Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dungeons and Warframes

Xolgys

Hello everyone !

While this is not really a pure "feedback" i still think it fits better into this section than fanconcepts.

So, PoE is out and i have to say, i was a bit disappointed about the caves, dungeons or whatever we want to call them. In general i like the update even tho i also hoped for some weapon rebalances, namely buffs for some weapons which could still use them but thats another topic i guess generally speaking.

The caves and dungeons on the plains are pretty small, at least from what i can tell. surely i havent found them all but there is one for example which leads directly to a closed grineer door. Another one is a dead end to an oceanic exit where a ship could depart from, just to name 2 examples. The door-cave fits prefectly though for something new which could look as follows:

There are grineer generals randomly spawned on the map near camps and they so as their guards are around lv 40-60. These generals are not tied to a mission but rather server as an individual option or general objective players are noted about when they come close "Tenno, i read a grineer generals signal in the area. Take care for these are heavy guarded and wont shy away from attacking you head on." These generals serve as minibosses, a bit comparable to a juggernaut in dimension concerning stats. These drop rare ressource and mods but also have a high chance to drop a "Terminal Device". This device functions as a key and players keep it in their inventory even on leaving the plains/cetus, hence they can be farmed. Now, if players have such a device they can search the caves on the plains for a grineer door. Not every can be activated by every key but if a device is used on a door it opens and leads to a randomly generated underground base. This could use the same RNG system as the starchart maps use, with the exception to not build vertically upwards, it would have to stay underground for logic reasons i guess, unless its leading into a mountain. Once a door is open its open for the whole squad currently on the plains.

This cave/dundeonsystem could be of various designs, just to name some examples which i think fit rly well:

#1: An old grineer mine left and sealed but still harbors some rare containers which were left and forgotten, containing rare ressources/gems/mods. Overall a cave where players can mine minerals/gems even if there are not many containers. Occasionally there are some old machines left behind which will surely be hostile if still functional. To spice it up there will be no minimap available down here so it could be quite the exploration if it ends up being a labyrinth.

#2: A secret grineer operation base which screams "exterminate me !". PoEtentially a grineer boss could be awaiting the tenno here, also with the chance to yield some rarer stuff as drops. Same as the example #1 no minimap available but here players could find lets say 1-3 terminals spread accross the base to unlock/download a map of the base. This could also alternatively be a still working mining station, in this case it would have to be located close to a bigger base on the surface otherwise logic asks "how do they transport it ?" Another alternative of this could be a prison where players can rescue defectors.

#3: A former grineer lab resulted in an infested outbreak (for unknown reasons ofc, why would grineer tell the tenno DUH !). This base was sealed to prevent the infested from getting out and once players enter it and find out whats going on, it turns into a time-limited exterminate mission. Should be selfexplanatory. Rewards should be potentially rare depending on difficulty but similar like the grineer versions in the end. There could be 4 versions of such an infested lab:

->#1 basic infested lab ->#2 infested hive ->#3 infested eximus lab ->#4 infested eximus hive

The hive versions would each feature a miniboss which could be a special broodmother or broodqueen, juggernauts will grow boring at some point since they would be used too often. something new is needed in the hive ! If the mission is not completed on time then the closest grineer base will be overtaken by the infested and they will occupy and defend it also against the grineer NPCs who will try to take it back. This would enable a crossfire mission for the players with grineer vs infested vs tenno. This could be dragged out even further so that the infested would attack other grineer bases and overtake them but im not too sure if that would fit the Dev's idea concerning the lore of the Plains since its supposed to have the grineer as the main antagonist besides the nightly eidolons so the crossfire would probably be the maximum i'd drop here as an idea i guess. In this case tho every faction is on its own so grineer would also attack the tenno ofc.

#4: A sealed orokin ruin which would feature sentient enemies, not many but strong ones. Kind of similar to the example #1 but with few snentients to make the players life in the dark labyrinth just a tad more of a challenge.

Generally the rewards in detail should fit the dungeon type but should feature potentially some rare ressources from the Plains so as some rare mods, but still also some general stuff not neccessarily tied to the Plains. The dungeon types should be a bit limited depending on the door so they wont be 100% RNG theme wise so that there is no total sillyness concerning lore/logic going on.

Greetings

Ps: I know...logic in a game about space ninjas and cats and dogs...no need to tell me.

Edited by Xydeth