The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

(Updated/Solved?) HUGE FPS drop after a while of playing...

RageManT

So I've been experiencing this issue before the PoE update, but after this recent update (U22.0.6.1) I've notice it getting progressively worst. I would log into the game, starting off with playing the game at 60fps, then about 30mins later, I would get a huge fps drop on all fronts. From being in the Liset, getting 45fps, to being in-game, getting 25-38fps. Perhaps it's because I got a PC upgrade? That's when all of this started, but I highly doubt that's the case, because here are my specs here:

Ryzen 1700X {Running at 3.6}

GTX 1070 8Gb

16gb RAM Corsair LPX 3000mhz

So I'm a bit confused on to why this is happening. My specs should be able to crush this game. Is anyone else having any similar issues, or is currently experiencing the same issues? If so, is there a fix? Thanks for your time.

UPDATE: So I've been playing for a little bit longer, and I've done some research, and it looks like if I turn off Nvidia PhysX Effects under the Display Options in-game, I no longer lag after a while of gameplay, nor do I freeze crash. I've Nvidia PhysX Effects had off for the past 2 days (as of 10/24/2017), so if you're experiencing what I was experiencing, maybe try that?

Edited by RageManT

Same here, 1080ti, 16gb ram, i7 3820 (4,5ghz watercooled), the strange thing is, i can play 3-5 missions with stable 120fps (120hz monitore) but after that, it drops to 30-40 fps, and a few minutes later the screen just freezes, after that i can still hear the sound of shooting or moving around, but screen is frozen, i dont have any plan what this can be

1 hour ago, MrFenrisWolfen said:

Same here, 1080ti, 16gb ram, i7 3820 (4,5ghz watercooled), the strange thing is, i can play 3-5 missions with stable 120fps (120hz monitore) but after that, it drops to 30-40 fps, and a few minutes later the screen just freezes, after that i can still hear the sound of shooting or moving around, but screen is frozen, i dont have any plan what this can be

Same problem here , GTX 1080, 16gb ram, i7 6700k, I've been playing fine all week but this just started. I've verified my game cache and updated geforce stuff but still no dice.

• 1 month later...

Same problem for the last couple weeks. gtx 1080, i7-7700k, 16 gb ram @ 3200 mHz. I can play 165 fps/165 Hz refresh with occasional drops to 120~ after I boot up the game. After 3-4 missions, fps/refresh (been monitoring both) drops slowly from 165 peak to 120, 80, 30, then like 3 fps average. I just played a fissure interception where the game was so fragmented that I literally couldn't do anything. My gpu temp was constantly 50-60 C and cpu 50~ C. I noticed every time the fps dropped to 0 my gpu usage would skyrocket to 100% for about second before dropping down to approximately 4%.

As far as I can tell, the game refuses to correctly utilize my gpu.

I just turned off the physx setting, will see if that is any improvement.

I am having the same problem as well as the "Freeze Crash" (if you mean where video freezes on a single frame, but game continues to run in the background). However, this started yesterday, after I got a second monitor and have been using it as my new main display. Yesterday I ran this new monitor over DVI, as my GPU doesn't have a second HDMI port and these frame drops and freeze crashes were occurring every time the game was running. As of today, the new monitor is now running on a DP to HDMI adapter cable, but the same problems are occurring within 30min of playing Warframe. No other game suffers from these problems, or anything similar. My CPU and GPU usage is normal, and RAM usage isn't showing signs of memory leaking either. As for temps, my CPU runs at 58C and my GPU gets no warmer than 65C. IDK why this is happening, but I know that my friend suffered from the freeze crash thing a while ago when he used a HDMI to DVI adapter cable since he didn't have a DP cable for his monitor. And the problem persisted for him after he got a DP cable (possibly because he started using a second display around the same time, which was running off of his old HDMI to DVI cable and wasn't being used for gaming). 

My PC specs:
Intel Core i5-4670k

16GB DDR3 RAM

Strix GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home (x64)

Friend's PC:
Intel Core i7-6700

16 GB DDR4

EVGA Hybrid GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home (x64)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this on a computer with mediocre 940mx, the weird thing is, i tried to record the fps drops and while i'm recording with OBS the fps drops go away,  even weirder is that itdoesn't really seem to be connected to anything that's happening on screen, i could be in my ship looking at a wall and still get the fps drops (they go to like 20 fps).

i tried other games and i don't get this fps drop.

it makes the whole thing quite unplayable for me at least having these huge fps drops.

Edited by Chicken_Bot

• 3 months later...

Same problem here. GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, i7... People with worse setups do not have this issue when I ask them. This only happens when in do poe bounties. For the first 10minutes fps is good but then it drops down to 30-40. I hate it soooo much. Also, I do not have such option as Nvidia PhysX Effects, under display tab, why?

same here im having this problem since 2 weeks ago and still no fix  befere i had 140+ fps on medium settings  and since 2 weeks ago  never goes more that 80 fps even in low video settings , with a 1070 gtx  (btw i run the game thru luncher not steam) maybe steam players dont have that problem?

@xtreamdoom
Nope, both clients can have the issue. I've personally played on both the Steam and standalone launcher, but appear to have framerate issues on both.

I get about 25 fps below my framerate cap (no vsync) even though my component usages hover at around 50% when lagging.

Edited by MadCuzDev
Typo

• 2 months later...

Having the same issue but on a low-end rig. Was running beautifully up until 2 days ago. Something in the updates that have been pushed out in the last few days borked something. I get FPS drop as soon as I hit the login screen, and if I try to run a mission the game crashes. As of right now it's completely unplayable 😞

Same as me.. Running game on a Intel Core i5-4670 4GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 760 and used to run great, now as soon as it enters the login screen it start with the fps drop. Looking the menu in my liset with 15fps.. Strange thing is that nor the CPU (22%) or the GPU (7-20%) seem to be under heavy work.

[FIXED]

After much testing, and interestingly the only game that this is happening its on Warframe, I found out the problem was in a Win 10 graphic card drivers update. That updated my graphic card drivers without my knowledge. So I just updated on top of those with GeForce Experience and the fps drop its fixed.. 

Edited by tiagoborg

[FIXED]

After much testing, and interestingly the only game that this is happening its on Warframe, I found out the problem was in a Win 10 graphic card drivers update. That updated my graphic card drivers without my knowledge. So I just updated on top of those with GeForce Experience and the fps drop its fixed..  

Edit: posted as a new post for everyone in the thread get the notification with the hope it helps someone else!

Edited by tiagoborg