Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses

Steemship

Most of them currently need work. They are either bullet sponges or they have been redone to feature invincible time periods in which they can't really do damage.

Neither bullet sponges nor invincibility will cover for the lack of attack power that most bosses have. Bosses needed better attacks and better dodge abilities for the bosses. Their attacks could also be easier to dodge to offset the high damage.

The problem with invincibility with bosses is that it makes high DPS weapons useless since most of the rounds are wasted during invincibility. For instance, anyone expereinced will agree that fighting the Jakal right now is tedious but not very hard. That is because his only devastating attack is his missiles which he seldom uses. However, the boss fight still takes for ever because of the extended period that he can't take damage. Instead of him being invincible, he should take atleast reduced damage and his MG's damage should be buffed.

There was a few discussions on that as well, particularly bosses like Lech Kril. I personally think that for a big dude with a Gorgon and a Brokk hammer, he should at least do some high jumps/long lunges to attack you with it, which can catch you offguard (making dodge rolls useful for the battle as well). To me, Kril doesn't feel aggressive enough. Most of the time, in both forms, he just stands there getting seemingly staggered by all incoming bullets, attacking only when you're close (in which his swing is very slow).

It could also be great to see a boss using blocking mechanism as well. What if after some melee attacks, if you're in front of him, he can block with his hammer and pommel strike you, or simply counter you by staggering you first, then sending you flying (doing relatively high damage without being OP, since it's mostly about sending you away). Adding to what xGryphus said, he can even do a bigger, charged AoE that may do extreme damage if you stay too close, which can wipe out the entire party.

As for other bosses, they will eventually be rework, I'm sure of it. Golem may be a huge step into an interesting situation, and hopefully not like the Raptor...). Speaking of Raptor, why are most/all Corpus bosses so annoying? XD

Anyway, on the topic of invincibility, I think the one by Vor is fine. Jackal and Lech Kril may need a look at to make the battle a bit more interesting (Lech Kril is one of my favorite bosses so far and I would like to see more from him).

Edited by Casardis

Speaking of the Golem, it is an interesting situation, but it is very basic and annoying: He's a challenge but he isn't a fun challenge. A boss who's only real attack is unavoidable stunlock/teleport+damage isn't fun.

Edit: The challenge also isn't that much of a problem so long as you have a frame with a Vitality buff.

Edited by Steemship

Other than his extremely long shielded period, I'd say Vor is actually a good first step in the right direction for bosses, his attacks are powerful but dodgeable, and there's actuallly some strategy to fighting him besides shooting faster than his shield can recharge. Like Casardis said, Lech Kril is also mostly okay, but he could afford to be a little more offensive.

As for the Jackal, I think if they boosted the damage he could take between intervals he'd be fine. I understand the damage caps are there so the battle isn't over in two seconds, but currently you have to repeat the process so many times it's just artifictially extending the battle. Alternatively, maybe they could buff the damage his legs take or make it so you have to disable 2-3 of them.

As for the rest of the bosses there pretty much just placeholders for now, and DE is currently reworking them (J3 Golem is next and is supposed to be HUGE), so we just have to be patient.

Other than his extremely long shielded period, I'd say Vor is actually a good first step in the right direction for bosses, his attacks are powerful but dodgeable, and there's actuallly some strategy to fighting him besides shooting faster than his shield can recharge. Like Casardis said, Lech Kril is also mostly okay, but he could afford to be a little more offensive.

As for the Jackal, I think if they boosted the damage he could take between intervals he'd be fine. I understand the damage caps are there so the battle isn't over in two seconds, but currently you have to repeat the process so many times it's just artifictially extending the battle. Alternatively, maybe they could buff the damage his legs take or make it so you have to disable 2-3 of them.

As for the rest of the bosses there pretty much just placeholders for now, and DE is currently reworking them (J3 Golem is next and is supposed to be HUGE), so we just have to be patient.

YES! That phrase you used! Artificially extending the battle! That is the problem with the invincibility type boss.

As I was making this thread, I was thinking about the Patriarch from Killing Floor. He's a bullet sponge, but he packs a massive kick and he really does take a whole team to take down. He isn't a perfect boss either, but he is a lot more challenging because of the HEAVY fire power he packs.

I agree, however I think it's necessary to point out that if this were to happen, it would be incredibly tedious and hard to farm materials for warframes or weapons. Bosses could use a buff yes, but killing a harder boss for just one mod drop? I'd rather they stay as they are. We're facing the boss of a planet which isn't much really, while none are hard, we gain little reward for taking them down as is due to blueprints not having a high drop rate, and the same for rarer recourses. 

I agree, however I think it's necessary to point out that if this were to happen, it would be incredibly tedious and hard to farm materials for warframes or weapons. Bosses could use a buff yes, but killing a harder boss for just one mod drop? I'd rather they stay as they are. We're facing the boss of a planet which isn't much really, while none are hard, we gain little reward for taking them down as is due to blueprints not having a high drop rate, and the same for rarer recourses.

I'm hoping with U10, they adjust the drop rates on bosses to be better. Also, one mod drop is rare on certain bosses. <_<