Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbital Bank Station (Corpus themed Open World)

KeLaRo

There is Kuva Fortress for Grineer, why not an "Orbital Bank Station" for Corpus? Like an immense space island like Macross

Macross%207%20fleet%20episode%2026_zpsxi

c3696a6e7a5fa4c72a7e15c327877f7c.jpg

Possible features:

Ground -Land - City resources:

Mostly there are Cypher station to hack for gain access to Corpus Market, once unlocked,a countdown begin and room with precious themed resources are collectable, Let's call them as BONDS /war bonds, city-bonds,the economy is based on them, mostly.

Population:

Mostly Contact are Corpus businees man with very greedy grofit visions,where the Index collective leads (lets call them "Creso Crown " or Cresians  in honour of first coin never discovered ,in Lidia, in actual Turkey, coined nearly 685 b.c. by King Creso) ,but there are also some segret association in contact with Perrin Sequencethe, friendly ("Thaler",lets call them the "Thalerians" (honour to Nobel for economy 2017 ,R.Thaler,USA), The city in this scenario have 2 different and new syndacate partyes ,opposed between them.

:perrin:ThalerN _will reward mostly with deployable booster, like speed,jump,movement,shield/health regen speed booster  (NOTE: not health/shield booster,but health/shield speed recovery booster), Armature booster. (Motto: The Market Can Remain Irrational Longer Than You Can Remain Solventl" J.M.K)

:corpus:Creso Crown _will reward mostly with deployable spectres like Mancrew,Osprey,Index Brokers. (Motto:"Any definition of a successful life must include service to others." G.B.)

Bonds are used as sacrifice for gain level in both city faction.

Enemy on battlefield::orokin:

Due to Orokin corruption ,several group of Corpus citizens join the Corruption Side and try to conquer precious resource and zone, they spot with void fracture on regular time, and this creates grofit loss, the Tenno presence is highly apprecciated and increase reputation,but for 1 different faction at time.Several group of Orokins will be the enemy around city-land.

Special Open World Activity:

Instead of Fishing, Corpus love the noble sports, like something similar to Golf. 

But they are elityst, have a large space for this open wide sport cost, a lot, and also need the good Golf club contact reputation for access to the most prestigious game grounds. More wins more prestige,more hardest opponent,more complex game ground, with some deadly traps sometime!) mostly rewards are special bonds

Random events like, wind, intelligent vegetation, pets escaped from rich Corpus mansion will influence the game and ball direction,position. (not always in bad way, hit a a pet will knock down it, and if u collect it ,Corpus familyes will reward you for bring back pet to home +profit/credit/resources/bonds)

is possible can use part of the logic/animation of Lunaro for create it.

Suggestions,considerations? Be also critical at N^power :D hard way best way.

Archwing Deploy:

Instead of fish oil, Flying over Corpus mansions ,Market buildings, and Elite Golf Club require special Air Permises:

Air Permises are special check out that allow use archwing, they have a time limit, and can be renewed during fly, the BP can be obtained during mission/golf/pet rescue in random way, 1 BP can be deployed just one time and resources could be BOND , War-Bond, City-Bond. When a permise run out of time max, archwing is still usable until landing, but will get no shields and will be attacked by any type of AA-GA ballistic defense until it land, dead or alive. Note that play without an archwing partner  means automatic loss a life if the archwing player is destroyed during fly

Asteroid SuperSlam:

The rich young youth of Corpus have a true passion for risk their life in insensate illegal race around the asteroid rocks inside maintenance stocking area.

Also without racing, the asteroid stocking area is accessible, and allow players to find unique resources, mostly are expired Graviton Battery, Crashed Hoverboard parts, Rare Minerals. Unused mining tools consumed.

during this race they use an hoverboard sys, often armed with tricks or dangerous traps. usually the race are in group of 4.

how should works: Operator join a zone marked on map, if it maintain position for more than 10 sec, Corpus racers will invite him to ride versus them, the only pre-requirement is have an Hoverboard inside dotations with a Graviton-Battery required for move the Overboard.

Hoverboard requires a BP available on Dojo Corpus Lab. But build Graviton-Battery requires a new foundry segment inside Orbiter.

The charge requires a very expansive resource obtainable just with various BONDS collection due to extreme rarity.

Win races will increase popularity inside City and allow to win random rewards inherent to city. 

Garvo: The alternative no-rules artist

For gain reputation Elite clubs, is possible choice to help a very eclettic artist ,Garvo (knewed and appreacited by both syndacates).

Garvo is always requested for tribute statues, alternative holograms, robotic composition, orokin style replies,molecular paints and nano-technovisions.

All this kind of art requires the most strange variety of materials, Garvo could ask for complete his masterpiece everything, from a wreck hoverboard rollbar to the most advanced Osprey Spectre, from a simple FrostLeaf to the ultrarare City-CLub-Elite-Bond-Lv3, that will be sacrifized for alternative art duty.350?cb=20160823134920

You will gain reputation in order to which client's syndacate is supporting the creation ,  Creso:Crown or Thalon. Both will reward if you  for complete their order before concurrence.

Edited by KeLaRo
archwing, asteroid ,garvo.

Making a city sandbox is far more difficult than making a plain, so I don't think something like this is getting ingame anytime soon.

Maybe a corpus tourism site among the astroids would be more conceivable, both for graphics and narrative. Good concept nevertheless

Edited by BakaDatum

On 10/20/2017 at 11:31 AM, KeLaRo said:

There is Kuva Fortress for Grineer, why not an "Orbital Bank Station" for Corpus? Like an immense space island like Macross

Macross%207%20fleet%20episode%2026_zpsxi

c3696a6e7a5fa4c72a7e15c327877f7c.jpg

Possible features:

Ground -Land - City resources:

Mostly there are Cypher station to hack for gain access to Corpus Market, once unlocked,a countdown begin and room with precious themed resources are collectable, Let's call them as BONDS /war bonds, city-bonds,the economy is based on them, mostly.

Population:

Mostly Contact are Corpus businees man with very greedy grofit visions,where the Index collective leads (lets call them "Creso Crown " or Cresians  in honour of first coin never discovered ,in Lidia, in actual Turkey, coined nearly 685 b.c. by King Creso) ,but there are also some segret association in contact with Perrin Sequencethe, friendly ("Thaler",lets call them the "Thalerians" (honour to Nobel for economy 2017 ,R.Thaler,USA), The city in this scenario have 2 different and new syndacate partyes ,opposed between them.

:perrin:ThalerN _will reward mostly with deployable booster, like speed,jump,movement,shield/health regen speed booster  (NOTE: not health/shield booster,but health/shield speed recovery booster), Armature booster. (Motto: The Market Can Remain Irrational Longer Than You Can Remain Solventl" J.M.K)

:corpus:Creso Crown _will reward mostly with deployable spectres like Mancrew,Osprey,Index Brokers. (Motto:"Any definition of a successful life must include service to others." G.B.)

Bonds are used as sacrifice for gain level in both city faction.

Enemy on battlefield::orokin:

Due to Orokin corruption ,several group of Corpus citizens join the Corruption Side and try to conquer precious resource and zone, they spot with void fracture on regular time, and this creates grofit loss, the Tenno presence is highly apprecciated and increase reputation,but for 1 different faction at time.Several group of Orokins will be the enemy around city-land.

Special Open World Activity:

Instead of Fishing, Corpus love the noble sports, like something similar to Golf. 

But they are elityst, have a large space for this open wide sport cost, a lot, and also need the good Golf club contact reputation for access to the most prestigious game grounds. More wins more prestige,more hardest opponent,more complex game ground, with some deadly traps sometime!) mostly rewards are special bonds

Random events like, wind, intelligent vegetation, pets escaped from rich Corpus mansion will influence the game and ball direction,position. (not always in bad way, hit a a pet will knock down it, and if u collect it ,Corpus familyes will reward you for bring back pet to home +profit/credit/resources/bonds)

is possible can use part of the logic/animation of Lunaro for create it.

Suggestions,considerations? Be also critical at N^power :D hard way best way.

Archwing Deploy:

Instead of fish oil, Flying over Corpus mansions ,Market buildings, and Elite Golf Club require special Air Permises:

Air Permises are special check out that allow use archwing, they have a time limit, and can be renewed during fly, the BP can be obtained during mission/golf/pet rescue in random way, 1 BP can be deployed just one time and resources could be BOND , War-Bond, City-Bond. When a permise run out of time max, archwing is still usable until landing, but will get no shields and will be attacked by any type of AA-GA ballistic defense until it land, dead or alive. Note that play without an archwing partner  means automatic loss a life if the archwing player is destroyed during fly

Asteroid SuperSlam:

The rich young youth of Corpus have a true passion for risk their life in insensate illegal race around the asteroid rocks inside maintenance stocking area.

Also without racing, the asteroid stocking area is accessible, and allow players to find unique resources, mostly are expired Graviton Battery, Crashed Hoverboard parts, Rare Minerals. Unused mining tools consumed.

during this race they use an hoverboard sys, often armed with tricks or dangerous traps. usually the race are in group of 4.

how should works: Operator join a zone marked on map, if it maintain position for more than 10 sec, Corpus racers will invite him to ride versus them, the only pre-requirement is have an Hoverboard inside dotations with a Graviton-Battery required for move the Overboard.

Hoverboard requires a BP available on Dojo Corpus Lab. But build Graviton-Battery requires a new foundry segment inside Orbiter.

The charge requires a very expansive resource obtainable just with various BONDS collection due to extreme rarity.

Win races will increase popularity inside City and allow to win random rewards inherent to city. 

Garvo: The alternative no-rules artist

For gain reputation Elite clubs, is possible choice to help a very eclettic artist ,Garvo (knewed and appreacited by both syndacates).

Garvo is always requested for tribute statues, alternative holograms, robotic composition, orokin style replies,molecular paints and nano-technovisions.

All this kind of art requires the most strange variety of materials, Garvo could ask for complete his masterpiece everything, from a wreck hoverboard rollbar to the most advanced Osprey Spectre, from a simple FrostLeaf to the ultrarare City-CLub-Elite-Bond-Lv3, that will be sacrifized for alternative art duty.350?cb=20160823134920

You will gain reputation in order to which client's syndacate is supporting the creation ,  Creso:Crown or Thalon. Both will reward if you  for complete their order before concurrence.

AHA! A fellow openworld constructor I see I see! Well then, allow me to digest your little pet project. Let's see where the excel points and maluses are, shall we?

Hm. . . so you say the economy is based around them? Eh. . . I kinda feel like it would be better based around stealing, say, patents from these vaults and selling them back to the company or their competitor, depending on what they offer.

Ah, so your going for "land-control" this time around eh? The C-Citizens being the shapeless third party and the corps bickering across the field at each other.

Is this a foray into open-world "zoned" Conclave?

Will you lose standing if you seize a zone belonging to the alternative corp?

I hope the rewards are balanced enough that the field doesn't become to lopsided alla The Old Invasions.

HUH! Semi-Conclavist Combat GOLF? Ambitious as ELL sir, either a set up for Lunaro-grade dislike or (sports announcer voice)theeeeeee next level in man's evolution of ball-based spoooooorrrtttttsssss!(wild crowd cheering)

Heh, exotic death-machine and gene-spliced horror retrieval missions eh? I can understand that.

Ah, Goddem Corps, money hungry enough that they'll sell access to their roof and lawn, but, still defensive enough that they'll Gun you down if you outstay your welcome. Kinda makes me think they hand you one of those restaurant blinkers that let you know your up, hehe.

Hover board racing eh? Potential. . . potential is here. Just not sure what to say about it.

Your ending artist bit sounds FASCINATING. Because there's no way to actually stock-up for it, anything goes. Bonus points that it's a method of standing earning,

Are there "tiers" of art you can select to support? For more standing in exchange for more eclectic resources perhaps?

Thats all I got for now, you've already gotta more unique flavor then both the Plains and my work on my synthetic isle of Barboga. Should be interesting to see how it develops in the future.

Edited by Unus

11 hours ago, Unus said:

Hm. . . so you say the economy is based around them? Eh. . . I kinda feel like it would be better based around stealing, say, parents from these vaults and selling them back to the company or their competitor, depending on what they offer.

Ah, so your going for "land-control" this time around eh? The C-Citizens being the shapeless third party and the corps bickering across the field at each other.

Is this a foray into open-world "zoned" Conclave?

Will you lose standing if you seize a zone belonging to the alternative corp?

I hope the rewards are balanced enough that the field doesn't become to lopsided alla The Old Invasions.

Are there "tiers" of art you can select to support? For more standing in exchange for more eclectic resources perhaps?

Thats all I got for now, you've already gotta more unique flavor then both the Plains and my work on my synthetic isle of Barboga. Should be interesting to see how it develops in the future.

knock down a pet for a ramsom? You are heartless! (nice idea however!) :D +1

Corpus cityzens have a sick sense of private property ,and in general, territory. 

Control zone sys could be developable as Clan zones, maybe allowed to be "duty free" zone for certain transaction. (Bond/Supplies/Resources Sales)

In every sys mission the danger of become "repetitive" is present, but we trust in good reward for motivation .

Art tiers should allow just not-exchangeable items, cause art is unique :D (Glifo images, Panels, stuff like this, so PL market should dont be affected so much)

Isle of Barboga? i want see it :D (please make it like sea beach resort :D )

Spoiler

In short: Rich people are always strange, near to be maniacal,(expecially in real! trust me)  i really would exagerate this emotive side of Corpus, Look ALAD V & Nef Anyo ! There are clear case of Emotive addiction/disfunction due to an obsessive job activity! (an extreme "Ferenghi" society, but not pacific)  

As counter part, i see generally the Tenno as a elegant "Klingon" tradition style, they could base internal conflict not for conquer/profit but just for the "Clan Honour" nothing else.

as side note: Grineer are just "Borg" with less circuits and some delicate case of genomyc disorder :clem:( ç_ç)_ but they love pets a lot , since they use them largely in battle, fighitng togheter closely, until death, so they cant be really bad. There is one caring about plants in Steel Meridian Room!

On 10/26/2017 at 4:56 AM, KeLaRo said:

knock down a pet for a ramsom? You are heartless! (nice idea however!) :D +1

Corpus cityzens have a sick sense of private property ,and in general, territory. 

Control zone sys could be developable as Clan zones, maybe allowed to be "duty free" zone for certain transaction. (Bond/Supplies/Resources Sales)

In every sys mission the danger of become "repetitive" is present, but we trust in good reward for motivation .

Art tiers should allow just not-exchangeable items, cause art is unique :D (Glifo images, Panels, stuff like this, so PL market should dont be affected so much)

Isle of Barboga? i want see it :D (please make it like sea beach resort :D )

Reveal hidden contents

In short: Rich people are always strange, near to be maniacal,(expecially in real! trust me)  i really would exagerate this emotive side of Corpus, Look ALAD V & Nef Anyo ! There are clear case of Emotive addiction/disfunction due to an obsessive job activity! (an extreme "Ferenghi" society, but not pacific)  

As counter part, i see generally the Tenno as a elegant "Klingon" tradition style, they could base internal conflict not for conquer/profit but just for the "Clan Honour" nothing else.

as side note: Grineer are just "Borg" with less circuits and some delicate case of genomyc disorder :clem:( ç_ç)_ but they love pets a lot , since they use them largely in battle, fighitng togheter closely, until death, so they cant be really bad. There is one caring about plants in Steel Meridian Room!

AH, so Clan-Owned Areas with less of a horrendous impact on the System eh? Might be a nice place to let folks unleash their extremely competitive tendencies without making to much of a splash on standard players.

Ah, I gotcha, the rewards should offset the sting of the potential grumblings about repetition, kinda like with Void Rifts.

Hehe, will it include a sort of "Random Art Generator" heh, now THAT would be a weird experiment. You'll never predict what it'll look like, just what material it'll be made outta. Getting Dwarf Fortress flashbacks on this one.

Oh, you want to see it? I see you found my old deriviative piece, but, here's the currently updated version if your up to reading it.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/637370-lumped-together-mosh-pit-of-ideas-ive-had-for-too-long/?do=findComment&comment=8844585

Ah, alotta Trekkian references that I actually get somehow. Miraculous! My only difference in opinion is that I feel only Darvo goes the Ferengi route. All the other corps seem like they might be more Hierarchy-minded.

Edited by Unus

I would like to see Warframe move more in the direction of Wing Comander: Privateer, or Eve, Star Citizen, etc. Meaning, more 4x style play in a large systems driven universe. Places, like OP describes are what helps flesh that out. 

I think ships could be the new revenue stream for DE. 

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

50 minutes ago, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

I would like to see Warframe move more in the direction of Wing Comander: Privateer, or Eve, Star Citizen, etc. Meaning, more 4x style play in a large systems driven universe. Places, like OP describes are what helps flesh that out. 

I think ships could be the knew revenue stream for DE. 

Eh, I dunno. On one hand, you have the tasty dropship and archwing precedent, one purchased more then the other of course. The potential "Clan Rip-Relay Arch-Defense" concept  certainly stokes a little bit of kindling neath the fire of your passion.

On the other hand, I think that's way WAY to far outside the realm of possibility given the target audience. Even Eidolon's size is tempered by performance requirements. In addition, such a jump would go way WAY beyond what Warframe is about. Archwing, though different, is still connected to the Frame. The Operator, though different, is still connected to the Warframe. The Liset and it's bretheren? That's Ordis' department. We are passengers, not pilots. But, that's just my opinion of course.

23 hours ago, Unus said:

Eh, I dunno. On one hand, you have the tasty dropship and archwing precedent, one purchased more then the other of course. The potential "Clan Rip-Relay Arch-Defense" concept  certainly stokes a little bit of kindling neath the fire of your passion.

On the other hand, I think that's way WAY to far outside the realm of possibility given the target audience. Even Eidolon's size is tempered by performance requirements. In addition, such a jump would go way WAY beyond what Warframe is about. Archwing, though different, is still connected to the Frame. The Operator, though different, is still connected to the Warframe. The Liset and it's bretheren? That's Ordis' department. We are passengers, not pilots. But, that's just my opinion of course.

Maybe, maybe not. I posted on here almost two years ago saying they should change Dark Sectors into large maps. People thought that was very unlikely given the status quo. 

The original, pre-concept video, idea for Dark Sector was basically Wing Commander: Privateer Merged with Unreal. That DNA still exist in many of the developers at DE. Look at how they tried to get back into the arena shooter space with the Eternals. 

As for the Liset, I wouldn’t replace them, they are landers, while these would be more diverse. They would possibly stand in as alternatives for the Orbiter ship. 

On 29/10/2017 at 6:59 PM, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

Maybe, maybe not. I posted on here almost two years ago saying they should change Dark Sectors into large maps. People thought that was very unlikely given the status quo. 

The original, pre-concept video, idea for Dark Sector was basically Wing Commander: Privateer Merged with Unreal. That DNA still exist in many of the developers at DE. Look at how they tried to get back into the arena shooter space with the Eternals. 

As for the Liset, I wouldn’t replace them, they are landers, while these would be more diverse. They would possibly stand in as alternatives for the Orbiter ship. 

Instead of warframe/operator pilot, why dont consider warframe defender for  Orbiter from external chassis?

like "surfing" on surface of Orbiter that is escaping by hostile flying menace? 

Essentialy is a close room battle on top of orbiter, warframe will protect sensible part ,like antennas,engines,stabylizers.

Meanwhile in Uranus:14E0F0A2BB80316286956FDF3155879A1B7F7BD6

what s going on Grineer Lab?

2 hours ago, KeLaRo said:

Instead of warframe/operator pilot, why dont consider warframe defender for  Orbiter from external chassis?

like "surfing" on surface of Orbiter that is escaping by hostile flying menace? 

Essentialy is a close room battle on top of orbiter, warframe will protect sensible part ,like antennas,engines,stabylizers.

Meanwhile in Uranus:14E0F0A2BB80316286956FDF3155879A1B7F7BD6

what s going on Grineer Lab?

I would seriously consider that, but I am also thinking of having them piloted much like Warframes via transference. Though, that is more inline with something a little different I was working on where the Tenno start building, essentially vehicles/ships that combine, for different combinations of powers and effects.