Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dueling Idea!

MickeyDeWitt

So I know that two of the most wanted things by players in Warframe are some kind of PVP and a trading system. Yes we do have the dueling room we can build in dojos but alot of people agree that it isn't that great.

Here's my idea: a 1 on 1 dueling system were each player puts out a mod card and the winner takes both cards home.

This does need a bit of planning ahead and it definetly needs a match-making system so that big players don't rip off smaller players.

Feel free to contribute with adjustments.

It's just an idea but if something like this were to be implemented it would have to be carefully thought and balanced.  

In my opinion that's exactly what makes the current dueling boring - the fact that you have nothing to gain from it. If it had somekind of reward waiting for you at the end it would be worth the time.

@MickeyDeWitt

As long as the reward was completely optional so that you can choose whether to get into that type of dueling and it was similar to what we currently have, then I can see it working out.

That way the people in the duel are deciding the rules to abide by, such as no abilities or no Ogris or what have you.

Terrible idea.  If people can actually lose things in PVP, then balancing for PVP becomes something you can't ignore.  And balancing for PVP further destroys PVE balance.

If you dont like competition you can choose not play,i agreed this ideia ll'' not work,but not because what Phatose said,most of warframes arent' good duelists.

Other day i kill a Nyx fully equipped with 2 shoots of shootgun,loki cant' be invisible on duels like any other warframe,etc.

The developers need changes some things in warframes before lauch a pvp mode.

Edited by RX3_Zero

Maybe this could have different settings, for example: you can't use your 4 powers unless you are fighting a similar warframe; or you could choose to fight only with melee or only with a specific weapon. Also keep in mind that this would still take place in a dojo, among friends, so you can choose what rewards to put into the fight or you could do it as it is right now without rewards.

Maybe this could have different settings, for example: you can't use your 4 powers unless you are fighting a similar warframe; or you could choose to fight only with melee or only with a specific weapon. Also keep in mind that this would still take place in a dojo, among friends, so you can choose what rewards to put into the fight or you could do it as it is right now without rewards.

The shileds and and life points have to be fixed before the match to everyone too,if not frost amd rhino ll' aways win.