Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best focus path for Harrow?

Darkmoone1

Question

Hey guys, so I've been really enjoying Harrow lately as I've been getting back into the game. However, with the focus reworks I've been wondering what I should put as a focus for him. I was thinking Unairu since he needs to be in the thick of the fight and will be the target of alot of enemies, but was also debating Vazarin since he's also a type of support frame. 

Was wondering what your thoughts were on what warframes would be best suited for certain paths.

3 answers to this question

I would choose a Focus school to cover his shortcomings that his abilities can't solve easily. Harrow has reliable CC, shield/health/energy restoration, overshield generation, weapon fire rate and reload speed bonuses, brief invulnerability, and critical chance amplification.

So for me, it would be Vazarin, Unairu, Naramon, Madurai, and Zenurik.

1. Vazarin extends his and teammates' invulnerability time while Covenant's on cooldown, provides impromptu an shield dome for static objectives, grants allies Overshields without use of pizzas, and instant revives are always good for safe measure.
  2. Unairu provides group invisibility, more damage resistance while cloaked, bullet attractors to facilitate easier to hit enemies, enemy armor and damage reduction, and boosting Operator ability damage if you need it for Eidolon fights.
  3. Naramon works for Harrow because melee is also his strong suit with Penance adding attack speed and Covenant critical chance is further enhanced by Void Stalker. Being able to irradiate and disarm enemies provides longer lasting CC after Condemn wears off, which can be especially useful against Infested with their Ancient auras. Harrow lacks the ability to create finisher attacks, so Executing Dash helps with that making Covert Lethality viable (always letting Thurible give you energy from kill!)
  4. Madurai is a straight up damage buff to your guns and melee, what's not to like? Also if Radiant Dash's blind opens enemies to melee finisher, same deal as Naramon and Covert Lethality.
  5. Zenurik is a little redundant in terms of energy, but you can never have too much or provide too much to your team. Its electric stun, slow, and vortex pull aren't as attractive CC options as the absolute binding of Condemn, and Harrow's Thurible already makes Channeling melee attack viable without needing added efficiency.

There you have it, my take on the choices.

I'm mainly in melee with my Harrow, using a Guandao (high crit chance, best range). Therefore I went for Naramon first - Affinity Spike and Power Spike make it very worthwhile early on. Maxed Affinity Spike gives you +45% affinity from melee kills and maxed Powerspike lets your melee combo counter go down only by 5 points per tick (instead of all points at once - so basically it's an inert and more efficient Body Count mod).

Next, I plan to unlock the way-bound skills of the other schools with that Affinity Spike using a different melee weapon with a Greater Lens of other Schools.

Edited by Toran