Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Sure There's People Who Find Vortex Funny, But...

SicSlaver

It really messes up players. I suggest that it shouldn't affect players. It has caused me to fail at reviving and using skills that aren't allowed to be cast in the air.

Wait, maybe this should've been in the Warframe Feedback section.

Edited by SicSlaver

Fk sake why there so much lazy ppls who can't even use skills properly? Stop making such threads if your suck at playing with certains frames. In this game Vortex is most funniest skill to manage with, especially by reason that it "suck" yourself and your mates.

2 John87156:

It's an old bug, and DE know about it.

Edited by Keetsune

Vortex is worst from trio (Mags pull that is fixed, Switch teleport are other 2) but it's manageable and I learned how to avoid it so I don't have a reason to complain, it can mess up resses I guess but never happened to me, it's good for defence overall tho

@Electriq

The biggest problem I have with vortex is I'll toss it down far enough away from the group in an infested mission...yet some idiot will run into it to melee them or something and die from the toxics I sucked up. And then have the gall to complain that I made a death trap to kill players.

If you know how to use Vortex it is incredibly useful and wont affect your team-mates at all. And can be used for some truly huge jumps if done right.

Did any of you  detractors read the post that stated DE said it was a BUG and i isn't supposed to affect other players? I don't understand why you are coming in here calling people names about something that isn't supposed to happen. Melee players rush to the enemy and into your vortex because they have to get close to attack. it doesn't matter if a person is a n00b or not, the vortex making them float and lose control - has nothing to do with player "skill". And there are a lot of people playing with Vauban - the vast majority have no idea what their vortex is ding. most of them put that thing right in the most obtrusive place, because that's where the horde is, or is coming - which is usually also the place players need to be to kill off the group of monsters. Try to remember that just because YOU do something a certain way it doesn't necessarily represent how EVERYONE is doing things.

@magusat999

And yet even a new player should realize: "IF I purposefully run out of my way and into a vortex to melee a bunch of infested there is a high likelyhood that there is a toxic or two in there and I will die".

Thats just called basic situational awareness.

I toss my vortex to take care of the big guys before they reach the team so that it doesnt obstruct them in any way. Yet I still have people yelling and complaining that I got them killed because they couldn't pay enough attention to see the green clouds around the vortex.

Did any of you  detractors read the post that stated DE said it was a BUG and i isn't supposed to affect other players? I don't understand why you are coming in here calling people names about something that isn't supposed to happen. Melee players rush to the enemy and into your vortex because they have to get close to attack. it doesn't matter if a person is a n00b or not, the vortex making them float and lose control - has nothing to do with player "skill". And there are a lot of people playing with Vauban - the vast majority have no idea what their vortex is ding. most of them put that thing right in the most obtrusive place, because that's where the horde is, or is coming - which is usually also the place players need to be to kill off the group of monsters. Try to remember that just because YOU do something a certain way it doesn't necessarily represent how EVERYONE is doing things.

You're absolutely right!  Just because I play intelligently doesn't mean that the noobs will change their ways and play intelligently too.  I mean, why should they use their Primary or Secondary weapons when they can run right up to a toxic ancient with a hammer?

Fk sake why there so much lazy ppls who can't even use skills properly? Stop making such threads if your suck at playing with certains frames. In this game Vortex is most funniest skill to manage with, especially by reason that it "suck" yourself and your mates.

I'm not even sure if I can call this a post that is wrong since I'm not sure how this responds to the OP in anyway whatsoever.

Yeah, uh, I'm not sure how "L2P" helps when the problem is that you're losing control from another player's power, at very inopportune times.

If you dont know how to controll your character inside Vortex AoE then:

1) Just dont dive in them

2) Learn how to controll your character inside Vortex.

Ppls who can't manage with that just a lazy whiners.

Dude no matter what you do if you're in Vortex's range you can and will count as "in-air", which a) means you can't rez someone nearby (people have died from that. Just go to the Raptr Livestream w/ Sheldon and Rebecca) b) locks you out of most skills. And what if a trollban or just someone who's not as skilled tosses it right next to the pod and you need to cast that Ult right now?

If you dont know how to controll your character inside Vortex AoE then:

1) Just dont dive in them

2) Learn how to controll your character inside Vortex.

Ppls who can't manage with that just a lazy whiners.

Except it doesn't really solve the problem that getting caught in Vauban's vortex is unfun.

Yes, it can be manageable, but so was XCOM's teleporting enemies bug. The Firaxis devs still fixed that anyway since that wasn't fun.

DE_Rebecca has stated that the fact it affects players is a bug. They just haven't gotten around to fixing it. Hopefully they get to it soon.

Ah, so it is a bug. I'm sorry, but I really didn't use search to see if it was addressed or not. I usually bring up issues as I remember them. Right now I'm thinking that the ground attack for heavy melee is way too slow. They need to speed that up or something. I might make a new topic for that.

Edited by SicSlaver

accidentally planting a vortex on an infested defense mission only to have everybody sucked up right on top of a toxic ancient is probably one of the most amusing things I've encountered in this game. Especially the coy 'oops' from the Vauban who cast it shortly after.

accidentally planting a vortex on an infested defense mission only to have everybody sucked up right on top of a toxic ancient is probably one of the most amusing things I've encountered in this game. Especially the coy 'oops' from the Vauban who cast it shortly after.

Yea I do find trolling fun sometimes. Like using switch teleport with another player to an inconvenient location. I've never actually done this, but it's fun to imagine.

Edited by SicSlaver

Most fun I had in this game was me and 2 other Vaubans trolling each other on Xini... The poor Excalibur just looked lost with 5 or 6 vortexes/bounces around the pod...but we did manage to make a lot of waves without even paying attention to the infested :).

Edited by Zeke01234