Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secret Cache mission inside base is frustatingly bad

Rekkou

I only played this mission for few times, but back then this missions only appeared on empty plains with only few enemies, but now it can spawn on a base? It gets ridiculously frustrating, the sounds are obstructed by canons and guns fire, the marker is no different than regular cache marker, the base is full of obstructing structure, and the worst part is you have to do it under constant attacks and bombardment. Try to kill enemies, then you lose time, ignore them you can die easily.

Edited by Rekkou

Bump, because man this mission is bad. Just realize that if the mission occurred inside a base the area marker is not precise and actually moves around depending on where you are, so it made you go all over the place like a fool. Completing this mission feels like RNG now, it's just bad.

I don't really count on the audio cue for anything regardless of where the cache objective pops up. Typically I just keep an eye on loot radar as I work outward-in the objective zone. Taking a quick run around the perimeter usually nets a cache, if not two, in most generations and from there it's just a matter of poking around the middle until you finish. Whether it's in an open field or a Grineer base doesn't really matter too much for me, at least by my experiences. Over time as well you just start learning where the spawn points are, so you'll keep an eye on the more obscure possibilities like when caches spawn in sniper towers or in caves.

On 10/18/2017 at 12:32 AM, Rekkou said:

I only played this mission for few times, but back then this missions only appeared on empty plains with only few enemies, but now it can spawn on a base? It gets ridiculously frustrating, the sounds are obstructed by canons and guns fire, the marker is no different than regular cache marker, the base is full of obstructing structure, and the worst part is you have to do it under constant attacks and bombardment. Try to kill enemies, then you lose time, ignore them you can die easily.

best one was that one of those bases has this giant structure and one of the cache's spawns there reliably and its not easy to jump up, and good luck trying to arch wing it up there... but yes the hidden cache missions could do with DYING IN FIRE they arent fun at all and are the ONLY mission i fail about 50% of the time... the increased timer has helped but god i wish they didnt exist... was bad enough when they were optional i hate the idea they are required now...