times I join a defence and one person stays in spawn room and never leaves is beyond a joke, yes I know there will the inevitable kicks for the wrong reasons but it really needs to be in, some people play just to annoy the other members of the team, blocking shots, picking up a datamass and running anywhere but to the end, its a real pain

Here is a fix for DE for this problem. 

Stay immobile in the spawn area for more than 3 minutes and a nice little chance that a certain Stalker type might just pop out of the shadows for an easy kill.  If others are standing around, then he does not come out.  This will give the group the nice satisfaction that people will not stand around and do nothing...

As a matter of fact, it would be good if that timer was added to anyone just standing around without doing any actions but then people would abuse it to get a Stalker to pop out.  I'm sure he is a bit crafty and could figure something out.

Here is a fix for DE for this problem. 

Stay immobile in the spawn area for more than 3 minutes and a nice little chance that a certain Stalker type might just pop out of the shadows for an easy kill.  If others are standing around, then he does not come out.  This will give the group the nice satisfaction that people will not stand around and do nothing...

As a matter of fact, it would be good if that timer was added to anyone just standing around without doing any actions but then people would abuse it to get a Stalker to pop out.  I'm sure he is a bit crafty and could figure something out.

nice idea but it will be spam to stalker arrive, some people will want a stalker they will stay in one possition and wait for stalker.
It should be like. IF THE PLAYER DON'T MOVE FOR 2 MINUTES THE STALKER WILL DO FROM BACK ASSASSINATION player will be dead and stalker will gone ,1 more minute of no responding and kick from the game and lose life restore.
(but there will be still a problem when someone will just every minute press once move button and afk again.
Kick system can be good but may be problematic too, of people that kick person because somebody didn't like that guy for some reason or just for fun and everybody will think that this guy is AFK and vote fore kick, and guy will be kicked for nothing. I don't want to be kicked for nothing from alert mission.
on the player list there should be write AFK. (but still problem with one button press)

Maybe when somebody will don't move for 10 seconds the time will start 2 minutes of no responding. and then if someone will start to move the time will stop but not reseted. move for 30 seconds and time afk will be reseted 10 killed enemies will reset the time too.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

All this games needs is a blacklist feature.

A kick or vote kick feature will be abused to hell and back, now two ways about that.

The only type of kick that should ever be added is the AFK vote kick, not one that people can start for any reason.

Otherwise you'll just see trolling and other major issues.

Such as want to finish an alert that has expired? Hopefully you aren't kicked right before extraction!

Or think of new players being kicked over and over again because trolls/griefer sit on the mercury planets. Think that wont harm the game?

Plus after you kick them you would still have to deal with them randomly appearing any time in the future to troll you, especially if they are in your clan.

A blacklist would not allow itself to be abused and you only have to play at most one match with them and then never again. And people could even share names of people to blacklist as well.

As for kicking if it is *needed* and there is no other way, the only way to avoid trolling with it is this:

Players can not start the vote kick. It will automatically start after a certain time if conditions are met.

-You stay ahead/behind the entire group for a certain length of time. That means if your rushing and no one else is, or your turtling and no one else is, for a certain amount of time, say spending 1 or 2 minutes with no other team-mates in the same room as you are, a vote kick will start.

This will also catch people who AFK for defense missions if everyone stays in the main room. If they stay in the start room they'll be open for kicking.

-There is no player input for X amount of time.

Again this will catch AFKers and others.

-You are holding the datamasses and not using them for X amount of time when the rest of the party is at the objective to use them.

This will catch spy, deception and mobile defense trolls. Such as the party waits in the extraction and he doesnt let the extraction take place because he is holding the spy datamasses he'll eventually have the party vote to kick him.

Unless there are pre-resiquites like that to starting a vote-kick it WILL be abused. And we definitely dont need to give trolls that ability.

As long as people cant start the vote-kicks themselves and the system handles it there will be little room for abuse.

Otherwise people will kick for any of the following reasons:

-Using Vauban/Loki? I've been harrassed because "He's a troll frame!" even on infested defense.

-Using Mag/Volt? I've seen people be harrassed because "They're the worthless tier"

-Using Nova/Saryn? People will yell and complain because they think that they "steal" their XP.

-Not using the right gear?

-One of the groups friends gets online?

And a *ton* of other reasons.

If people will harrass and yell and scream because of the above reasons I will bet money that they would start a vote-kick if they could.

We really shouldn't give that power to the community.

But if we *have* to then we need to have pre-resiquites set on it so that it cant be abused.

Edited by Tsukinoki

People always say vote kick will be abused by trolls.

Did you guys notice the word "vote"? As in a majority?

If you get kicked by a group of 3 trolls, maybe you should be happy that you don't have to play with 3 trolls. Go find some decent people to play with.

@Inez

And what about the people that kick you because you're playing Mag or Volt because they are considered "Worthless Tier"?

Or the people that kick you because your Vauban or Loki because they are "Troll frames"?

Or the people that sit on mercury alone and kick every single new person which joins the map and drives them away?

While the last one is trolling the first two consider themselves as not trolling and just wanting to play the game the "right" way.

We dont need to give them that ability.

And you want to see this game die? Drive off all of the new players by having them constantly kicked on the mercury missions by a troll/griefer who just sits on those maps.

And what is wrong with putting limitations or restrictions on the system so it cant be abused?

Edited by Tsukinoki

Vote kick is always a touche issue. Always a chance of people abusing it. Could kick a player for just not having weapons or warframes as good as yours or for some stupid reason. Would love a time out feature tho. This is a fast paced game for the most part no reason you should be standing still doing nothing for over a min.

@Deso

Which is why if they add in a vote kick they need to have some restrictions like I stated above.

Not staying with the group by either rushing or turtling when no one else is? Chance to vote kick.

Not getting the spy datamasses to extraction when everyone is sitting there? Chance to vote kick.

Not using the deception/mobile defense datamass when the rest of the party is at the objective? Chance to vote kick

No player input for X amount of time, with a time limit shorter than the first one? Chance to vote kick.

If they put requirements like that on starting a vote kick then there would be a far lower chance that the system could be abused.

Without those limits it will be abused and can be used to drive new players out of the game.

Who wants to play an online game when you constantly are being kicked by a single person sitting on the mercury missions?

i think that theyre should be an option to kick players, sometimes ill be playing kiste/kappa and my rules with the clan are stick with the terminal and dont run off. If i had the option to kicksomeone that doesnt listen or just runs off and ks's everyone shouldnt deserve to play a coop game

@DaJetLife

And you do know that the amount of kills at the end DON'T matter when it comes to the XP you get?

Or are you under the misconception that if they kill something with an ability you wont get your weapon XP? Because that's not how the system works.

And if you have strict rules like that maybe you should play with your clan and not random pugs?